over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rotator cuff surgery (post)

james caan

Registered
Hey folks a few questions for those who've dealt with rotator cuff surgery ( bicep tendon, bicep muscle surgery as well)...i was hoping to get some actual REAL WORLD accounts on how your recovery went.

I had rotator cuff surgery 1st week of April (two screws were put in), they also did some repairs to my bicep tendon, the bicep itself, and they cleaned up around the bursa sac. My insurance is giving me a fight over PT, so I've just been doing what I was shown by the PT I worked with...but the pain can still be pretty f***ing bad.

But, what do you feel helped the most, how long before you felt even close to 100% (if ever), and did anything as far as supplements, peptides, etc help with your recovery? I'm hoping this leads to no more constant pain, and the inability to even lift a gallon of milk.

I had rotator cuff surgery + bicep tenodesis on both shoulders/biceps (around a year apart). My left involved more extensive repairs, multiple anchors as my supraspinatus was completely torn and my subscapularis was around 50% torn as well. Recovery time for me was around 9 months (for both) at maybe 90%. My right shoulder is almost 100%. My left is maybe 90-95% today. I was in the gym a week after surgery with my arm in a sling but only working legs and the opposite side of my body. I know what you mean about the pain but try not to rely on the Oxy they prescribe you. Ice/heat and Ibuprofen worked for me. I also used a ton of both BPC-157 and TB500. Did it make a difference? Well my surgeon was dumbfounded with my quick recovery so... It was around this time I first read Emerics 10mg/day thread and that changed my perspective on ped use to this day.
Passive, passive assisted and then active ROM. That first month of PT was a bitch! Super important that you have a good PT pushing you just enough and when you get full ROM that you start pushing yourself. A recliner to sleep in was a huge help but your probably past the need for one being a month out now.
The pain will subside over time. I'm almost 52 yrs old. I spent many years tearing myself apart and it caught up with me around 50. Now its all about lifting smart and leaving the ego at home.

I had rotator cuff surgery + bicep tenodesis on both shoulders/biceps (around a year apart). My left involved more extensive repairs, multiple anchors as my supraspinatus was completely torn and my subscapularis was around 50% torn as well. Recovery time for me was around 9 months (for both) at maybe 90%. My right shoulder is almost 100%. My left is maybe 90-95% today. I was in the gym a week after surgery with my arm in a sling but only working legs and the opposite side of my body. I know what you mean about the pain but try not to rely on the Oxy they prescribe you. Ice/heat and Ibuprofen worked for me. I also used a ton of both BPC-157 and TB500. Did it make a difference? Well my surgeon was dumbfounded with my quick recovery so... It was around this time I first read Emerics 10mg/day thread and that changed my perspective on ped use to this day.
Passive, passive assisted and then active ROM. That first month of PT was a bitch! Super important that you have a good PT pushing you just enough and when you get full ROM that you start pushing yourself. A recliner to sleep in was a huge help but your probably past the need for one being a month out now.
The pain will subside over time. I'm almost 52 yrs old. I spent many years tearing myself apart and it caught up with me around 50. Now its all about lifting smart and leaving the ego at home.
I hear that brother, I'm getting closer to that 50 mark, and my body seems to be falling apart lol. I'm sure my lupus is not helping matters at all, as it causes joint pain already. I'm definitely looking into some peptides, as well as keeping my protein intake pretty high (as recommended by my surgeon). The pain can be awful at times, especially when doing certain pt exercises...but if i can get 20-30% better than i was pre surgery, i would be so grateful.

Can you perhaps detail you bpc and tb protocol(s)?

I hear that brother, I'm getting closer to that 50 mark, and my body seems to be falling apart lol. I'm sure my lupus is not helping matters at all, as it causes joint pain already. I'm definitely looking into some peptides, as well as keeping my protein intake pretty high (as recommended by my surgeon). The pain can be awful at times, especially when doing certain pt exercises...but if i can get 20-30% better than i was pre surgery, i would be so grateful.
Blast from the past brother! Good to see you here!
I will be needing surgery for my torn labrum, partially torn supra...whilst also having biceps tenonitis and tendonosis, impingement..and a subchondral cyst!

I had my infraspinatus and supraspinatus reattached and a ruptured biceps tendon repaired in the same surgery. After the second visit to the PT he told me i did not need to come any more as i was actually doing what i should. Mostly PT's spend there time trying to motivate people to work on their rehab as most only to it when they are at the PT. It was when i was still natural so no PEDS. I was back in the gym after 5 days working the body parts i could. And that was agreed to by my Ortho. As that would facilitate healing of the inquired shoulder. And doing my stretches for the injured shoulder several times a day and the exercises once a day. By 6 weeks post surgery i was moving some baby weights then progressed from there. After 8 months i was back to where i was at my peak.

Blast from the past brother! Good to see you here!
I will be needing surgery for my torn labrum, partially torn supra...whilst also having biceps tenonitis and tendonosis, impingement..and a subchondral cyst!
Wishing you a safe procedure, and a very speedy recovery brother.
I had a cyst removed late last year, it was located mid trapezius, the scariest part was they suspected malignancy, but after the biopsy it was determined to be a form of cyst that mimics cancerous tumors. The cyst had become hardened, and was already attaching like a malignant tumor would. How amazing when they told me the results came back negative.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear