over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rotator Cuff Surgery

MooseKnuckles

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
So back in December, I had some shoulder pain in both my shoulders, but the right one was the worst, so in January, I had an MRI which showed a full-thickness tear in my posterior supraspinatus and far anterior infraspinatus, so I had surgery at the end of January, well my left shoulder has been hurting a little more because that has been my dominant arm since I had surgery on my right shoulder, the doctor recommended an MRI on my left to see what was going on so I had one last week and they called today with my mri results, same thing full thickness tear on my left rotator cuff.

I was planning on a different start to the year but it could be a lot worse so I am thankful that it is something that can be fixed because there are a lot of people in the world that have it way worse than this.

2023 will be my year to get back in the swing of things 😂😁

Had mine repaired in 2003-2004. Took me a full year to have zero pain when lifting. Good luck. The 1st week after the surgery sucks.

Cage

good luck to ya man, shoulder surgery blows, i started doing a little at the 5 month mark but believe it was next to nothing, i was just doing it for mental health, i just slowly and i mean slowly increased intensity, it probably took me about 1 year before i was 100.

I worked with a shoulder doc today and he said to a guy that it would take around 6 months for the dude to start lifting again. I think a year is realistic to get back to where you are now with no pain. I'm slowly getting older and realizing these things happen and its ok to take time to recover.

good luck to ya man, shoulder surgery blows, i started doing a little at the 5 month mark but believe it was next to nothing, i was just doing it for mental health, i just slowly and i mean slowly increased intensity, it probably took me about 1 year before i was
I was planning on a year to be fully recovered or as close to fully recovered as possible, right now I have been walking, riding the stationary bike, and doing leg extensions, but I'm only 8 weeks in since surgery, I was just happy to get out of the sling after 6 weeks.

Yep, plan on a year, but you can get a lot of legs in during that time :) I was in the gym two days after my surgery, on the leg press.
Every day is leg day :D, I've been doing my best but it's hard to get motivated when you are limited on what you can but I am doing what I can so I don't go insane

I worked with a shoulder doc today and he said to a guy that it would take around 6 months for the dude to start lifting again. I think a year is realistic to get back to where you are now with no pain. I'm slowly getting older and realizing these things happen and its ok to take time to recover.
I agree, my doctor told me 6 months I would be around 75% but plan on a year before your around 100%

I'm starting to wish I took a little better care of myself when I was younger and I should have been taking it a little easier the last few years

I was planning on a year to be fully recovered or as close to fully recovered as possible, right now I have been walking, riding the stationary bike, and doing leg extensions, but I'm only 8 weeks in since surgery, I was just happy to get out of the sling after 6 weeks.
yeah bro that sling sucks balls, dont know about you but i slept in a recliner for a month might have been a little longer

Good luck bro have you tried TB500 to help with recovery.

yeah bro that sling sucks balls, dont know about you but i slept in a recliner for a month might have been a little longer
I

I slept on the couch for 6 weeks until I got the sling off, I am 8 weeks since I had surgery and my shoulder is feeling pretty good.

Good luck bro have you tried TB500 to help with recovery.
I was planning on getting TB-500, I have also been taking 2iu GH a day since surgery

When that nerve block wears off after surgery...holy fuck right?!
A recliner was key for me during those first few weeks after surgery. Elastic shorts. Reusable ice/heat packs. Button down shirts or tank tops. About 3.5 months of PT (passive, active assisted and then your pretty much on your own). My R supraspinatus was 3/4 torn. That surgical recovery took about 8 months. About a year after that surgery I tore my L supra and subscapularis doing heavy flat dumbbell presses. I can still hear the tearing sound. My supra was completely torn off the humeral head, required multiple anchors. I had bicep tenodesis with both surgeries as well. That was back in 2018 and then 2019. Physical Therapy was key. I'm 53 now. Still getting into the gym 3-4x/wk. Much more cautious with overhead presses. Found different hand positions with dumbbells much more comfortable. Stay away from straight bars now. One day at a time. TB 500, 2-3 IU GH, BPC 157 and Emerics micro dosing about 2 weeks after surgery really accelerated my recovery.

A recliner was key for me during those first few weeks after surgery. Elastic shorts. Reusable ice/heat packs. Button down shirts or tank tops. About 3.5 months of PT (passive, active assisted and then your pretty much on your own). My R supraspinatus was 3/4 torn. That surgical recovery took about 8 months. About a year after that surgery I tore my L supra and subscapularis doing heavy flat dumbbell presses. I can still hear the tearing sound. My supra was completely torn off the humeral head, required multiple anchors. I had bicep tenodesis with both surgeries as well. That was back in 2018 and then 2019. Physical Therapy was key. I'm 53 now. Still getting into the gym 3-4x/wk. Much more cautious with overhead presses. Found different hand positions with dumbbells much more comfortable. Stay away from straight bars now. One day at a time. TB 500, 2-3 IU GH, BPC 157 and Emerics micro dosing about 2 weeks after surgery really accelerated my recovery.
The nerve block is love and hate, I hated the numb hand and arm but when it wore off the collarbone pain was the worst for a few days, they had to shave to collarbone which felt like it was broken, I had surgery on my right at the end of Jan and the doctor said at my 3 months follow up at the end of April he will evaluate the right and see how it's doing and if everything is good he said we could do surgery on the left which also has a full-thickness tear in the supraspinatus. My right shoulder is doing great and my physical therapist said I am doing excellent and he feels like I'm a little ahead of what most patients generally are after 8 weeks. I have been taking 2iu of GH since surgery and plan on bumping it up to 3iu, and I just ordered TB-500 and BPC-157. I didn't plan on two shoulder surgeries back to back in the same year but I figure I might as well get them over with and look forward to 2023. The right shoulder already feels better than my left LOL

Follow your PT, attend your sessions religiously. I had two very attractive/young females working on me. Made it very easy to stick to my 3x/wk sessions:) Do your "at home" wall/doorway stretches consistently. Always ice after. One of my PT's used different Graston tools on all my scars as soon as the sutures/glue fell off. My scars and surrounding skin would be beat red after her scrapping. Almost to the point of bleeding. You'd have to know what to look for to see any evidence that I ever had bilateral arthroscopic shoulder surgery plus bicep Tenodesis. The GH & peptides truly accelerated my recovery. It was a joy during my surgical follow ups (1, 2, 4, and then 6 months) seeing my surgeon shake his head in disbelief at how quickly I got full ROM and my strength back. Especially in my left shoulder which is somehow stronger than my right now?!

Follow your PT, attend your sessions religiously. I had two very attractive/young females working on me. Made it very easy to stick to my 3x/wk sessions:) Do your "at home" wall/doorway stretches consistently. Always ice after. One of my PT's used different Graston tools on all my scars as soon as the sutures/glue fell off. My scars and surrounding skin would be beat red after her scrapping. Almost to the point of bleeding. You'd have to know what to look for to see any evidence that I ever had bilateral arthroscopic shoulder surgery plus bicep Tenodesis. The GH & peptides truly accelerated my recovery. It was a joy during my surgical follow ups (1, 2, 4, and then 6 months) seeing my surgeon shake his head in disbelief at how quickly I got full ROM and my strength back. Especially in my left shoulder which is somehow stronger than my right now?!
Hot therapists always help LOL, I started PT a week after surgery and have been going 3 x a week since and doing the home stretches religiously, my PT says my mobility is doing great and says I'm doing better that most at the same time frame, I had one female therapist do the scrapping on my scars. I do feel like the GH has accelerated recovery so far and I just ordered TB-500 and BPC-157. My PT and his assistants always say how they can't believe how well my mobility and recovery is coming along. I had some pain the first week after surgery where they shaved my collarbone down but after that, it has been pretty minimal.

Going in for the MRI in the next few days.
Hoping I get luckier then you guys.
The left on me is what feels like frozen shoulder with glass shards.

Going in for the MRI in the next few days.
Hoping I get luckier then you guys.
The left on me is what feels like frozen shoulder with glass shards.
Best advice I can give is to follow your physical therapy instructions and be religious about doing them. Also get them deep tissue massages where they break up your scar tissue.

I was back at work in 2 weeks. But I couldn’t lift my arm higher than my shoulder. After a month I could raise it all the way up. My right shoulder felt brand new after about a year. You’ll be able to do normal activities soon after surgery, (abt a month) but as to overhead presses; they’ll have to wait 6-12 months.

Cage

I do not know if you ever did posing of any sort but did this entire fiasco pretty much shut down your ability to flare your lat on your injured side? If so, did it return to normal afterwards?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws