over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

rotators?

Kyubert

Registered
Is this my rotators? I feel a pain when I do rows to my midback in my right side in the shoulder area, but when I do it to my lower lats, there is no pain. I also feel a weakness in that same area. Is it the rotators? If so, which specific exercises to rehab those certain cuff muscles.

pain

where exactly do you feel the pain?? what part of your shoulder? is there any other movement other than rows that makes it hurt?

I feel it in shoulder blades and my rear delts. The rowing to the midback is the only exercise that makes it hurt, but I feel a weakness in my shoulder when I do inclines.

hmm..

I am trying to figure out the connection between the 2 exercises seeing that they are antagonist (opposite) of each other. The only common ground may be the rhomboids. Sometimes if the area between your shoulder blades (ie rhomboid muscles) get bigger too fast or become tight, when you do exercises that draw your scapulas together, they can feel impinged or pinched.

When you do inclines are you going past parallel with your elbows when you come down with the dumbells or bar? the only other muscle that could come into play would be pec minor. it has a front of the body action but, an attachement on the scapula.

I go down all the way during inclines, full range of motion. I have been doing external rotator cuff exercises and it feels fine when I do them. But it is only when I do rows with a heavier weight that I feel a pain. It kind of does feel like a impingement, but Im not sure. I feel a weakness and pain in that area, and when I do heavy inclines, I just feel a weakness.

Welcome to the world of Armageddon. I have delt with this for sometime. Mine is created from bursitis and extreme inflamation. It takes time to work through. ART therapy is best for this as I have found. The rowing problem is most likely a rhomboid problem. Grab a stationary object palms down, and sink your but to the floor and let that pull stretch out your back. That is probably going to be part of the problem. Next is there maybe some iritation to the rotator itself and ART will do wonders for this. My problem is bad enough to where it also affects my elbows as bad if not worse than my shoulders. You'll have to back off the weights alittle bit to help recovery, ice twice a day and stretch it well. Remember to warm up really good. This should help to get started.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear