over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rumble Roller Question

muscle96ss

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I am getting ready to buy a black(extra firm) rumble roller. For those that use them, do you use the smaller or larger one? What are the advantages or disadvantages between the 2?

Of all the self-myofascial release products, I personally have found more value with a section of PVC pipe ($6 at Home Depot) and a lacrosse ball or softball ($2-3).

Of all the self-myofascial release products, I personally have found more value with a section of PVC pipe ($6 at Home Depot) and a lacrosse ball or softball ($2-3).

Truth. I have the large black rumble roller and never use it.

It sits while I roll on 4" PVC and various LAX ball configurations. Save your money IMHO.

I like my Rumble Roller and use it daily. I like the smaller one because I travel frequently, and it's easier to pack than the longer one.

i use the larger one. the smaller one is harder to use on larger body parts like back because it shifts as you move. with the smaller one you find that it suddenly is resting on your right shoulder blade after a few passes instead of being somewhat centered

I was definitely looking into buying a rumble roller...but after this, perhaps PVC pipe and a lacrosse ball would be a better, more economical option. Thanks!

Hey Muscle96

Great question!

I have used both the PVC pipe, lacrosse ball and the Black 30" Extra Firm Rumble Roller.

IMHO, the RR is superior.
It seems to "knead" the tissue better through compression. The PVC pipe just "compresses" the tissue.

I use it daily as part of my warm up, especially on Quads, Hams, IT Bands, and Lower-Middle-Upper Back.

On Back and Leg days, I also find it beneficial to use it intra workout, especially when those areas are pumped with blood.

By doing this I can demolish those body parts and as long as I RR, I have almost zero soreness the next day. It's a marvelous recovery tool.

The lacrosse ball works better on calves and delts. It's a little more tricky to get enough bodyweight pressure on those areas with the RR.

The 30" RR is better than the shorter model because as folks have mentioned,
your body does move as you roll. Plus it covers more surface area.

True, it's a bit more expensive, but well worth the investment.

Good luck,

-MT

pvc pipe and 3 lacrosse balls is all you need. tape two of them together to use on t-spine. Use the single to get at pecs, pec delt tie-in, piriformis and all the little back nooks and crannies and mash everything else with the pvc.If you want to smash calves, put some 5's on a barbell, sit on the ground in front of it. put your calf up on it with the other leg over it for added weight and roll that calf around till you pee yourself or cry from the pain. Dont forget to mash your arches with the lacrosse ball too

I have heard a lot of people say the rumble roller is great with the nodes and they really hit the muscle but I think it's just to expensive.
I've got a piece of PVC pipe with ridges in it which works well. I found it in a field it's the stuff that supports new trees

I have a roller that I use on back, hams, quads , it band

have a rolling pin type thing that I use to hammer quad insertions and calves

after reading this going to buy a lacrosse ball

the rolling pin thing is great but wife can't really generate enough force to hit my shoulders good enough with it.

Great question!

I have used both the PVC pipe, lacrosse ball and the Black 30" Extra Firm Rumble Roller.

IMHO, the RR is superior.
It seems to "knead" the tissue better through compression. The PVC pipe just "compresses" the tissue.

I use it daily as part of my warm up, especially on Quads, Hams, IT Bands, and Lower-Middle-Upper Back.

On Back and Leg days, I also find it beneficial to use it intra workout, especially when those areas are pumped with blood.

By doing this I can demolish those body parts and as long as I RR, I have almost zero soreness the next day. It's a marvelous recovery tool.

The lacrosse ball works better on calves and delts. It's a little more tricky to get enough bodyweight pressure on those areas with the RR.

The 30" RR is better than the shorter model because as folks have mentioned,
your body does move as you roll. Plus it covers more surface area.

True, it's a bit more expensive, but well worth the investment.

Good luck,

-MT

Solid assessment. I have the long, firm Rumble Roller and have been using it daily for a couple years now. Well worth the $$ in my opinion.

I have both the rumble roller and pvc. Definitely spend a little extra cash on the rumble roller. I have been using mine for a year or two on my glutes, IT, and TFL (hip flexor) before my leg training and it helps open me up a ton. The PVC like to squirm out from under you, its harder to position, doesn't get as deep, and is just plain more awkward.

I have used a regular foam roller, PVC and the rumble roller.I find the rumble roller to me much more effective. You can find trigger points and stiff areas with the fingers on RR. I do also use a lacross ball to roll the borderline of my scapula as i find it easier to get your shoulder blades out of the way using the ball.

Thanks for the info guys; gonna go ahead and get the big one and see how it goes. I already use a theracane for my back and shoulders.

I bought the softer one in the bigger size and just about cant use it. Its too much for me. I can use a regular foam roller but the rumble roller is murder. It sits in my closet (Ill sell it if you are interested lol)

I cut one of my motocross front tires that had a rock puncture to the side wall, cut it into strips and glued it with construction adhesive to 4" PVC.

Under ten bucks. Most shop's thro old cross tires out each day...

I have the black RR, lacross ball, exercise bands, the STICK roller and various other little hand held tools....all important and using them daily really pays off.

Same as above but recently purchased an "armaid", not cheap but worth every penny, this is for forearms exclusively.

Same as above but recently purchased an "armaid", not cheap but worth every penny, this is for forearms exclusively.

Yes I got ine too. Awesome.
Really has helped my tennis elbow. Weird looking but has revived my upper body training...
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

voodoo floss took care of my tennis elbow. helps alot with knees too, and it got rid of my plantar fasciitis along with rolling my arches on a ball

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131