over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Running T3 safely

mp5navy187

Banned
There is to many threads on the internet about t3 and how to run it properly? If you keep it under 75 mcg in a 8 week time frame and tapper down to 25 can you safely come off?:banghead:

Im still curious....

Yes. The thyroid is very resilient. It snaps back into action after after a couple weeks. There are studies showing people who've been misdiagnosed and put on thyroid for decades, then taken off. They recover thyroid function in just a very short time.

Thyroid is tricky though. Too little and you're under-shooting your natural level and short changing your metabolism. Too much and either it doesn't work at all possibly because it activates rT3 (reverse T3) to counteract the effect you're looking for and again you're back with a slow metabolism. Or the body allows it to work and the excess runs rampant and eats muscle. I dunno why it works differently in different folks.

I'm the first case. Too much and my metabolism actually gets worse. I can take 30mcg of T3/ 100mcg of T4 combined and that's it. Any more and nothing happens with fat loss at all. Finding the right amount took me about a year of experimenting with mostly bad results.

Were I to do it over, I'd just stick with ECA.

Hopefully Stewie or Kaladryn can chime in on why the difference or a better way to find the right dose for our purposes.

You do not need to taper off t3. Drop it cold turkey when you are done. Google patients misdiagnosed with low thyroid who were placed on t3 for years. Once drug was ceased they all recovered fine in a rather short time frame

You do not need to taper off t3. Drop it cold turkey when you are done. Google patients misdiagnosed with low thyroid who were placed on t3 for years. Once drug was ceased they all recovered fine in a rather short time frame

Agreed. I read that and once I did I just dropped it and seemed to be fine blood work wise after 8 weeks. I normally go 8 weeks post show to see where I am and make sure my body is back to normal since I am off of everything except HRT.

Agreed. I read that and once I did I just dropped it and seemed to be fine blood work wise after 8 weeks. I normally go 8 weeks post show to see where I am and make sure my body is back to normal since I am off of everything except HRT.

agreeing with a lot of my posts lately:cool:

I always thought you needed to taper off T3. Interesting info.

Tapering is mostly old, outdated gym broscience. You start recovery when the negative feedback loop ends. Until then, you're delaying recovery. Little need to taper when only on 50-75mcg. I come off cold and don't even notice a thing except better bump/glycogen after a week.

T3 makes me flat and seems to hinder gains at even lower dosages. I've yet to pinpoint my sweet spot.

There's no need to taper off of liothyronine. With that said, if one is taking more than 100 mcg daily it may be wise to titrate down to 50 mcg over a few days too a few weeks, then stop. Consideration of Micronutrients (micro minerals- trace elements) can influence how quickly one restores a Euthyroid state. Amongst other rare case scenarios one may not rebound back too a Euthyroid state ie; pituitary gland dysfunction,conversion of T3 produced by 5'-deiodination of T4 (liver impairment), undiagnosed OSA ect, ect, ect.

Last edited:
There's no need to taper off of liothyronine. With that said, if one is taking more than 100 MCG daily it may be wise to titrate down to 50 mcg over a few days too a few weeks, then stop. Consideration of Micronutrients (micro minerals- trace elements) can influence how quickly one restores a Euthyroid state. Amongst other rare case scenarios one may not rebound back too a Euthyroid state ie; pituitary gland dysfunction, conversion of 5' deiodinase in the liver (liver impairment), undiagnosed OSA ect, ect, ect.

Stewie's posts make me hard! This exactly. Only reason to taper is when adjusting down from higher than average dosages. Imo, over 100mcg is bad news anyway. Great contributor to this board!

There's no need to taper off of liothyronine. With that said, if one is taking more than 100 mcg daily it may be wise to titrate down to 50 mcg over a few days too a few weeks, then stop. Consideration of Micronutrients (micro minerals- trace elements) can influence how quickly one restores a Euthyroid state. Amongst other rare case scenarios one may not rebound back too a Euthyroid state ie; pituitary gland dysfunction,conversion of T3 produced by 5'-deiodination of T4 (liver impairment), undiagnosed OSA ect, ect, ect.

always right on cue brotha

when you get a sec check your inbox, thanks!:D

Good to know I ran t3 for 9 weeks at 75 mcg and slowly towards the end tappered down to 25 mcg... Been 2 weeks havent noticed anything bad or postive... I was flat my entire cycle with tren e test e.... But i did cut up nicely...

The other myth is running t3 with tren or is better to run caber with tren?:banghead:

A friend of a friend who knows a guy in a research lab... never had a problem. On and off while dieting for 7-8 years. Regardless of taper or cliff dive, body temp is a bit off for 3-4 weeks. Blood work has never shown below range after a month or two.

Good to know... Feel better now ill get blood work in a month

Yes. The thyroid is very resilient. It snaps back into action after after a couple weeks. There are studies showing people who've been misdiagnosed and put on thyroid for decades, then taken off. They recover thyroid function in just a very short time.

Thyroid is tricky though. Too little and you're under-shooting your natural level and short changing your metabolism. Too much and either it doesn't work at all possibly because it activates rT3 (reverse T3) to counteract the effect you're looking for and again you're back with a slow metabolism. Or the body allows it to work and the excess runs rampant and eats muscle. I dunno why it works differently in different folks.

I'm the first case. Too much and my metabolism actually gets worse. I can take 30mcg of T3/ 100mcg of T4 combined and that's it. Any more and nothing happens with fat loss at all. Finding the right amount took me about a year of experimenting with mostly bad results.

Were I to do it over, I'd just stick with ECA.

Hopefully Stewie or Kaladryn can chime in on why the difference or a better way to find the right dose for our purposes.

Hey Ehren. rT3 is caused by several action yet not by Endogenous or Exogenous T3. We'll look at one mechanism of that the pituitary is the only tissue that does not contain (D3) Deiodinase type 3 , which converts T4 to rT3 and competes with (D1) Deiodinase type 1 that converts T4 to T3. rT3 is a competitive inhibitor of T3, blocking T3 from binding to its receptor and blocking T3 effect. Although supplemental T3 has been effective at lowering rT3. If rT3 is out of a good ratio of T3, let's say supplemental T3 has lowered rT3 to low, one generally will become hyperthyroid. Keep in mind hyperthyroidism can share similar symptoms of hypothyroidism. Other associated causes that will raise ones rT3 can be attributed too stress, either extreme dieting for weight loss and weight gain, inflammatory factors, nutritional deficiencies, chronic lack of sleep and OSA too name a few.

Those that experience lethargicy while supplementing with T3 can be from several causes. We'll take someone that's using Supraphysiological doses of AAS, its well known that AAS reduce thyroid function ie: TSH, FT3 and FT4 yet not Total T4. If we exclude the possibility of nutritional deficiencies, this for the most part this isn't significant too necessarily supplement with T3/T4. Although supplementing with a low dose of both T3/T4 (such as you have) may help with nutrient uptake, more so than not supplementing.

To move forward with a possible cause of why some experience lethargicy and fatigue while supplementing T3 while on Supraphysiological doses of AAS. AAS has a suppressive effect on our lipid synthesis of pregnenolone. Pregnenolone is the precursor hormone too several other hormones involved in the steroidogenesis of progestogens, mineralcorticoids, glucocorticoids, androgens, and estrogens, as well as neurosteroids. The suppressive effect on Cortisol, the major glucocorticoid, is required in an equilibrium state of thyroid hormones to activate or shuttle thyroid hormones too the tissue. So if one has inadequate amounts of serum cortisol kinda similar too those with Addison's disease, thyroid hormone will not be utilized effectively.

Last edited:
Hey Ehren. rT3 is caused by several action yet not by Endogenous or Exogenous T3. We'll look at one mechanism of that the pituitary is the only tissue that does not contain (D3) Deiodinase type 3 , which converts T4 to rT3 and competes with (D1) Deiodinase type 1 that converts T4 to T3. rT3 is a competitive inhibitor of T3, blocking T3 from binding to its receptor and blocking T3 effect. Although supplemental T3 has been effective at lowering rT3. If rT3 is out of a good ratio of T3, let's say supplemental T3 has lowered rT3 to low, one generally will become hyperthyroid. Keep in mind hyperthyroidism can share similar symptoms of hypothyroidism. Other associated causes that will raise ones rT3 can be attributed too stress, either extreme dieting for weight loss and weight gain, inflammatory factors, nutritional deficiencies, chronic lack of sleep and OSA too name a few.

Those that experience lethargicy while supplementing with T3 can be from several causes. We'll take someone that's using Supraphysiological doses of AAS, its well known that AAS reduce thyroid function ie: TSH, FT3 and FT4 yet not Total T4. If we exclude the possibility of nutritional deficiencies, this for the most part this isn't significant too necessarily supplement with T3/T4. Although supplementing with a low dose of both T3/T4 (such as you have) may help with nutrient uptake, more so than not supplementing.

To move forward with a possible cause of why some experience lethargicy and fatigue while supplementing T3 while on Supraphysiological doses of AAS. AAS has a suppressive effect on our lipid synthesis of pregnenolone. Pregnenolone is the precursor hormone too several other hormones involved in the steroidogenesis of progestogens, mineralcorticoids, glucocorticoids, androgens, and estrogens, as well as neurosteroids. The suppressive effect on Cortisol, the major glucocorticoid, is required in an equilibrium state of thyroid hormones to activate or shuttle thyroid hormones too the tissue. So if one has inadequate amounts of serum cortisol kinda similar too those with Addison's disease, thyroid hormone will not be utilized effectively.

Great read as always, Stewie!
As far as supporting/maximising utilization of thyroid that's available in the system (exogenous or natural) while using AAS, what do you recommend in addition to stress reduction and sleep? (I think you mentioned hCG to support the pregnenolone and glucorticoids? )

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws