over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ruptured both Quad tendons

Damn SIR-LOIN! Sorry to hear that, but you know exactly what I'm going through. It sucks! I've already lost over 10# and my legs are shrinking by the day, but it is temporary and I keep telling myself that. My Ortho surgeon said he is more aggressive and wanted me to start rehab after 3 weeks, so I have been doing that for 2 weeks, with exercises and trying to bend my legs, which hurts like a mother fucker. I'm at about 60 degrees. Hopefully I'm not reinjuring them. The girl doing my rehab said she's only done a couple of these, but seems to be pretty good going by my research online.

You guys are great and thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Yes it sucks, but at least you have some here that have gone through it. When it happened to me I posted on here, and thebrick really helped me sharing his experience, he really encouraged me a lot; in fact I still need to meet up with him and buy him that beer I told him I owed him.
The PT I first had was an out of shape guy, had book smarts but not in physical shape at all, so he didn't really understand our mindset, about 3 weeks into it they changed me to a lady in her early 50s that still runs marathons and triathlons, lifts etc, so she was great and pushed me way further than I would have thought possible. She had me doing what I thought was silly shit, like balancing on a bosu ball while bouncing a tennis ball off a board over and over, going up and down a slightly inclined ramp, focusing more on the control of the descent which was my weakness.
As far as range of motion work, she ended each session with slow bending which really did hurt and scared me, thinking I was gonna snap something. One thing she did was massaging and pressure points in the quads that help release lactic acid I think she said ( which also hurt), but as soon as it released the pain wiuld subside and I could bend further. Read up on that in case your PT isn't aware of that, it made a big difference.
As soon as you're able, the recumbent bike as much as you can stand is your friend. I think that helped me get back more of my list size than anything. Even now I'm doing it at least 20 minutes a day, always about 10 minutes before squats or presses, kind of like the pre exhaustion method, seems to lessen the strain on the knees.
Keep us updated on your progress!

Yeah, I remember PT well. I did the same balancing/stability stuff too, SirLoin. Flex, watch those hamstrings too. Mine got very tight from lack of movement. So don't forget the hamstrings and keep them flexible. I had some lower back pain until I got those hams loosened up. We started each session with deep heat using ultrasound over the knee area. Our goal in PT was to gain another 10º a week in flexibility along with strength. When i could get to a full 90º, my braces came off. I remember that day and how "light" I felt. It was almost like learning to walk again.

Last edited:
Watch the Brandon Lilly video if you want to see the injury happen, pretty freaky. He is back to squatting just over 7 now ...just a few months post surgery.

Yeah guys, she seems to be pushing me and doing the same things you guys are saying trying to get me to 90 degrees and making sure I do my hams. How the hell you guys taking showers with these braces on? I'm afraid to stand in there with them off. LOL. I bought a plastic sleeve thing to put one leg in and saran wrap the other one with the braces they gave me in the er.

Last edited:
Yeah guys, she seems to be pushing me and doing the same things you guys are saying trying to get me to 90 degrees and making sure I do my hams. How the hell you guys taking showers with these braces on? I'm afraid to stand in there with them off. LOL. I bought a plastic sleeve thing to put one leg in and saran wrap the other one with the braces they gave me in the er.

I sat down and took them off in the shower while seated. Wife helped me.

I tore my right quad back in December. It was still hanging by a thread so doctor initially thought it was acl until MRI showed otherwise. It was a month between the injury and surgery which seems to of caused me a slower recovery than most. I started back training after rehab but realized my right leg was getting worse due to my left leg overcompensating so I've started doing all unilateral movements like hammer strength ext and leg press which has helped a lot. I told my physical therapist I didn't care about any pain as long as it would get me back to normal. The stretching was brutal, several times I thought she re tore it when scare tissue you would break. You could hear it pop across the room.

Had mine a month ago pain in the ass wheel chair and cruthes. Recovery slow my therapist has me on good program.

Last edited:
flexit, I had two full length leg casts for about 7 weeks post op, and that was a major pain in the ass come bath time, I'd sit in the edge of the tub and lean back and use the detachable shower head and do best I could. It was the first bilateral quad rupture my doc had seen in their fairly large practice, so he was extra cautious. I remember getting a new cast every week or so because my quads shrank so bad they'd keep slipping off. In retrospect, doc said he'd have gone straight to the braces if he had it to do over again.
I'm keeping the braces so one day I can put em on and ride the fat buggy around Walmart and ask people to get shit for me off the top shelf, block aisles, run into stuff etc:p

Wishing you a safe, and successful recovery my friend. Def take your time. There is nothing more important and priceless then health. Good luck. 😉👍

I'm keeping the braces so one day I can put em on and ride the fat buggy around Walmart and ask people to get shit for me off the top shelf, block aisles, run into stuff etc:p

LMAO.

I donated mine to a low-income medical clinic. I didn't ever want to see those fuckers again. Those things are expensive too.

That's hysterical Sir-loin!! Yeah bro, I'm glad this Dr got me going after 3 weeks. I couldn't imagine 2 casts bro. I would go out of my mind. I told him before surgery, please DO NOT cast me and he said he won't, he puts immobilizers on. I was like, cool. Oh and yeah, I have to keep cutting the straps on the mobilizers to make them tighter cuz my quads keep shrinking. I'm gonna look like Mr Salty by the time I'm recovered. Lol

Last edited:
Hey bro, sounds like you're doing good. Do your therapy, remember I was telling you about Eddie coan blowing that knee out?, year or so later he was squatting over 600. Granted, he's eddie coan and you're not. But the thing is he's always done his therapy and pushed it hard. Curious, you and I were talking about Winny a few weeks before that at the gym, were you using Winny ?, bad record for tears and joint issues. Hope I see you soon, Jeff

One thing I was taking up to about 3 weeks prior to my injury was Levaquin, a really strong antibiotic, which I read about while in the recliner in my casts, can cause tendon weakening and breakage. In fact, there's a class action lawsuit against Johnson and Johnson for that specific thing. I submitted my records to a law firm that was handling the cases, but it was determined I contributed too much by having 400 lbs on my back. However, my doc did say that injury was odd for me even with 400 lbs squatting, since it wasn't a really heavy weight for me ( I'd already done 3 sets of 8, it happened on the 4th set 4th rep.)I had also had a couple shots of cortisone each in them within the last year, which I understand can possibly contribute.

Yeah, cipro/lev can do it. I've had around 500 strains from that junk.

To help healing,

ALpha lipoic acid
Bromealin
Glucosamin/chondrotin

MGF if you like it

grape seed extract
HLA
MSM/NAC or both.

Fluoroquinoles can eat away the tendon ECM and also STOP tendon cell migration which needs to happen to heal.

For what its worth, I put a whole kit of mgf in my peck last year when I had a tear. Wasn't a total detachment, but black an blue to the wrist and the waist. I do think it sped up the healing process. However I have nothing to compare it to, that being the first time that's happened to me. Of course, the quad tear is whole different story.

So how does someone go about preventing something like this from happening again or ever happening in the first place? Stretching? More warmups? or is it just a random thing that's gonna happen regardless or what you do. Kinda scary thinking it could just happen with no warning whatsoever. Best of luck to you and your recovery man!

I had not used any antibiotics... I WAS using test and tren for an extended period before that happened at the time. When I got to the hospital, my surgeon asked me if I was using AAS (I guess my size) I denied of course. I don't think he believed me. He said there was information that AAS use weakened tendons over time.

I got a staph infection in my left knee after my quad tendon reattachment surgery. Guess what they started with to try to get rid of it? Yep, Cipro. Kind of an oxymoron I think. I asked the doc about that choice and he had some answer like, "it's the only choice".

I ended up with a pic line directly to my heart 24 hours a day for six weeks to shake the staph....

Hey Jeff- what's up brother? No bro, I had stopped the Winny after 3 shots about 2 mos before this happened. I was doing 500mg Sust and 200 mg NPP, so nothing crazy. My right knee is bad to begin with and I was probably favoring it, which is maybe why the left one snapped first. Who knows. I think my age at 46 and the heavier weight just took a toll.

Yes Sirloin, Levaquin is harsh shit on your tendons for sure.Took it before and it dried them right out.

I'm taking low dose Test DEca and Dbol to help with the healing along with Myo Tone, CLA, Glucosamine, Taurine and MSM also. Was at Ortho yesterday and he said I was ahead of the game so hopefully I continue to progress. I know I have a long way to go, but I'll be back!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws