over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ryan Kennelly still King of the Bench

So that means the Bench Shirt adds 300pnds to his lift, wow.

What is the World Raw Record for Squat? Do the Squat Suits add 300pnds aswell or less?

I think this is why the Deadlift World Record impressed me more, no assistance.

I can understand if the gear was mainly for injury protection for shoulders/pecs etc but adding 300pnds is kinda mental. I like the IPF better where they can only wear single ply, no open backs, no velcrow etc.

The key is learning how to use the squat suit and bench shirt. Yes nowadays they both add a tremendous amount of weight to a lifters raw lifts. An example of this is when I was last competing back in 2003. We were training at Mike Miller's gym, Nazareth barbell. I watched one of his guys barely bench 365 raw. Then he threw on his shirt and proceeded to bench 550. At the time I was getting about 100 lbs out of my bench shirt and about 200 lbs out of my squat suit. The shirts and squat suits are adding even more today. But if the federation allows it then everyone is on an even playing field.

Last edited:
The key is learning how to use the squat suit and bench shirt. Yes nowadays they both add a tremendous amount of weight to a lifters raw lifts. An example of this is when I was last competing back in 2003. We were training at Mike Miller's gym, Nazareth barbell. I watched one of his guys barely bench 365 raw. Then he threw on his shirt and proceeded to bench 550. At the time I was getting about 100 lbs out of my bench shirt and about 200 lbs out of my squat suit. The shirts and squat suits are adding even more today. But if the federation allows it then everyone is on an even playing field.

thats why im glad that most organizations are adding raw divisions now. i believe that the future of powerlifting will be almost all raw, even though it might take awhile.

thats why im glad that most organizations are adding raw divisions now. i believe that the future of powerlifting will be almost all raw, even though it might take awhile.

Yeah bro I would love to see more raw lifting. I have been out of the sport since early 2004, and I just can't believe what guys are getting out of their gear now. I was lifting in the APF and IPA at the time and even back then I thought some of the gear was assisting too much. Hell maybe I will step back on the platform, but raw this time or only in single ply gear. :D

ha ha ha!!!

7 magical weeks so far. He plans on coming down to the 308's and beating Mendy's raw bench record!

Scot has wanted to go head to head anytime any day w/ ur boy we are benching every sat and tues night, and will be at the Scot Mendleson classic this saterday and sunday how much you want to bet me Ryan dont show up????
ps im not disrespecting Ryan but Scot is my boy and has held many world records and hes the most hard working dudes on the planet, i am a trainer at Scots gym FIT in Van Nuys, CA so trust me im not bullshiting. not only that but at the AFP holiday festival of strenghth on Dec 12 he broke yet another world record,,he came in at 275lbs and hit 1031lbs now what!!!!!! check it out in Powerlifting USA magazine.

I do believe that Ryan still holds the all time records for the 308 and the 341lb weight class. Come Feb. 27th he will have the 275 lb record too. He just missed 1035 on New Years Eve, at the UPA Bench for Cash but the load shifted to the right. Also, Ryan has never jumped up and yelled at the judges and got three reds reversed. Enjoy the record for a little while longer. Then poof, it will be the bench monster, Ryan's. :cool:

:eek:

WOW...

IN real life...the guy is massive and muscular.

He is not a fat powerlifting looking guy. The guy has a TON of muscle.

Like Steak says....check him out in person. Impressive.

and the age old bullshit controversy continues
narrow the 2000 feds down to one, with one set of fucking rules, a limit and inspection of ALL gear, UNBIASED judging, no crybaby bullshit, and let the big boys fucking run. until then eveyone needs to shut the fuck up about whos the bench king.
ive seen several so called WR benches not locked out, and get passed and poof we have a new bench king, with a fuck-ton of controversy surrounding it.
the wpo tried this, and failed miserably.
now both ryan and scott are seriously strong boys, im not discrediting them or trying to start an internet tampon match. so dont try n start shit.

frk

So that means the Bench Shirt adds 300pnds to his lift, wow.

What is the World Raw Record for Squat? Do the Squat Suits add 300pnds aswell or less?

I think this is why the Deadlift World Record impressed me more, no assistance.

HAHA!!! If you know what you're doing you can get 100+lbs out of a deadlift suit. I'm a low 700's raw conventional puller and barely 650 raw sumo yet if I pull sumo in a suit I'm in the high 700's.

I can understand if the gear was mainly for injury protection for shoulders/pecs etc but adding 300pnds is kinda mental. I like the IPF better where they can only wear single ply, no open backs, no velcrow etc.

Again, LOL. I benched 500+ in a single ply IPF legal shirt before I benched 315 raw. Gear is gear any way you slice it. The single ply stuff they wear in the IPF is no joke.

They don't "add weight to a lifters raw lifts" in a peprfectly linear manner. A raw bench and a shirted bench are very different, in my opinion at least. If you train you're shirted bench a ton, like I did, you will get a stronger shirted bench and the same for your raw bench. You can't just put a shirt on and bench 600+lbs unless you learn the shirt and develop the tricep strength needed.

Also, I haven't put a shirt on in about a year and while my raw strength has increased but my shirted bench has definitely decreased as I found out last week. Hit about 50lbs less than my PR. That was depressing. LOL

Scot has wanted to go head to head anytime any day w/ ur boy we are benching every sat and tues night, and will be at the Scot Mendleson classic this saterday and sunday how much you want to bet me Ryan dont show up????
ps im not disrespecting Ryan but Scot is my boy and has held many world records and hes the most hard working dudes on the planet, i am a trainer at Scots gym FIT in Van Nuys, CA so trust me im not bullshiting. not only that but at the AFP holiday festival of strenghth on Dec 12 he broke yet another world record,,he came in at 275lbs and hit 1031lbs now what!!!!!! check it out in Powerlifting USA magazine.

Scott is as strong as an ox but has a history of getting questionable lifts passed. Also, word on the street is at his last meet where he competed at 275 his record setting lift was initially red lighted but he started yelling/bullying the judges and they gave it to him.

and the age old bullshit controversy continues
narrow the 2000 feds down to one, with one set of fucking rules, a limit and inspection of ALL gear, UNBIASED judging, no crybaby bullshit, and let the big boys fucking run. until then eveyone needs to shut the fuck up about whos the bench king.
ive seen several so called WR benches not locked out, and get passed and poof we have a new bench king, with a fuck-ton of controversy surrounding it.
the wpo tried this, and failed miserably.
now both ryan and scott are seriously strong boys, im not discrediting them or trying to start an internet tampon match. so dont try n start shit.

frk

The controversy will never go away. My gym owner has been around the sport for 20 something years and according to him people bitched just as much about the record lifts back in the day. The difference is we have the internet and shit talking spreads like wildfire.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear