over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Safety Squat Bar for Quads

Oblix

Registered
Does anybody here use the "Safety Squat Bar" for quads?

Ive started using it after my normal Squats, due to Bicep Tendonitis. I found it really good for high rep moderate weight squats.

You can lift the handles up bringing the weight forward more like a front squat or spot yourself by letting goe of the handles and holding onto the squat rack.

Has anyobdy built big quads just using the "Safety Squat Bar"?

isn't the point of it that it tries to force you down and thus works the posterior chain? It def works your quads but I would think less than front squats and regular highbar and lowbar back squats. I am curious what other people say?

I love the safety bar. I also have bicep and shoulder issues, which makes holding a regular bar incredibly uncomfortable for me, especially when the pounds go up. The safety bar is pain free. In fact I don't even have to hold it at all. It will stay in place on it's own. PM member cm and branch Warren showed me a technique. Merely holding onto the rack or a bar in front of you. This leaves the shoulders and bis in an impingement free position. In terms of quad versus posterior chain. That's more about stance and execution than the bar itself. You can spin the bar on backwards for front squats though.
Bottom line, it's an awesome piece of equipment

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Same here on the shoulder issues. Saftey bar is gonna be worked in quite a bit. Trying to stay out of the injuries. It takes a a little time to get a groove going with the hatfield um I mean safety bar but is worth it..Worst choice for me for lower body work is a smith. unnatural joint injuring movement for me.
Thanks, T..

I use it for powerlifting. I find it helps more with my hips and posterior than anything else.

I used to lift at a great hardcore powerlifting gym in Maryland called Exile. I ended up moving for work and liked the safety squat bar so much I bought it off the gym. Its that good. I helped my normal squat go up, and I have horrible rotator cuff pain from benching, so it made it easier on the shoulder. It has really helped bring my quad size up since using it.

Yeah seems everyone loves the Safety Bar, except my training partner. On squat day we occupy the adjacent power racks together since he refuses to use the bar. He tried it a grand total of one time and didn't like it. I kept training to tell him years of bodybuilding routines worked his quads but he has no glutes, hams or hips. Give it 3 workouts and you'll be in heaven. Nope, the sucka bailed and now he's still quad squatting 400 while I'm doing 700 next to him in the next rack. Some people:rolleyes:
But seriously yeah everyone else who's ever used it, especially those of us who have competed in PL and might have some shoulder joint or elbow joint issues are huge fans of the safety bar.

i used it at a gym i trained at years ago and really miss it.

SSB ( Safety Squat Bar )

i used it at a gym i trained at years ago and really miss it.

Ive had to travel to another gym to use their SSB untill my Bicep tenonitis goes away.

I might buy a SSB and keep it at my usual gym, not that expensive and I love it for higher rep squats, easy on the lower back and when training by your self you can spot yourself for last few reps.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws