over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Salmon

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am trying to add a little more fish to my diet. I have never cooked salmon at home before. Always ate it at restaurants.

I bought some filets, and the skin is still present on one side. Kinda looks gross to me. Am I supposed to peel the skin off, or can i simply cook it and eat it.

Not gonna lie, kinda grossed out by it but i can suck it up and eat it, dont wanna waste it. just need tips on how to cook it.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 94
I always buy my salmon fresh with the skin removed, but I'm pretty sure if you bake it with the skin side down when it's done cooking the skin will just fall off the filet. Or you can always get yourself a sharp knife and remove it before you cook it.

i eat salmon all the time, use tin foil, flatten it out as much as possible on the foil on a cookie sheet or whatever. Once its done the skin will literally stick to the foil and the salmon will come right off if cooked right. If a bunch sticks to the skin just scrape the leftover salmon off with the side of a fork.

BTW i dont eat the skin, but i do give it to my dogs.

cool. thawed bake at 350 degree fro 20 minutes ?

sounds right, and usually just season with salt and pepper.

Disgusting. Never again, back to my boring old chicken. Every time I ate it I felt like I was in vietnam eating some cuisine with snake in it.

Disgusting. Never again, back to my boring old chicken. Every time I ate it I felt like I was in vietnam eating some cuisine with snake in it.

Most people either love it or hate it. Looks like you fall into that second group. I personally can't get enough.

Cook it skinside most of the time.

30 secs non skin side.

One of the perfect protein sources IMO, plenty of EFAs. Great for guys looking for higher calories...I hate chicken just for that sheer reason.

I was eating 2+ lbs a day at one time, and realized very little changes on hematocrit on cycle; I think it was Stewie who pointed out that large amounts of omega 3s are known to affect blood viscosity. Which was a bonus.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I love me some fresh salmon and grill with some lemon and salt! ... my treat after days of chicken LOL

i was never a big fish fan until my girl turned me onto it, now i can't get enough of it. She's an awesome cook too though, as when I try, it just doesn't taste the same. lol

hell I always eat the skin, I like to buy the wild Alaskan caught, got Atlantic one time and it was no good.

Skin peels off easy after being cooked. I love salmon, lemon pepper, salt, cholula, doesn’t matter I eat it any way, gotta be wild caught though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If prepared correctly you can crisp up the skin and it's delicious. Best way to go about it get your skillet really hot and throw it skin side down.
If you're using coconut oil put a good dallop in the pan and baste it. The flesh side should start to look like ist getting a little cooked then flip it for just a min and it should be pretty close to medium. The biggest mistake people can make when cooking salmon is over cook the salmon and under cook the skin.

Cast iron pan get it really hot throw little bit olive oil to avoid the sticking put salmon uspide down like for 2 mins turn back around thrownin oven for 10 mins like at 500degrees n ready to grub !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner