advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Same calories, change in macros = change in physique?

I think if you take the approach you spoke of, increase protein, lower carbs, no sugar, no processed etc, its not if, if when you will start seeing improvements.

I have never met a successful competitor who diets calories vs calories way, (IFYM). For what its worth. Ive never coached anyone to success with it, nor would I. I would never think lousy food would be good for your health physique, or long term habits. That is just silly thinking that oreos are good for a bodybuilder, sure they are awesome, but helpful for goals, cmon'.....the average soccer mom knows that is unhealthy food, how could it get someone leaner.
understanding the debate, cheat meals, refeeds, what have you: unhealthy food, unhealthy person. period.
SO in terms of changing the macros to change the physique, yes of course. I believe when we eat food our body understands better, we are going to be more efficient.
this eat chipotle on contest prep, fasting and saving junk nutella calories, weight watcher, point system approach, that has taken over socials, esp bikini girls in college-- never seems to be relevant when you show up to a competition a couple days before, and everyone has their coolers with fish and greens. ITS Funny how I never see anyone with a subway bag.
Most top level coaches give you macros to hit daily. Hit those macros and you will be peeled, end of story
If you cheat and don't meet those macros you will not be fully conditioned

Not a lot of coaches write out meals for you anymore. I know John Meadows does and he is one of the rare ones. Most bodybuilders know the types of food that he or she should eat, but at the end of the night you still have 60 grams of carbs to get in it doesn't matter if it brown rice or honey nut cherrios. TOO MANY STUDIES TO COUNT HAVE PROVEN THIS! Layne Norton destroys everyone with actual science on this exact subject, although he can be sort of an asshole sometimes, he destroys EVERYONE he debates with actual scientific studies performed in metabolic wards where conditions are tightly controlled and monitored. When protein is equated high carb and low carb lose almost the same amount of weight and bodyfat. When protein is equated low sugar and high sugar diets lose almost the exact same amount of weight and fat
@Stewie

i remember years ago i was eating like this(everything measured to the gram)
200pro
250carbs
80fats

2440kcal

then changed to
200pro
200carbs
100fats

2500kcal

and got leaner.

Most top level coaches give you macros to hit daily. Hit those macros and you will be peeled, end of story
If you cheat and don't meet those macros you will not be fully conditioned

Not a lot of coaches write out meals for you anymore. I know John Meadows does and he is one of the rare ones. Most bodybuilders know the types of food that he or she should eat, but at the end of the night you still have 60 grams of carbs to get in it doesn't matter if it brown rice or honey nut cherrios. TOO MANY STUDIES TO COUNT HAVE PROVEN THIS! Layne Norton destroys everyone with actual science on this exact subject, although he can be sort of an asshole sometimes, he destroys EVERYONE he debates with actual scientific studies performed in metabolic wards where conditions are tightly controlled and monitored. When protein is equated high carb and low carb lose almost the same amount of weight and bodyfat. When protein is equated low sugar and high sugar diets lose almost the exact same amount of weight and fat
@Stewie

God damn i LOVE Bboy !!

Preach brother !

I’ve tried this as well. Interesting but when I lower my protein and switch to more carbs with the same calories. I’ll lose weight and start looking softer over time. Probably due to less protein in my stomach, but I definitely notice the best look with higher protein / low carb. Carb cycling definitely works best , ime !

I’ve tried this as well. Interesting but when I lower my protein and switch to more carbs with the same calories. I’ll lose weight and start looking softer over time. Probably due to less protein in my stomach, but I definitely notice the best look with higher protein / low carb. Carb cycling definitely works best , ime !

Is that you in your avatar? Looking shredded!

I’ve done keto, low fat/high carb/ moderate protein, iifym, carb cycling, etc. they all worked and they all worked the same as long as I was in a deficit. However when the carbs got lower I felt like shit, my body composition got worse, and my performance in the gym (strength and intensity) would plummet.
The main reason people think they lose fat faster with lower carbs is because they look flatter from holding less water.
Now I just keep protein at about 1.5-2grams per lb, hit my calories, and eat food that I can digest well that doesnt make make me feel like crap after I eat it. I do end up eating low fat simply because of food choices as fats sit heavy on my stomach and make me feel sluggish. Plus I really, really like carbs.

I’ve done keto, low fat/high carb/ moderate protein, iifym, carb cycling, etc. they all worked and they all worked the same as long as I was in a deficit. However when the carbs got lower I felt like shit, my body composition got worse, and my performance in the gym (strength and intensity) would plummet.
The main reason people think they lose fat faster with lower carbs is because they look flatter from holding less water.
Now I just keep protein at about 1.5-2grams per lb, hit my calories, and eat food that I can digest well that doesnt make make me feel like crap after I eat it. I do end up eating low fat simply because of food choices as fats sit heavy on my stomach and make me feel sluggish. Plus I really, really like carbs.
This 💯💯💯💯

Research has shown that processed food has a lower thermic effect (TEF), which refers to the number of calories we burn in the process of digesting and absorbing our food. So two foods can have the same amount of calories, but have very different TEF, so you burn less eating the crap food. Whole clean food>processed.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member