over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sammy Sosa's Arm Secrets Revealed!

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Did Sosa Alter Jerseys To Make Arms Look Bigger?
Published: Tuesday, 23 Jun 2009 | 10:56 AM ET Text Size By: Darren Rovell
Sports Business Reporter

Former baseball slugger Sammy Sosa didn’t just get bigger over the years, he also might have wanted to show his fans how big he was getting.

It turns out Sosa had his jerseys tapered around his arms for a period of years. A study of photo archives suggests Sosa’s jerseys were tailored with elastic inside the arms from 2002-2004, while he was playing with the Chicago Cubs.

Sosa’s custom ordering came to light thanks to pictures of an authentic Sosa jersey that is currently being auctioned off by Hunt Auctions. The jersey, advertised as being used by Sosa for the game he hit home run No. 470, was from the 2002 season.

CNBC confirmed through a source that Sosa did indeed ask for the elastic arm tapering for at least the 2002 season. The source said that he could not remember another player that asked for this specification.

“I don’t know why it would be tapered like that other than it being a purely cosmetic change so that people could see his muscles,” said David Hunt, president of Hunt Auctions. “There doesn’t seem to be any other reason why he’d do it.”

Source: Hunt Auctions
Sammy Sosa Cubs Jersey Back
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sammy Sosa Cubs Jersey Front
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunt said he has seen elastic on the sleeves of jerseys for running backs and wide receivers, but that is done so that people can’t grab the sleeves to tackle them.

Hunt did say slugger Jimmy Foxx, who was nicknamed “The Beast,” was known to cut off his sleeves presumably so that the opposing pitcher would be intimidated by his arms.

Sosa’s agent Adam Katz could not be immediately reached for comment.

Current bidding on the jersey is $450. The estimated price the jersey will go for by the time it closes on July 14 is $1,000. Hunt says that’s typical for players associated with performance-enhancing drugs. The New York Times reported last week that Sosa tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003.

oh no. the media's gonna have a field day as all the "experts" on steroids comment on this.

Yea, they will ban tapering of jerseys because that is what caused him to hit so many homeruns!

It will be the start of a new trend of "compression jerseys" for hittting. Illegal in sanctioned home run contests but legal during the regular season. Records set using the special jerseys will not be recognized.

Sammy Sosa, an egomaniac? No way!!! :rolleyes:

yeah

yeah....and i get shit for stuffing a sock in my shorts. what's this world coming to anyway......

This is not new news at all.Why didn't he just lay low while using? he also had some good wheels and wore pants about two sizes tighter if you don't remember back then.just like Mcgwire putting the Andro6 bottle in his locker to cover gear use,which ended up back firing.It all brought unneeded attention.

But no one can ask him now,because all of the sudden he speaky no englishy!lol.Convenient huh?

Did Sosa Alter Jerseys To Make Arms Look Bigger?
Published: Tuesday, 23 Jun 2009 | 10:56 AM ET Text Size By: Darren Rovell
Sports Business Reporter

Former baseball slugger Sammy Sosa didn’t just get bigger over the years, he also might have wanted to show his fans how big he was getting.

It turns out Sosa had his jerseys tapered around his arms for a period of years. A study of photo archives suggests Sosa’s jerseys were tailored with elastic inside the arms from 2002-2004, while he was playing with the Chicago Cubs.

Sosa’s custom ordering came to light thanks to pictures of an authentic Sosa jersey that is currently being auctioned off by Hunt Auctions. The jersey, advertised as being used by Sosa for the game he hit home run No. 470, was from the 2002 season.

CNBC confirmed through a source that Sosa did indeed ask for the elastic arm tapering for at least the 2002 season. The source said that he could not remember another player that asked for this specification.

“I don’t know why it would be tapered like that other than it being a purely cosmetic change so that people could see his muscles,” said David Hunt, president of Hunt Auctions. “There doesn’t seem to be any other reason why he’d do it.”

Sammy Sosa Cubs Jersey Back

Sammy Sosa Cubs Jersey Front

Hunt said he has seen elastic on the sleeves of jerseys for running backs and wide receivers, but that is done so that people can’t grab the sleeves to tackle them.

Hunt did say slugger Jimmy Foxx, who was nicknamed “The Beast,” was known to cut off his sleeves presumably so that the opposing pitcher would be intimidated by his arms.

Sosa’s agent Adam Katz could not be immediately reached for comment.

Current bidding on the jersey is $450. The estimated price the jersey will go for by the time it closes on July 14 is $1,000. Hunt says that’s typical for players associated with performance-enhancing drugs. The New York Times reported last week that Sosa tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003.

Theres actually alot of people who tailor their clothing to give certain body parts a more enhanced appearance. Hollywood,,,athletes,,models..they have been doing it for years.

Theres actually alot of people who tailor their clothing to give certain body parts a more enhanced appearance. Hollywood,,,athletes,,models..they have been doing it for years.

I want all my jeans to have a tailored zip up fly... I here its the new in thing to do:D

Alin is right on. I get my clothes tailored. If you don't its like driving a Ferrari around with a paint job from a spray can. Too few people, especially younger guys, neglect the effect great tailoring can have on appearance.

Custom shirts are even better than tailored for shirts. I see too many of my friends dressed up with the shirt collar two inches from closing, sleeves too short, shirt tail too short and coming out, or too long and looking like a tent.

Another tip: Wurkin Collar Stiffs. These are metal collar stays with super strong magnets that keep you collars from laying down like your a 1970's disco star, without resorting to button down collars. If you have traps and a thick neck, you know what I'm talking about.

yeah....and i get shit for stuffing a sock in my shorts. what's this world coming to anyway......

LMFAO! good one! :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828