over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

San Diego

jlm25

Registered
hey, my wife and I are in desperate need for a quick romantic weekend. We are wanting to go to San Diego, check out the Zoo, and that is as much as we have planned. Does anyone have suggestions on hotels/activities to do? My budget for a room is about 300.00-400.00 a night. My wife is big on privacy, so if there was a patio or something it would need to be secluded. I appreciate the input!

edit-we will be there friday-monday

I wouldn't go to San Diego it's more of a place where people live rather than vacation. But if it's already set in stone then I'm sure you guys will have a great time. I have an uncle out there and just came back from visiting with my parents and sister so our trips will probably differ but I'll tell you what we did.

We went to the botanical gardens, it was nice but not a must do by any means. We went to the harbor and saw the USS Midway, that was definitely cool and there is also a beach right there with sea lions and lots of little shops. Me and my little sister also checked out pacific beach which was definitely more of a hippie/hipster spot but it was cool being on the beach nonetheless. I saw a padres game, I always wanted to go to petco heard it was a really nice park and it didn't disappoint, also the padres suck so you can probably snag some good seats really cheap on stubhub if you buy the day of the game closest to gametime as possible. My uncle took us to this BBQ place called phils he wouldn't stop raving about, it was pretty good. We also went to the swap meet just to check it out, that was interesting. We also went to the cove, I can't specifically remember the name but it was cool.

Like I said it was a family trip so I'm sure our trips will differ. Hope you guys have fun!

I know it's a ways to San Diego but we stayed at the Ritz Carlton at Laguna Beach ( Dana Point ) and loved it were planning on going back and trying out the St Regis Monarch Beach Resort just to see how they compare. We looked at San Diego but I like the environment at Laguna and we plan on just driving to San Diego to go to the zoo if we want but we probably won't.

Last edited:
lol....please don't take her to the zoo.

i don't care if she told you she wanted to go.

trust me....SHE DONT.

:cool:

San Diego is beautiful
Take her out to La Jolla at around dawn, it will be very romantic! La Jolla is BEAUTIFUL. There's a restaurant in La Jolla called The Cottage, check it out.
Also check out Del Mar, another beautiful place. The pacific beach is the most popular beach. If you are renting a car, stay close to downtown but not in downtown since parking will be a bitch and you don't want to pay 40 bucks a night. A good hotel for that is Manchester Grand Hyatt hotel, lots of street parking around. 10 mins walk from Gas Lamp. If you are staying right in downtown, then use UberX. nightlife is great around downtown GasLamp area. There's a nightclub called Omnia, it's very nice.

I wouldn't go to San Diego it's more of a place where people live rather than vacation. But if it's already set in stone then I'm sure you guys will have a great time. I have an uncle out there and just came back from visiting with my parents and sister so our trips will probably differ but I'll tell you what we did.

We went to the botanical gardens, it was nice but not a must do by any means. We went to the harbor and saw the USS Midway, that was definitely cool and there is also a beach right there with sea lions and lots of little shops. Me and my little sister also checked out pacific beach which was definitely more of a hippie/hipster spot but it was cool being on the beach nonetheless. I saw a padres game, I always wanted to go to petco heard it was a really nice park and it didn't disappoint, also the padres suck so you can probably snag some good seats really cheap on stubhub if you buy the day of the game closest to gametime as possible. My uncle took us to this BBQ place called phils he wouldn't stop raving about, it was pretty good. We also went to the swap meet just to check it out, that was interesting. We also went to the cove, I can't specifically remember the name but it was cool.

Like I said it was a family trip so I'm sure our trips will differ. Hope you guys have fun!

I appreciate the input! SD isn't set in stone. I just thought it would make for a nice little get away. I've been taking care of my mom who just passed for better part of 18 years. Last 7 were rough on the marriage. She's never been to San Diego, and we only have Friday, saturday, sunday, and return on monday. Not sure where else to go.

I know it's a ways to San Diego but we stayed at the Ritz Carlton at Laguna Beach ( Dana Point ) and loved it were planning on going back and trying out the St Regis Monarch Beach Resort just to see how they compare. We looked at San Diego but I like the environment at Laguna and we plan on just driving to San Diego to go to the zoo if we want but we probably won't.

I'll check it out! My wife is open to pretty much open to anything, but really wants to hit the Zoo.

lol....please don't take her to the zoo.

i don't care if she told you she wanted to go.

trust me....SHE DONT.

lol, I married my wife because of her enduring qualities (among other things). She loves Zoo's and I know San Diego's doesn't disappoint.

San Diego is beautiful
Take her out to La Jolla at around dawn, it will be very romantic! La Jolla is BEAUTIFUL. There's a restaurant in La Jolla called The Cottage, check it out.
Also check out Del Mar, another beautiful place. The pacific beach is the most popular beach. If you are renting a car, stay close to downtown but not in downtown since parking will be a bitch and you don't want to pay 40 bucks a night. A good hotel for that is Manchester Grand Hyatt hotel, lots of street parking around. 10 mins walk from Gas Lamp. If you are staying right in downtown, then use UberX. nightlife is great around downtown GasLamp area. There's a nightclub called Omnia, it's very nice.

We were thinking of maybe staying downtown and being close to stuff..but not sure if thats very romantic or not lol. I'm always down to check out a nightclub. thanks for the suggestions!

just because she LOVES zoos, doesn't mean
she wants to go to the ZOO for a "romantic weekend"....

and this i will guarantee....suit yourself man.

Pacific Terrace hotel is beautiful and its on the boardwalk on the beach. The rooms are very comfy, and great customer service.

Where are you guys from jlm??

just because she LOVES zoos, doesn't mean
she wants to go to the ZOO for a "romantic weekend"....

and this i will guarantee....suit yourself man.

Since you won't leave it alone..my wife is in the veterinary field. She absolutely loves animals, especially exotic ones. So when I know, for a fact, that she has been wanting to go to the zoo there, then I am going to take her there. Every women has their own idea for what is romantic. For some reason you seem to think you know _MY_ wife better then I do. I didn't ask for your marriage advice, I was inquiring about San Diego. If you don't have any actual input, go else where please.

Pacific Terrace hotel is beautiful and its on the boardwalk on the beach. The rooms are very comfy, and great customer service.

Thank you, I will check it out!

Where are you guys from jlm??

Pacific Northwest bro!

hey, my wife and I are in desperate need for a quick romantic weekend. We are wanting to go to San Diego, check out the Zoo, and that is as much as we have planned. Does anyone have suggestions on hotels/activities to do? My budget for a room is about 300.00-400.00 a night. My wife is big on privacy, so if there was a patio or something it would need to be secluded. I appreciate the input!

edit-we will be there friday-monday

The Torrey Pines Hilton is the nicest hotel with incredible private balconies and a view of the golf course and ocean. Here is a picture:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 205
dont forget to visit las cuatro milpas in barrio logan and tacos el gordo in CV

TONS of craftbreweries in san diego if you're into that.

fluxx is a fun upscale night club as well

I work at one of the bigger bars downtown San Diego, let me know if you decide to come out I'll gladly give ya the VIP treatment!

Zoo, sea world, visit the beaches for sure as well

I work at one of the bigger bars downtown San Diego, let me know if you decide to come out I'll gladly give ya the VIP treatment!

We just booked a room at King Solomar. Is that close to your bar? My wife and I normally don't go out to clubs or drink....but I think we will let loose on this trip and come party :)

We just booked a room at King Solomar. Is that close to your bar? My wife and I normally don't go out to clubs or drink....but I think we will let loose on this trip and come party :)

Yes, one street up from my bar. Shoot me a pm and I'll give ya the details. It's a nightclub/bar tons of fun

lmao....THATS EVEN WORSE!!!!

now your wanna take her somewhere
that reminds her of work...!!!
for a romantic weekend...???

wow

good luck bro!!!!!

:)

Balboa park is really nice, they have an open air theatre where a live orchestra play some evenings which is really cool.
Laguna mountains is a beautiful place to go hiking, Sunset cliffs by Ocean beach though is a place you should definitely go see with your wife one early evening. Awesome to see the ocean and you can stand right by the cliffs watching the surfers, great places to eat there too.

Im from London but my girlfriend is from San Diego and its hands down the most relaxed and chilled place I've been to.

Have you trained at Urban Body gym in University Avenue bud? owner was close with close friends with Nasser and had some interesting stories!

lmao....THATS EVEN WORSE!!!!

now your wanna take her somewhere
that reminds her of work...!!!
for a romantic weekend...???

wow

good luck bro!!!!!

:)
Tenny, the self-proclaimed expert on shit he has no clue about, woohoo! :banghead:

Balboa park is really nice, they have an open air theatre where a live orchestra play some evenings which is really cool.
Laguna mountains is a beautiful place to go hiking, Sunset cliffs by Ocean beach though is a place you should definitely go see with your wife one early evening. Awesome to see the ocean and you can stand right by the cliffs watching the surfers, great places to eat there too.

Im from London but my girlfriend is from San Diego and its hands down the most relaxed and chilled place I've been to.

thanks for the input bro!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner