over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sashimi Salmon

Macdaddy

FOUNDING Member
Registered
I have found my new favorite protein source. Raw salmon. I went to a shushi bar last night and tried the sashimi platter. The salmon was fantastic. Now its not for everyone, but if you can get over the fact that you are eating raw fish, its great. High in protein, and EFA's like Omega 3s.

My question now is...what exaclty is Sashimi salmon? I asked the sushi chef and he said it was a special process where they freeze the salmon to kill all the possible bacteria. Then I asked a friend who is a sushi conoseur and he tells me that you can use fresh salmon from the supermarket as long as it is only a few days old.

I want to make this at home as it is much cheaper to buy from the supermarket, but I need to know if I should be freezing it and thawing it or if I can just eat it fresh as long as its only a few days dead.

Anyone with sashimi experience in tha house?

Bro, Sashimi is only Sushi without the rice. Its different in the way it is prepared to be served. Both are cust from the same fish. The only way I would buy my raw fish is from a specialty store that sells sashimi grade fish (flash Frozen) as soon as it is processed. I would NOT buy salmon from the butcher and eat it raw. Plus sushi grade fish is the best that is why it cost so much plus most sushi grade fish are caught in the opn ocean most salmon you buy from the butcher is caught close to shore or even inland.

I was told sushi is all the different types (including vegitarian types). Sashimi is the process they use on the meat (ie salmon).

Also, I should note that my supermarket has live salmon in tanks. So I know its fresh as they kill it right infront of me. So basically, if I freeze it or eat it raw, I know it was swimming around 10 minutes prior.

Intersesting info.
I am absolutely addicted to kyotos sushi rolls! mmmmmhmmmm!

IBBAdmin said:
I absolutely Love any type of sashimi ,,,,Though its full of sodium !

Yeah when you use the soy sauce.

I wouldnt make sashimi myself at home. I think it has to be at certain temperatures to avoid bacteria, etc.

|--[\\\]>-------- you guys are alone on this one. i tried sushi (sashimi) once and got a baterial stomach infection...i was not pretty. i lost like 15 lbs and could only eat a liquid diet for more than a week..popsicles(sp) sprit and water is not my type of diet! this why i only do crab rolls now.

it is good

i agree, sashimi is delicious. Very light food and has a fresh taste, assuming it is fresh haha. Does anyone know if salmon and sashimi and such have the same kind of mercury levels like tuna does? they say dont eat tuna too much yada yada. the same for sashimi, salmon, etc.?

Sushi was my cheeat food untill 4 weeks out! I love the stuff, but you do have to have it prepared right! But the red tuna and salmon are awesome!

Sushi/Sashimi is addicting. I used to eat it with the rice (sushi) but now I only eat Sashimi at least twice a week. Great protein source, good fats, etc.
I would never prepare it myself, stick with good jap rest.
A little Kimchi on the side (yes, that is Korean) and I'm set. Oh, yea forgot, gotta have the saki too (warm)
octopus, eel, squid, tuna, salmon, yellowtail, flounder, clam, etc. I eat em all!

1) i wouldn't try making it at home, for various reasons

2)yes, sashimi means "without rice"

Fears said:
Sushi/Sashimi is addicting. I used to eat it with the rice (sushi) but now I only eat Sashimi at least twice a week. Great protein source, good fats, etc.
I would never prepare it myself, stick with good jap rest.
A little Kimchi on the side (yes, that is Korean) and I'm set. Oh, yea forgot, gotta have the saki too (warm)
octopus, eel, squid, tuna, salmon, yellowtail, flounder, clam, etc. I eat em all!

i like the uni....

also as far as the guy talking salmon.. once you eat sushi or sash a lot like i do... you can taste the difference between wild caught and farm raised salmon..

my sushi bill for this past 12month period is around 5-6k.... that includes some nice premium cold sake with my meal... i spend so much in there they will actually make people get up from the sushi bar to make room for me and my girl...

when i added up my bills for budgeting purposes and saw i spent this much i realized i had to cut back a bit as that much loot on raw fish is excessive...

G.E.R.M said:
my sushi bill for this past 12month period is around 5-6k.... that includes some nice premium cold sake with my meal... i spend so much in there they will actually make people get up from the sushi bar to make room for me and my girl...

when i added up my bills for budgeting purposes and saw i spent this much i realized i had to cut back a bit as that much loot on raw fish is excessive...

Man you need to find a good all you can eat place. Out here we have them on every corner and $15 for lunch will get you as good of sushi as you can get all the sockeye salmon sashimi you can eat.

mmmm, salmon and tuna are prolly my fav.. my gf got me hooked on the stuff.. not that she was actually hooked i suppose but she never tried it and wanted to check it out. im the type that would have never tried it w/out her influence.. now it seems to be about a 300/month expense...:D

*DROOLING*

I LOVE Salmon -- especially smoked salmon -- I also love fishing for Salmon, steelhead, halibut, and sometimes sturgeon. I just got back into fishing, and there is nothing like coming home with a cooler full of fish, all ready to be packed into your freezer.

Even in the store when I pass the fish aisle, I see that orange/pink fillet and start to get hungery. Sushi is delicious, go to Pike's Market in Seattle and you will never want to leave!!!

Sashimi is so good, but I love many kinds of sushi, esp EEL rolls (omg I will eat those at any time in the day). Nigiri is also really good, favorites being crab steak, squid, and smoked salmon.

Anyone here ever had okonomiyaki? Its not sushi, but its damn good.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws