over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Saunas

Broseph21

Newbies
Do you guys use them?
What are the benefits?

I've never gone to one and I'm not sure how I'd feel sitting around nude in a room full of strangers quiet for an hour.. but I've heard it's great for controlling water weight, acne and makes your skin look great

I love the sauna. I go every couple days when I have time, and you shouldnt be naked. Wear a towel or shorts or some type of cover, just out of respect for others there haha. There are alot of benefits and here are some I grabbed off of a site:

-During a 10-20 minute sauna session, your heart rate increases by 50-75%. This provides the same metabolic result as physical exercise. The increased cardiac load is the equivalent to a brisk walk. There is a nominal effect on blood pressure because the heat also causes blood vessels in skin to expand to accommodate increased blood flow.

-Blood vessels become more flexible and there is increased circulation to the extremities. During a sauna, blood flow to the skin increases to as high as 50-70% of cardiac output (compared to the standard 5-10%). This brings nutrients to subcutaneous and surface tissue resulting in glowing healthy skin.
-Steambaths and saunas induce sweating to provide a comprehensive cleansing of the skin and sweat glands. Skin is the largest organ in the body. 30% of body wastes are passed through the skin. Profuse sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body.
-When taking a sauna, skin temperature rises to 40°C (104°F) and internal body temperature rises to about 38°C (100.4°F). Exposure to the high heat creates an artificial fever state. Fever is part of the body’s natural healing process. Fever stimulates the immune system resulting in increased production of disease fighting white blood cells, antibodies and interferon (an anti viral protein with cancer fighting capability).
-Spas and other such therapeutic facilities utilize saunas and steambaths in conjunction with massage to loosen fatty tissue and assist in the battle against cellulite.
-Many regular steam and sauna users claim that a “good sweat” at the onset helps relieve and ward off the most severe symptoms of cold or flu.

Some of the other benefits associated with saunas and steambaths include:

-Relief from the pain and stiffness of arthritis.
-Steam is an excellent treatment for respiratory problems, such as; chest congestion, bronchitis, laryngitis and sinusitis.
-Revives tired and strained muscles after physical exertion.
-The cleansing effect of profuse perspiration helps provide healthy skin and a clear complexion.

Where I'm from u avoid saunas. Always been a place where the homos hang out, etc.. There have been men kicked out of the local YMCA for homo behavior in the sauna.

Seems like its a good way to catch something. Never was a fan of sharing hot humid places with other dudes. Fungus and ringworm etc. grosses me out.

We got a Far infrared sauna last year...small home model and works great!

We have the older model but this is the model we have.

**broken link removed**

I thought JM or one of those type guys lol, said that saunas are bad after workout because your CNS wants to start recovering and the extreme heat just taxes it more. I think something like once a month is ok but all the time is a big no no. I think as the disccusion went on we figured out it could hurt gains a bit.

not sure if that made sense. I had a long weekend lol.

I thought JM or one of those type guys lol, said that saunas are bad after workout because your CNS wants to start recovering and the extreme heat just taxes it more. I think something like once a month is ok but all the time is a big no no. I think as the disccusion went on we figured out it could hurt gains a bit.

not sure if that made sense. I had a long weekend lol.

no sense at all:D

Selios Pharma

There are some strange dudes that sit in the sauna at my gym so I've decided to stay away...

Do you guys use them?
What are the benefits?

I've never gone to one and I'm not sure how I'd feel sitting around nude in a room full of strangers quiet for an hour.. but I've heard it's great for controlling water weight, acne and makes your skin look great

i avoid everything even the showers until i get home...
i take anti'bac' wipes aswell to wipe stuff down

There are some strange dudes that sit in the sauna at my gym so I've decided to stay away...

Strange women in mine, so I stay away too!! :eek:

If I really want to sit in a sauna I will go to my parents house. They are in their 80's and keep their home around 85 degrees and then ask ME what's wrong when I start sweating profusely!!

I have seen some funny things in my gym's sauna I always laugh when people do full on workouts in there thinking they will burn fat faster in extreme heat :banghead:

I did one once for about 5 minutes thought why the fuck am putting myself through this torture and fucked off home. Not for me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

my gym has a sauna and steam room im much more of a fan of the steam room, and no no homo shit has ever gone down in mine...although someone did die in the pool

I jump in the sauna for about 2 or 3 minutes in full clothes during the colder months as soon as i get to the gym. gets blood flowing to the muscles

from the stories that ive been told from my clients all over the world, my advise is stay away from the hairy old men with thier soggy bean bags laying out for display, get out when they start building convo thats feels comfortable:eek:

Selios Pharma <------ CLICK HERE

Last edited:
from the stories that ive been told from my clients all over the world, my advise is stay away from the hairy old men with thier soggy bean bags laying out for display, get out when they start building convo thats feels comfortable:eek:

Selios Pharma <------ CLICK HERE

hahah so true i gota admit theres a couple old asian dudes that are in there everyonce and a while doing push ups and shit thank god they are decent enough to wear swim trunks so i dont have to see any bean bag action

I jump in the sauna for about 2 or 3 minutes in full clothes during the colder months as soon as i get to the gym. gets blood flowing to the muscles

I thought of doing this too. I go in for 7 to 10 min after workout in winter. I feel great afterwards. Not observed any hint of homoness at all.

Lots of sword crossing goes on in saunas but if you got it to yourself I like it to relax.

I love the sauna. I go every couple days when I have time, and you shouldnt be naked. Wear a towel or shorts or some type of cover, just out of respect for others there haha. There are alot of benefits and here are some I grabbed off of a site:

-During a 10-20 minute sauna session, your heart rate increases by 50-75%. This provides the same metabolic result as physical exercise. The increased cardiac load is the equivalent to a brisk walk. There is a nominal effect on blood pressure because the heat also causes blood vessels in skin to expand to accommodate increased blood flow.

-Blood vessels become more flexible and there is increased circulation to the extremities. During a sauna, blood flow to the skin increases to as high as 50-70% of cardiac output (compared to the standard 5-10%). This brings nutrients to subcutaneous and surface tissue resulting in glowing healthy skin.
-Steambaths and saunas induce sweating to provide a comprehensive cleansing of the skin and sweat glands. Skin is the largest organ in the body. 30% of body wastes are passed through the skin. Profuse sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body.
-When taking a sauna, skin temperature rises to 40°C (104°F) and internal body temperature rises to about 38°C (100.4°F). Exposure to the high heat creates an artificial fever state. Fever is part of the body’s natural healing process. Fever stimulates the immune system resulting in increased production of disease fighting white blood cells, antibodies and interferon (an anti viral protein with cancer fighting capability).
-Spas and other such therapeutic facilities utilize saunas and steambaths in conjunction with massage to loosen fatty tissue and assist in the battle against cellulite.
-Many regular steam and sauna users claim that a “good sweat” at the onset helps relieve and ward off the most severe symptoms of cold or flu.

Some of the other benefits associated with saunas and steambaths include:

-Relief from the pain and stiffness of arthritis.
-Steam is an excellent treatment for respiratory problems, such as; chest congestion, bronchitis, laryngitis and sinusitis.
-Revives tired and strained muscles after physical exertion.
-The cleansing effect of profuse perspiration helps provide healthy skin and a clear complexion.

Great post, I love the sauna and use it everyday to stretch my muscles after working out. It's great for sore tendons and ligaments.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear