over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Saved someone’s life today

Virtuous

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Hey Ya’ll,

first of all, this isn’t a “praise me” thread in any way. Just thought I’d share a bit of a benefit of our mutual hobby.

I was at the river today with the lady, and there’s a small dam there. A lot of people like tubing this river, and the river authority created a small bypass on the river for people floating.

Anyhow, this mid-twenties girl got stuck in the back flow of the dam and was pulled up by the wall of it. The river is high, so for perspective, her tube was about three feet below the lip of the dam, with water cascading on top of her.

My wife saw it happen, I was busy swimming and chatting shit with some random people. She grabbed me when people started screaming for help when the girl’s tube capsized. A couple dudes tried to pull her out from the top of the dam, but the water flow was too much.

My candy ass ran out on the dam and grabbed her and basically performed a sled drag (obese chick with waterfall pressure, instead of sled and weights) 50 feet across the dam to safety.

tbh I didn’t think much of it until a couple people came up and thanked me.

turns out, being strong as fuck is useful. Keep pumping iron my dudes, it’s useful for more than just looking good and helping people move couches.

Thanks guys. Again, not a “me” thing. I think a lot of times I personally get conflicted about spending so much time lifting and getting strong.

days like today make me realize being strong is useful, and strength is a benefit to everyone.

Hey Ya’ll,

first of all, this isn’t a “praise me” thread in any way. Just thought I’d share a bit of a benefit of our mutual hobby.

I was at the river today with the lady, and there’s a small dam there. A lot of people like tubing this river, and the river authority created a small bypass on the river for people floating.

Anyhow, this mid-twenties girl got stuck in the back flow of the dam and was pulled up by the wall of it. The river is high, so for perspective, her tube was about three feet below the lip of the dam, with water cascading on top of her.

My wife saw it happen, I was busy swimming and chatting shit with some random people. She grabbed me when people started screaming for help when the girl’s tube capsized. A couple dudes tried to pull her out from the top of the dam, but the water flow was too much.

My candy ass ran out on the dam and grabbed her and basically performed a sled drag (obese chick with waterfall pressure, instead of sled and weights) 50 feet across the dam to safety.

tbh I didn’t think much of it until a couple people came up and thanked me.

turns out, being strong as fuck is useful. Keep pumping iron my dudes, it’s useful for more than just looking good and helping people move couches.
If you are a person who believes in universal things as I do, you'd have to have already considered that your entire training career was meant for this event right here. 1) You happened to be right there inside the situation 2) at that exact moment 3) with your wits about you 4) while willing to help a person in need and 5) most importantly, have the physical strength to accomplish the task.

I'm not a big believer in coincidences. I'd say that women was very fortunate.

If you were a person who believes in universal things as I do, you'd have to have already considered that your entire training career was meant for this event right here: 1) you happened to be right there in the situation 2) at that moment 3) with your wits about you 4) be while willing to help a person in need 5) and most importantly, have the physical strength to accomplish the task.

Ive had a few things happen in my life similar to this. I train for fun, but there’s been a few instances where it’s seemed like I was meant to be there....and I would not have been able to help had I not been the size and strength that I was. Hell....it’s saved my own life a few times. I was stabbed a few years back and the surgeon told me had I not carried as much muscle as I did, that the knife would have penetrated deeper and I would have died. I believe we’re put in situations and places where our special skill sets can be useful....and it’s our job to act on those things

First, cool story with a good ending but it reminds me of two quotes.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people plus they're more useful in general.

Responsibility defined as "you have the ability, what is your response?"

GOOD. This country needs more people like you who take action rather than simply whip out their cell phones to film it.

Reminds me a bit of a bad fight in high school that I broke up when I was a teacher. When training to be a teacher they taught us to not get involved and call for help.

A boy got hit with a strong uppercut and teeth went flying. The aggressor mounted the kid and was about to start wailing on his head.. I put the aggressor in a full Nelso and held him till the police officer arrived. He was one of the biggest football players and a senior. The boy he hit had his jaw broken in 3 places and had to drink his meals through a straw for many weeks.

I thinks it's important that we try to help others because time is critical. Sometimes waiting for the authorities to come is too late and very dangerous for the person in trouble.

She's very fortunate considering that we now live in a society that will whip out a cellphone instead of a life saving game plan on the fly when situations like this happen.

She's very fortunate considering that we now live in a society that will whip out a cellphone instead of a life saving game plan on the fly when situations like this happen.
Try to view this through a more positive prism. Let's not forget that the camera technology we have today is (or at least should be) of very positive value in that we can now bring to light that which would have previously gone completely unseen, for better or sometimes worse. In this case, the young women's desperation for help was heard and the universe answered by giving her the strength that she did not have (nor likely anyone else present) by providing her @Virtuous

Since we can observe that nature gives life (birth, mitosis, seedlings, etc) and takes life indiscriminately (hurricanes, famines, earthquakes) it's easy to conclude that this woman was not only fortunate, but this man was given the privilege of being her strength. The combined karma of the young woman and all involved in her rescue is what gives all people a visceral reaction that something truly amazing occured. This is the best we can be.

Reminds me a bit of a bad fight in high school that I broke up when I was a teacher. When training to be a teacher they taught us to not get involved and call for help.

A boy got hit with a strong uppercut and teeth went flying. The aggressor mounted the kid and was about to start wailing on his head.. I put the aggressor in a full Nelso and held him till the police officer arrived. He was one of the biggest football players and a senior. The boy he hit had his jaw broken in 3 places and had to drink his meals through a straw for many weeks.

I thinks it's important that we try to help others because time is critical. Sometimes waiting for the authorities to come is too late and very dangerous for the person in trouble.
guns/muscle and strength, when seconds count and the police are minutes away.

If you are a person who believes in universal things as I do, you'd have to have already considered that your entire training career was meant for this event right here. 1) You happened to be right there inside the situation 2) at that exact moment 3) with your wits about you 4) while willing to help a person in need and 5) most importantly, have the physical strength to accomplish the task.

I'm the same way into the univers thing

Virtuous, how are you doing now? How is your health?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity