over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

saving money on bodybuilding tips thread

You wouldn't believe how much protein they throw away at McD. Sometimes it's still warm too.

Buy meat at the butcher.

I just paid $20 for 5lbs of lean ground beef and 5lbs of chicken breast. That would have cost me about $32 in the store.

Just cut back on your other expenses. Heres some thing I do when dieting and go out for lunch, El Pollo loco; I'll order a side of chopped breast $1.99 very lean, a side salad only lettuce $.99, and I'll use their salsa instead of dressing. Just $3.00, not a lot of cals though, you can double up the chicken, or get a BRC minus cheese, and empty the beans and rice into the salad if you need carbs only $1 more.

El Pollo Loco! I just moved to TX, only relatively healthy place to eat around here. Love it.

I usually get the #2, half chicken all white, side salad, and mixed veggies and hold the tortilla. :D

This thread is AWESOME..givin me a bunch of really good ideas that apparently dont come to me on my own:D

Well, I go fishing in my Kayak. 1 pound of Baked bass filets contains about 120 grams of protein. I live close to a bunch of spring fed creeks and catch on average 10 to 15 creek bass every time I go fishing. Catfish is good also. I have been known to run over the ocassional deer and throw it into the back of my truck.....Free Meat!!!!!!! I forgot to mention feral Hogs...ammo is sure gittin expensive though :(

I am a meat collector :)

I almost forgot...spring is around the corner.....time to plant a garden...fresh maters, okra, corn, squash, water mellons, cucumbers, purple hull peas, green beans,.... dang I can't want for some fresh veggies!!!! Way cheaper than what you can get in a grocery store and way better tasting too.

I'm gonna Bump this thread at least once a day........

Anybody know of a cheap, QUALITY, multi-vitamin worth mentioning??

Go to the health food store (you know, the one that smells funny) and buy a bottle of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. It has to have crap floating in the bottom of the bottle. Put two tablespoons of that in 8 ounces of water and choke it down. This will fix your heartburn. I take two teaspoons twice daily, and have no need for Maalox, or Rolaids now.

WAS working nites the other nite, and since i fucked up the holidays diet wise.. im doing a blast PALUMBO style... this VS my HERNON diet im following save me around $150 month

PALUMBO DIET IS AROUND $150/MNTH
HERNON DIET IS AROUND $3-400/MNTH

FYI

i like both diets... i do notice on palumbos i dont have heartburn...EVERYOTHER DIET I HAVE HEARTBURN IF I GO WITH OUT A MEAL FOR 3+HRS???

Phats

For those of you guys just doing a job here or there while in college - or second job etc, I'd advise looking into getting a job at Starbucks. This may seem drastic, but if you are deciding on job a, b, or c - this is an important benefit, check it:

1. Free or cheap coffee, you get a 30% discount, but unless you have a dick manager, you won't get charged for drinks on your days off, and its FREE while you are working.

2. Free Milk

3. Free Bananas

4. A heavy duty blender and ice

While I'm working, I'll throw my lba's in some nonfat milk and olive oil, and a banana, and I'm barely out anything. Plus, you get ice, cups, lids, straws, and you get tips + your rate and benefits for averaging 20 hrs/week.

You wouldn't believe how much protein they throw away at McD. Sometimes it's still warm too.

This is not a tip for bodybuilders trying to save money.

This IS a tip for bodybuilders that are homeless.

:p

if you really pay attn to sales its not so bad. yesterday i went to shoprite, got 20 cans of tuna, 10lb chicken breast, heaps of veggies, oj, 4 lb ground beef, "snacks" for the girl(you dont wanna know what she eats , makes me drool), and spent about $108, since i work in a restaurant that food will last about 2 weeks on phils diet, especiall since he changed my macros, im actually full for more than 30 min now....lol

This is not a tip for bodybuilders trying to save money.

This IS a tip for bodybuilders that are homeless.

:p

wow i couldn't stop laughing from this!!!

it seems to me that purchasing whole foods is always cheaper than buying boxed and pre-prepared crap. you get more quantity of whole foods and better quality.

someone else said here dont buy bottled water and drinks - i couldnt agree more.

imagine a typical day - you might buy some type of energy drink before your workout for $2 or $3. then maybe after your workout you are starving and spend $3 on a protein bar or drink. one or two bottled waters at 2$ each and you are up to $10. of course these can vary but you can see how easy it is to spend $10 in one day without even thinking about it. $10 a day for a month is $300!!!!!

wow i couldn't stop laughing from this!!!

it seems to me that purchasing whole foods is always cheaper than buying boxed and pre-prepared crap. you get more quantity of whole foods and better quality.

someone else said here dont buy bottled water and drinks - i couldnt agree more.

imagine a typical day - you might buy some type of energy drink before your workout for $2 or $3. then maybe after your workout you are starving and spend $3 on a protein bar or drink. one or two bottled waters at 2$ each and you are up to $10. of course these can vary but you can see how easy it is to spend $10 in one day without even thinking about it. $10 a day for a month is $300!!!!!
LOL, I know! me too! And how would anyone know this??? Just struck me funny. I was thinking, "Where has THIS guy been???!" :D

Just funny, not trying to be mean.

Don't buy bottled water or sports drinks. Get a big water bottle that uses plastic that's safe to use repeatedly, tap it up and pocket the money… lets see only $2 bucks a day = $60 a month. And that's just for the water you drink.

I do that too but I pass the tap water through a Brita filter to improve the taste.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131