over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Saving money on food thread

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
ok we all eat alot and that can be daunting when it comes time to go to the grocery store. a few things i do before i go shopping is figure out who is having what sale on the staple items of my diet. lean ground beef, chicken, cans of tuna, and fresh seafood. for veggies if you go to a fresh produce market or farmers market you will save 50% on veggies. i always get those ads from the markets in my mail box and dont let them go to waste. theres usually something good in there thats also pretty cheap that week that you can treat yourself to. those are just a few things i do to try to save osme money....anyone else have any suggestions?

With a few exceptions I always buy whats on sale in the meat department and try to purchase larger value packs. Then take them home split them up into ziplocs and freeze what I don't use within 3-4 days. When I cook, I cook for 4 meals at a time and split it into tupperware to take to work to avoid spending $$ in cafeteria or restaraunts. You are right on with the farmers markets, save lots of $$,

buy as much unprocessed 'whole' foods as possible. Oats, chicken, eggs, beef, fish, veggies, potatoes, rice, milk...all those foods are cheap as shit compared to processed foods.

the produce at the farmers markets usually cant be beat in quality either. lol i started thinking about this today because im about to go food shopping. oh and if your pressed for time to cook, never underestimate the value of a croc pot.

just dont make the mistaken inference that because its farmer's market stuff then its organic. Most farmer's market stuff is loaded down with pesticides...since to get the organic tag legally you need to undergo extensive testing and the land used to grow the food needs to be 'clean' for a certain number of years.

just dont make the mistaken inference that because its farmer's market stuff then its organic. Most farmer's market stuff is loaded down with pesticides...since to get the organic tag legally you need to undergo extensive testing and the land used to grow the food needs to be 'clean' for a certain number of years.

mostly thinking along the lines of freshness and quality. the better the ingredients in your cooking the better the final product.

The Farmer's Markets cant be beat. I save well over 50% on various fruits and veggies. All fresh and great quality. II have a couple good one's in my city.

I have been thinking about starting a thread like this recently due to the times... Thanks Tkav, hopefully we get some good ideas.

There is a little produce stand on the side of the road on my way home from work/gym...its literally half the price of the grocery...they always have some exotic fruits too...i try to make a point of getting something new each time i go...and I would rather give my money to the family that runs it vs the supermarket.

I just picked up a chest freezer this weekend and found a farm a few hours away that i can stock up on my proteins from...better products and better price.

shop and save on thursdays~ spend 50$ or more, get 10$ off :)

How do you find a farmers market in your area?:confused:

I noticed last time we shopped we saved $40 or so with coupons. Also when a item I use is on a great sale I will buy 5 or ten of them.

We also have a radio station that often gives basically buy a $50 gift certificate for $25 dollars each Friday. One of the Sushi restaraunts I like is on there and I buy a few. They put my favorite steak house/Bar on there one day and couple of us basically bought them out. They started a "limit" after that day.

Last edited:
I noticed the biggest savings when I switched from grass-fed beef to corn-fed :D

But seriously... Costco and Trader Joes are the only places I shop. I seem to save quite a bit of money by doing so.

I noticed the biggest savings when I switched from grass-fed beef to corn-fed :D

But seriously... Costco and Trader Joes are the only places I shop. I seem to save quite a bit of money by doing so.

hahaha....another trick at costco if you go to the meat counter and get a case of irregular chicken(it means it hasent been trimmed or portioned) you can buy that at the same price a restaurant pays. about 1.27 a lb.

I swear by Sams Club and Costco. boneless skinless chicken breasts are always $1.67/lb, Eggs 5 dozen for $4, 5lbs of ground turkey is $11, 3lbs frozen salmon $16, then i just get my vegetables and little odds and ends at the supermarket. i like doing it this way because i am a singler father of 4 and live on a tight budget, doing it like this i know pretty much exactly what the bill will be every week.

Amen to Costco...they all know me there now!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws