over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

saw the Rick Collins-MikeS interview

bloded

Registered
I just saw the new interview on the LIve at 5 news , I wish it would have been longer but it got the point across thumbs up to Mikes and Mr. Collins

DUDE! How much time did we get? Did I do OK-I was kinda shakey at first (weird, I was not nervous).

Im hoping to get tape by weeks end. Thanks for letting me know it aired! :D

HERE IT IS!!! Thanks to Stealthdog on the UG board-link to that thread :

**broken link removed**

MikeS said:
Im hoping to get tape by weeks end. Thanks for letting me know it aired! :D [/B]

Mike if you happen not to get it and want a tape as a momento I have it on tape and could send it to you :)

Last edited:
Working

mark mcgwire said:
Is the link working for anyone? Or is it working for everyone but me?
but not getting any sound. Anyone know what I might do to hear it? I know, turn the speakers on.

:D

You have to be a member on the UG board to get tot he link bro.

Re: Working

canino said:
but not getting any sound. Anyone know what I might do to hear it? I know, turn the speakers on.

:D

You have to be a member on the UG board to get tot he link bro.

Canino-

On your computer-hit start(windlws icon) button on bottom left of screen. Go to control panel and adjust the sound-does that work?
:confused:

I'm sorry, but I failed to see where that was a positive anything. At the end it was okay, but all they did was talk about how dangerous they were and how many people were using them in record numbers now. "I'm addicted to weightlifting???" Not the best choice of words in my opinion. I was a little disappointed with how the segment went.

**broken link removed**

wolverine said:
I'm sorry, but I failed to see where that was a positive anything. At the end it was okay, but all they did was talk about how dangerous they were and how many people were using them in record numbers now. "I'm addicted to weightlifting???" Not the best choice of words in my opinion. I was a little disappointed with how the segment went.

**broken link removed**

Dude, in that quote they did take me out of context.
He asked me if I was addicted to juice, and I replied with a list
of things (eating, sleeping, lifting...) that could be considered addicting. They chopped it up and it did not come across like the actual answer I gave. I hope your critism is not directed personally... :confused:
And trust that alot more was said then was aired. I also think we got across the message that alot of 'personal users' are being harrassed to extreme by law enforcment-and some sympathy may come from it (hopefully something useful). We knew going in that not much may come from this, but hopefully the right person(s) will see Ricks book because of this and how shameful
the law treats us fitness enthusiasts, and something can be done. Its all going to take alot of small steps and we are prepared for that, and some disappointments along the way.

Not personal at all. I feel like you and Rick were set up and used. I know how the creative editing process goes, and what they did to the segment was the opposite of what I was expecting. I was hoping it would be portrayed in a positive light, but they just seemed to do the same ol' bashing they always do. Rick and yourself got about 1/10 of the segment, while the other 9/10 was used to talk about "smuggling" and the health and psychological effects of the use of those evil steroids. Just my take from what I saw and heard.

And Mike, you seemed to get really offended on bolex by what I said. You know I respect you, but you have to know that I'm not going to sugar coat anything I say to spare someone's feelings. I'm sorry that you are taking this personally, but I can understand how you would. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I think I just had something totally different built up in my head, you know?

Bolex deleted the thread anyway.

I still think there was some positive to gain from it-
I feel the angle about personal users (myself and Rick
both spoke of that) being attacked legally showed
the laws and enforcement as big legal overkill.
And my comment was chopped-I was naming a laundry list of
things that could have been considered 'addicting' that
are just normal parts of a lifestyle. They just took the final comment. It was not poorly worded, as you said, just poorly edited.

If you had other expectations in mind-sorry.
I wished it could have been more well done,
but we were being realistic. It could have been worse also.
We knew it was only a small start, to get some exposure.

Again Wolverine, youre a contributing member of our board and Ive generally got no beef with you. But, yes, I dont care for your opinion on this issue, and of our whole effort. If you have a better plan to get some attention to the public, set up and ready to initiate, by all means go for it.

Okay, this will be my last comment on it.

First of all, I don't think you or Rick did a bad job. I think you two have bigger balls than anyone else here, including myself, for standing up and letting people know what an injustice is being done to us.

All I didn't like was the way they edited it. I felt it was still pretty negative, more so than positive.

I agree that the major points made were that we are just normal people that live everyday lives and strive to better ourselves, and use anabolics to help us along our path. You and Rick both spoke well, and made very valid points that hopefully people will hear.

Again, I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and I wish you wouldn't have taken my comments in such a personal context as you did. I simply thought that it was just going to be an interview with you and Rick answering questions trying to debunk the myths, and help people realize the laws against AAS are ridiculous. I didn't know they were going to throw all the other things in there that are the typical norm when talking about AAS, like health effects and psychological effects.

Wolv-

Like I said, we kinda expected the final showing to be a mixed review to some degree.
But really, mixed is way better than what we've been getting from the media, which has all been negative so far.

No hard feeling at all. I wish we could have had our forum entirely, like maybe what you hoped for. Maybe one day...

Just watched it, and althought I think it was good at heart I don't like how those fucks butchered the commentary. Whay a bunch of assholes that make this seem so horrible. Fuck websites and find a mule, lol

Just saw it

Bro, I just saw it on the ug.....That's awesome that you got a chance to do the interview! Maybe next you'll get a more positive lime light. Still an outstanding job. We all need people like you that are knowledgable and willing to speak out, kudos to you MikeS. Take care.

patk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner