YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SCAMMED!!!!!!!!!!!!! BANK TO FAULT?????????????????

the thing he is most pissed about is the bank not putting the max hold onthem and letting him assume that there was money in his account. His account said $17,000.00 avaliable. the bank only put a 4 day hold on them...and my buddy thought once the money cleared and was in his account, all is good. they should tell the consumer that is not true that the checks can still bounce.

Crazy crazy!!!

Scammers are always one step ahead of people.

yeah man i have had people wirte me bad checks for like 1000$. i put it in my checking account, write out some bills and like 6-7 days later im negative!!!! it happens, which is stupid in my opinion. why even take 2 days for it to clear if they arent confirming that there is actually money in the other account?

if thats they case, i should be able to go write myself a 1,000,000 dollar check. deposit it. the next day withdrawl 1,000,000 and move my ass to mexico.. HEY NOT A BAD THOUGHT!!!! :D

good luck on getting the money back, but it doesnt look good for YOUR FRIEND! :cool:

Got Juice said:
yeah man i have had people wirte me bad checks for like 1000$. i put it in my checking account, write out some bills and like 6-7 days later im negative!!!! it happens, which is stupid in my opinion. why even take 2 days for it to clear if they arent confirming that there is actually money in the other account? :

Exactly..say If I do a side job and the owner or contractor pays in cash
I ALWAYS take and cash it at there bank just for that reason.
If not your responsable and theyll just pull the money out of your acount autamaticly even though they can cleary see what the problem is.

They should make damn sure the money clears before it even becomes available to you. The you have that overdraft which I think is a very bad idea also..If the Money is not there why let them take it? So they can add extra charges and make more money is why. Im sure over a year all them 30-40$
fees they add up to a lot for the bank.

yeah those fuckers got me for 75$ in one day for 3 checks that overdraft occured due to this. however, i had enough funds to clear 2 of the 3, but they ran the largest check first so they screwed me for all 3 checks. i was a little irate. :mad: :mad: :mad:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050321/news_mz1b21scam.html
Here's how it works:

You advertise an item for sale online and are immediately approached by an eager "buyer," who happens to live in another country. The buyer offers to buy the item and pay for shipping and other related expenses. The buyer ends up sending a cashier's check for thousands more than the asking price. The buyer then asks you to cash the check and wire the difference back or to a "shipper."

Problem is, the check turns out to be bogus. But by the time you find that out, you've already sent real money abroad and your bank is looking to recover that amount from you because the check was bad.

San Jose police say most of the cases they've seen involve victims who advertised on Craigslist, but they also are investigating cases involving advertisements on cars.com, eBay and other sites.

Craigslist has posted an alert on "counterfeit cashier's check & money transfer scams" (http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html) after several advertisers reported they were duped.

The warning came too late for Charity Joyce of San Jose.

Joyce, 33, advertised a $500 antique bed and within three days was contacted by an interested "buyer" in England.

In February, the buyer sent her a cashier's check for $3,500. The buyer asked that she send $2,900 to a shipper in Lagos, Nigeria, leaving her with $500 for the bed and $100 for her time and trouble.

Joyce said she had her suspicions about the transaction but was assured when a local bank cashed the check. With $2,900 in hand, she promptly went to Western Union and wired the money to Nigeria.

The next day, she said, she received an e-mail from the "buyer" who had an elaborate story about a family emergency and asked her to wire an additional $500.

"At that point, I thought, 'Oh, my God, I just got ripped off,'" Joyce said.

She telephoned the bank, which confirmed her suspicions: The cashier's check was bogus. And because Joyce had received cash, she would have to cover the loss.

"I was totally devastated," she said.

She reported the fraud to police.

But San Jose police Sgt. John Savala, who supervises the high-technology crimes unit, said there is little local police can do. Internet crimes with suspects overseas are out of San Jose's jurisdiction.

Savala said he has collected the reports and sent several to the local office of the U.S. Secret Service. But, because the individual dollar losses from victims are relatively low, investigating the crime is not a high priority for federal agents.

"It's not on their radar," Niehoff said.

Chris Von Holt, the agent in charge of the Secret Service bureau in San Jose, said he was aware of the plethora of Internet scams, but the office "is not going to solve each case."

Von Holt said that because of staffing levels and post-Sept. 11, 2001, priorities, the agency will generally investigate an online scam if the losses are at least $50,000 or if the alleged crimes pose a threat to major industries or national security.

Basically, Von Holt said it is up to residents to protect themselves.

"Like the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is," he said.

|--[\\\\]>------ Women are whores and liars! LOL!

Your friend got screwed and has little recourse with the bank. There are multiple investigations into Qchex.com and they have a poor rating with the BBB. Apparantly a thief can register ANY routing number and account number on Qchex and print checks. All the bank is checking is that it is a good account and there is money in there to be transfered out, not whether the checks are forged and not written by the account holder. This is a HUGE problem now they are trying to stop.

Yeah he is sooooooo pissed that the teller did not put the max hold on the checks which is 11 days....and then to get a confitmation e-mail to his account saying the funds will be avaliable 3 days earlier than expected...made hime think that all was good...the online customer service lady wrote a letter saying that "I have reasearched your account." then she goes on to say that a hold was placed on the checks and the hold will be lifted on this date...that date was 3 days sooned than what the teller had told him.

I feel that if the banks do not recognize a check, they should put the max hold on hte check(s). If it would have went the full term, then he would not be in this mess...the fund came back on day 10.

STEAK HELMIT, tell your friend that he's fallen for the typical VISA scam. Never trust anyone who claims to be an illegal immigrant. I've heard about it so often when I was in LE.

My lady and I was recently scammed by a fucking bank, as well. In our case, she decided to surprise me by handling one of my outstanding Visa accounts (they became outstanding when I was out of work for a year with my knee injuries). She agreed to have money debited out of her account on a monthly basis. The assholes fucked up royally. First she debited $70, with an agreement to have $112 debited monthly thereafter. Instead, the assholes debited the $112 the following week. And for the entire month, the debited her account weekly. What resulted from that? I put money in her account for her to pay my car note but the check bounced. The check to pay HER car note also bounced. The check to pay our rent bounced. Needless to say, her entire account was eaten before I told her to put a stop on the debit and tell the bank to kiss her ass. Because of their fuck up, my SUV was repo'ed (my 1st payment) and the finance company threatened to repo her car, as well. Fortunately, our landlord understood our problem.

Now, I look forward to hearing from that credit card bank so that I can tell them that I'm 3 months ahead rather than behind.

These scams are about as common as houseflies.
Especially the nigerian ones.
A buddy of mine was selling his car on E-bay 3 years ago.
$24 K and the guy sends $30 K and wants $6 K back.
I told him something wasn't right why would you send $6 K extra for a car?
Guy used every excuse in the book I told my boy to keep him hanging on. I think my buddy got 60 e-mails in a day...each one getting more violent.
Finally the check never clears and my freind was like Damn.
I think we should start a business to send them fake checks back!!! LOL :D

Something new I've seen lately on E Bay is some very clean motorcycles A 2002 Harley Duece for example and the buy it now price is less that a quarter of what the bike is worth, they were selling that one with extra chrome and a Screamin Eagle model to boot for 4k. Now that would be a great price on a $24,000 bike right. I'll bet that they had people send the cash. J.R.

........that says it all in the end....best of luck to all who do not believe in KARMA....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws