over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Scary interview with Big Kiwi

"at the end of the day, we're all a ticking time bomb..you gotta do what you love.."

moronic statement of the day...

I was there right with him at one time as far as attitude. I had cardiomyopathy and went back to using about 1 yr later. We have at least one other member that has done the same in the past 4 yrs or so but he didn't have a heart attack like me, at least yet.

The term bodydismorphia is not bullshit, it is very real and hard to get over. It took me having a near fatal heart attack to partially get over mine. To this day though I look in the mirror and see myself as a skinny kid, like I was back when I started lifting in high school.

One doc that was kind enough to be honest to me gave me another 10-15 yrs to live and I was 38 at the time. I am 43 now. My heart is really a mess now and its only going downhill from now on out.

Last edited:
It's clear who's where on the psychological spectrum on this board based on their comments.

None of the people who call this a "desire" over a disorder have been 100lbs over the average weight of someone their height.

Best of luck to Kiwi in his road to better health.

I encourage all you guys to get a more clear understanding of how your health is SO INCREDIBLY BORDERLINE when you are playing with the crazy cycles you are.

BP
resting HR
blood work
ultrasound on the organs
preventative supplements over pre-workout supplements
grassfed beef over cornfed beef
...it adds up

THERE IS NO BIOLOGICAL FREE LUNCH.

"How did you go bankrupt?"
"Two ways. Gradually, then suddenly." -Hemingway

The years of undiagnosed sleep apnea probably did more damage to his heart than a lot of the drugs did sadly

That video is a few years old.....

Last time I spoke with him he was doing well...Trimmed down a bit and still looking as shredded as ever!

Looks like he got his priorities back in order and was looking and feeling healthier.....

F...ng A!! So glad to hear he's doing better.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Addiction sucks. I thought he was older than what they said in the video. A sad, but good watch.

Interesting to see that anti-steroid propaganda isn't just isolated to the USA.

Video should be titled, "dangers of GHB."

Last edited:
That's fantastic!!! Hope he's feeling as good as he looks. NEVER trust a doctor who says it's hopeless.

your brother in CHrist,

Lucky

wow. its sad.

A sport that started out with all us just wanting to look better and get healthy...turns so quick

praying for you Justin

One thing is for certain - drug use is not without consequence.

Either way, we've all made a choice to tip the scales in favor of our desire or addiction. For some, the addiction is worse than it is for others.

I sincerely wish the best for those who have health issues that were caused or exacerbated either directly or indirectly form steroid use.

AAS/GH can cause cardiomegaly, but an enlarged heart can also be found in non steroid using weightlifters. A larger heart does not necessarily mean an unhealthy heart.

Cardiomyopathy is different, and while I don't think it can be caused by steroid use, I think it can be worsened by it.

I think sleep apnea is a big issue for guys carrying extra weight (muscle or not). It's a silent killer like high BP.

A lot of the more serious conditions from steroid use seem to develop as a result of the result of steroids. I.e. excessive bodyweight, high BP, sleep apnea, poor cardiovascular conditioning...

Cardiomyopathy is different, and while I don't think it can be caused by steroid use, I think it can be worsened by it.

Well, from what happened to me, I can show some evidence that steroids can cause cardiomyopathy. About 9 yrs ago I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and an ejection fraction of about 25%. I told the doc I was on steroids, I had been running about 2 grams a week, and I went off immediately. Within about 10 months of being clean my heart was once again normal and ef was back up to 55%. My heart previously had walls that were akinetic, stretched out and hypertrophied. After the 10 months it looked normal enough that the cardiologist told me if he hadn't known I had cardiomyopathy at one time he would have thought my heart had always been normal.

Jump forward 4 yrs and then I had a blood clot and almost died from taking the steroids. I didn't learn my lesson.

Well, from what happened to me, I can show some evidence that steroids can cause cardiomyopathy. About 9 yrs ago I was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and an ejection fraction of about 25%. I told the doc I was on steroids, I had been running about 2 grams a week, and I went off immediately. Within about 10 months of being clean my heart was once again normal and ef was back up to 55%. My heart previously had walls that were akinetic, stretched out and hypertrophied. After the 10 months it looked normal enough that the cardiologist told me if he hadn't known I had cardiomyopathy at one time he would have thought my heart had always been normal.

Jump forward 4 yrs and then I had a blood clot and almost died from taking the steroids. I didn't learn my lesson.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. What compounds were you running at 2g/week? From available research showing correlation between AAS use and heart cardiomegaly, hypertension and sleep apnea (both can lead to cardiomyopathy), testosterone seems to be the focus, nandrolones next.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws