over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Scheduling your time. It's not easy.

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
How much time in your day would you estimate you spend on the BBing/strength lifestyle?

I'm just curious. If you add up your training plans, meal-planning, rest, pinning, peptides, slin, AAS, supplements, how much?

Am I eating too much? Not enough? Do I need to add more cardio? Do I need more rest between workouts? Can I add more workouts? Is this the right time of day for rhGH? How many IU's slin? What PEDs should I be using and in what quantities? How many needles am I burning through in a week? Do I generally feel good? Am I miserable or tired? Bloated or starving? Am I gaining muscle? Am I hitting new personal bests? Can I afford all this?

I could go on for a week with these sorts of questions..

All the while, we're working full-time. Raising kids. Building families. Planning a wedding. Finalizing a divorce. Mourning a loss, a breakup. Attending a funeral. A family reunion. A neighborhood cookout.

And all of this combined,

How is your progress?

Are you working through injuries?
Are you overtrained?
Do you feel you wish you had more time to train?
Do you feel as though everything you do is geared toward one goal?
If you have them, do you make time for personal hobbies?
Are you content with your private life?
If you're a person of faith, how is your spiritual development?

So let me ask this simply.

How are you doing? Are you meeting your goals?

Would love to hear how you're doing. Answer any of these or none. I've been away from the board bc my life took me out of commission for a while. It was hell. But we're the warriors. We keep fighting. What doesn't kill us, just makes us all that much more invincible.

Talk to me. Tell how you're doing. Is all good?

Regards,
OTH

Great thread funny I was actually thinking about this the other day. I’m a business owner as I know you were one as well. I have two young children and a wife. I think the older I have gotten the less I focus on the “lifestyle” if you will. I obviously aim to continue lifting and achieving a better physique while trying to be safe at the same time. I like to try and live an 80/20 lifestyle. I don’t push heavy dosages like before anymore so gear expense is pretty cheap for me at least, food I never break the bank imo dieting is pretty cheap I’m not a 300lb monster trying to eat 6,000 cals a day.I diet hard Monday-Friday and enjoy whatever I want on the weekends I find this is the best way to live stay in shape and look my best year round. Glad to see you back OTH

I'm on the other side of the spectrum. I'm one of those people who thinks they're busy and 'doesn't have time', but in reality, what the fuck do I really have going on other the fact than I'm OCD and just like all my fuckin days to play out the same?

Anyway, I'm curious to hear what others who really ARE pressed for time have to say

I workout heavy three days a week. Mon, Thurs, Sat. By the time I've done my pre-workout prep, prep my post workout meal, drive to the gym, bust my ass for 45 minutes to an hour, spend 20 minutes in the dry sauna, shower, put on fresh clothes, get my my post workout supps and food in the lobby, I drive home, spend time with my kids, or pick them up, I'm ready for meal #4, I spend cooking with my wife, we all eat, watch TV (my only rest slot on a workout day), go to bed, give her a hammering, sleep.

Off days are also a pain in the ass. I need more rest. No doubt about it. The family and my portfolio needs care. Retired at 49 is nice. It was no wonder I broke down before working 60 hours a week. It broke me. But I've made adjustments, dialed in my time.

Many of you don't, which is cool, but I add to my schedule 1 hour per day of peaceful meditation. I'm not talking about some gay shit. I'm talking about a reenergizing thoughtful meditation. It's legit and probably saved my life and family. It's a workout in the opposite direction of work, 100% non-work + 100% gym work = balance. That's how I roll.

But I keep a journal and a filled up calendar to remember all this shit. It's like my personal bible. Been doing this so long, it's a part of me now and I believe, for whatever reason, it's part of my purpose here in this strange place called life.

OTH

edit: I actually have to run even now but will be back on later this evening. I hope to hear from some of you on some of this shit. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Not as much as I used to

Thinking about bodybuilding doesn't really make you a better bodybuilder; just doing the same things daily that you need to do does. The guys who think too much but miss the main things often just spin in one place.

Train in the morning, check log before starting session, beat logbook, add and subtract exercises based on progression, finish workout, go home. Make meals, pack meals, go to work, eat meals. Drink water

Stopped caring about timing the PEDs, just daily or EOD shots before bed depending on laziness

P.S- 100% agree on meditation; it's a superpower if you make it a habit, and work through the noise. Emotions are always stable, and appreciate the day way more than I used to. Most of us live in a perpetual state of tomorrow (both for work, bbing, family, friends, obligations), and it's a filter for that noise. Too dumb for anything beyond that right now (enlightenment, and the likes)

No injuries, not overtrained, and have plenty of time to train.

Everything I do is geared toward my singular goal of enjoying my life every single day.

I make time for personal hobbies like the dog park, trying new restaurants, sex. Real hobby is going out, night life, concerts, taking advantage of all a big city has to offer, but haven't been able to do that much this last year given world circumstances. We've been doing more and more as things open back up.

Very content with my private life and not a person of faith.

Currently dieting and on pace to come in up 10-15lbs. over last year. This will probably be my quickest diet as well, 9-10 weeks to 6%. My main bodybuilding goal this year is to hit 300lbs. Peaked at 280lbs. last year so it's a very realistic goal for me.

Having good success in my professional career. We have a national marketing push coming up and a team is being built under me so our efforts will be supercharged in the second half of the year.

My gym time is 90-120 minutes per session, but other than that I don't consider rest, cooking, etc., as time actively put towards bodybuilding - it's just my lifestyle.

No injuries, not overtrained, and have plenty of time to train.

Everything I do is geared toward my singular goal of enjoying my life every single day.

I make time for personal hobbies like the dog park, trying new restaurants, sex. Real hobby is going out, night life, concerts, taking advantage of all a big city has to offer, but haven't been able to do that much this last year given world circumstances. We've been doing more and more as things open back up.

Very content with my private life and not a person of faith.

Currently dieting and on pace to come in up 10-15lbs. over last year. This will probably be my quickest diet as well, 9-10 weeks to 6%. My main bodybuilding goal this year is to hit 300lbs. Peaked at 280lbs. last year so it's a very realistic goal for me.

Having good success in my professional career. We have a national marketing push coming up and a team is being built under me so our efforts will be supercharged in the second half of the year.

My gym time is 90-120 minutes per session, but other than that I don't consider rest, cooking, etc., as time actively put towards bodybuilding - it's just my lifestyle.
280-300lbs at under 10%? That's pretty damn beastly.

2020 was hard. Being a nurse during Covid, and going through a nasty divorce with a female that tried her best to take everything at the same time. The low point was spending my birthday and thanksgiving alone in a motel, drunk and high.

BUT, I realized that I’m surrounded by people who care. My co workers called and checked on me daily. They even threw me a “divorce shower” and got me pots, pans, new bedding.

also, I drug my rosary out, and have started connecting back to that part of my life. Whatever you want to call it....god, fate, or just Murphy’s law....tests our true resilience at times.

Im on a roll now, got a cute redhead that does some amazing tricks in the bedroom and she’s good to me. Work is less crazy, and I’m starting to see some faint veins in the chest and upper ribs. Cutting out 8-10 beer a night makes a difference (and my liver is much happier)

I spend way too much time thinking about it, preparing for it, cooking, eating, researching, training. I have a very obsessive personality and hobbies take over my life. I struggle keeping a balance with that that keeps my family happy. But I find it very hard not to go 100 percent with things I enjoy. I want to do it all the way, or not at all. And having middle of the road genetics ive had to work even harder for it

I workout heavy three days a week. Mon, Thurs, Sat. By the time I've done my pre-workout prep, prep my post workout meal, drive to the gym, bust my ass for 45 minutes to an hour, spend 20 minutes in the dry sauna, shower, put on fresh clothes, get my my post workout supps and food in the lobby, I drive home, spend time with my kids, or pick them up, I'm ready for meal #4, I spend cooking with my wife, we all eat, watch TV (my only rest slot on a workout day), go to bed, give her a hammering, sleep.

Off days are also a pain in the ass. I need more rest. No doubt about it. The family and my portfolio needs care. Retired at 49 is nice. It was no wonder I broke down before working 60 hours a week. It broke me. But I've made adjustments, dialed in my time.

Many of you don't, which is cool, but I add to my schedule 1 hour per day of peaceful meditation. I'm not talking about some gay shit. I'm talking about a reenergizing thoughtful meditation. It's legit and probably saved my life and family. It's a workout in the opposite direction of work, 100% non-work + 100% gym work = balance. That's how I roll.

But I keep a journal and a filled up calendar to remember all this shit. It's like my personal bible. Been doing this so long, it's a part of me now and I believe, for whatever reason, it's part of my purpose here in this strange place called life.

OTH

edit: I actually have to run even now but will be back on later this evening. I hope to hear from some of you on some of this shit. Thanks guys.

OTH

WOW, 1 hour of meditation per day??? 🤯 Mind blown OTH. There's honestly not many things I would find more impressive than that good sir. Wow! Barely anyone walking the planet can make that claim. How long have you been meditating for? I've been implementing just 10 minutes per day and it has been by far one of the biggest game changers for me maintaining a healthy overall mind state without any doubt... Hell yeah bro, hell yeah

<Jay_dub: 1 hour of meditation per day??? 🤯 Mind blown OTH. There's honestly not many things I would find more impressive than that good sir. Wow! Barely anyone walking the planet can make that claim. How long have you been meditating for? I've been implementing just 10 minutes per day and it has been by far one of the biggest game changers for me maintaining a healthy overall mind state without any doubt... Hell yeah bro, hell yeah>

I've been doing it for many many years. Since I was in Jr high. There's many ways but I like the exercise you can do by counting to 30 and if anything pops in your head other than the number, you must start over. Then you go 60 sec. Then a few minutes. Once you get to the point where clearing your mind is practiced. It's much faster to release everything.

It allows me to see life from the outside looking in. It's the same world, just from a different perspective. No hocus pocus. But very insightful. Or you could just vacay and think about nothing. I couldn't live without it. 10 minutes is great! I can now get there in 20 minutes in the dry sauna.

I just wish I could sleep and rest better, that's my main goal.

I love all the time and effort I put into my meals, workouts, thinking about new ideas and research, setting goals and objectives.

I am very very obsessive, thank goodness I did not decide to use Peds, it would have been deadly for me.

Apart from bodybuilding, I lack hours in the day to read, think and reflect on different worldviews of existence: I like to read nihilistic authors, Buddha or Lao Tzu, Socrates, Nietzsche, the pessimistic Shopenhauer is my favorite ... and I adore Greek civilization and his sense of pride and dignity.

**EDIT** The Greeks were great, people had the courage to commit suicide when they were no longer useful, strong or independent. Charity and compassion are harmful to the life.

I would also love to meditate, but not as a means to have less stress or balance life, but to enlighten myself and have detachment from material life. I am all or nothing.

* - NO DISCUSSION ABOUT RELIGION! AGAINST THE RULES!!

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point in my life the lifestyle is the only thing really holding me together.
I have so many issues going on right now.
Child custody and support , my ex's son is hurting my 16 month old daughter , relationship stuff , work stuff and it seems the pile of shit just keeps getting bigger.
I've been doing my best to focus on improving myself and me and my child's life.
I go to the gym 2 times a day and prep my meals every night/morning. It's the one thing that I enjoy and it helps me keep my life in order to the best of my abilities. The routine and holding myself accountable helps me tremendously.
If I didn't have the bodybuilding lifestyle I know I would be a depressed peice of shit probably drinking and doing drugs.
I have been focusing on my mental toughness using my skills from living the lifestyle and applying it to everything else and its paying off.
I tell that little bitch voice in my head to shut the fuck up and work harder everyday.
I'm grateful for the "lifestyle"

I own a business and work 55 hours a week for my employer. I have 3 sons and a beautiful wife that is my world. I train 4-6 days a week, I do cardio early morning fasted 5-6 days a week. I sleep on average 6 hours a night. I know it’s not enough but it’s what I have to do. Wife helps with meal prep. I always have a coach to take all the cycle, training and nutrition design off my shoulders. Now that I’m two spots from the top in my job my life actually has a lot of down time at work. I delegate a lot, while keeping the important career altering decisions and tasks close to my chest.

I was living this life style before my wife came along. So this is just normal for us. Oldest son digs it, we do tons of body weight stuff together as he is not old enough to train with weights. Wife used to compete in CrossFit so she gets it. Wife does not work, it was always her dream to raise a house full of kids. Since I make that dream possible for her, she helps me in anyway possible and does not mind me spending a few extra hours a week at the gym. But when I come home, all phones go in the safe everyone sits at the table for dinner, tv is off and we communicate as a family. This game is all balance. Im 270lbs-280lbs around 11-13% body fat. I have pictures up in other threads.
tank

Motivation and what we "chasing" will always teeter totter.
There will be some months where your fitness goals will be easily your number 1 priority.
And other when you have a haaard push from work and BBing takes a back seat.
To me, my wife will always be #1...but the other 2 rotate pretty frequently. When I'm stressed over work, i turn to the gym.
And vice versa.

I feel like these past 6 months have been a "waiting period" for me.
I personally dont feel like my career has gone anywhere the past 3 years—and that's personally frustrating to me.
But with that, I've made fantastic personal and BBing leaps. IMO, personal relationships and BBing (what i enjoy) is more important to me than the $$$ I'm chasing. Or at least that's how i rationalize it. BBing will ramp up soon i think as I've spent this past 3-4 months working on fertility (which of course put a hold on BBing progress). Either way, that is the goal I'm focused on now.

I'm also a fairly positive optimistic dude. When shit hits the fan, I'm always in a good mood and trying to work past it.
2020 sucked, but it didn't make me sad or depressed. Thats just not my personality, I'm always "on to the next."

I own my own business. A roofing company (and no my fat ass aint on the roofing doing the labor, got crews for that). I also work for another roofing company out of town. So i am out of town for 5 days, home for two. I'm typically working 11-12 hours a day. Fortunate enough to work out of a house, even out of town so cooking is not an issue. I have to go the gym in the middle of the day so I can break up the stress and crap that comes along with owning a company and running another with 12 sales guys. I am not at the level you are and as I got older I realized that a simple healthy lifestyle of eating and weight training is a choice and even a privilege. So here's my progress

How is your progress?
Are you working through injuries? Yeap, shoulder issues. Just change to exercises that do not strain them (no benching of any sort. Dumbbells' presses are even hard yet cables are great for me)

Are you overtrained? Nope

Do you feel you wish you had more time to train? Sometimes but time is priceless and I try my best to live and make the most of every minute. Life's to short not to do so.

Do you feel as though everything you do is geared toward one goal? I hope so. Of course main goal is to give my very best to God, my family and the people around me. Give back and be an example.

If you have them, do you make time for personal hobbies? I love to work so my only other hobby is this lol

Are you content with your private life? What is that lol

**EDIT** - KEEP RELIGION OUT OF THE DISUCUSSION!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two obsessions. Bodybuilding and playing the Banjo. They occupy the vast majority of my brain and are constantly competing for my time. Up the is also my two dogs who are my children. And then my girlfriend and her two teenagers. (picking them up, dropping them off places).
I have a 65k/year job where i work 20 hours a week. Not big money by any means for someone with no college degree im happy with where im at. I lobe the extra time it gives me even though i still feel like i have no extra time, lol. My fav part of the day is getting in bed with my lady and my two dogs and watching shows about space and nature and other interesting things. I honestly love my life.

I have two obsessions. Bodybuilding and playing the Banjo. They occupy the vast majority of my brain and are constantly competing for my time. Up the is also my two dogs who are my children. And then my girlfriend and her two teenagers. (picking them up, dropping them off places).
I have a 65k/year job where i work 20 hours a week. Not big money by any means for someone with no college degree im happy with where im at. I lobe the extra time it gives me even though i still feel like i have no extra time, lol. My fav part of the day is getting in bed with my lady and my two dogs and watching shows about space and nature and other interesting things. I honestly love my life.
Sounds like a good life brother!!!

One thing i have learnt is if you love what you do and it makes you and those close to you happy fuck what everyone else thinks.

The bit where you said you honestly love your life says a lot about your character! Kudos

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws