over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sciatica pain. Limited motion

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Any help or advice on relieving Sciatica pain i would really appreciate.

Right before leaving to Florida on vacation i got sciatica. Dr. prescribed me Prednisone , which helped a little but as soon as i arrived to FL i started getting really bad spasms in my left butt cheek. Cant walk more than 10 feet. Its so painful and cramps .
I went to urgent care and got prescribed 1500 of Robaxin. Which so far does nothing to help spasms. I am here for a week and cant to anything. can't leave the room.
At least i have a ocean view room..:eek:

Besides rest and pain meds nothing helped me.

What’s the cause of yours? My first bout was due to back pocket syndrome. Basically carrying my wallet in my back pocket and sitting on it etc. the second incident occurred during a high rep dead lift session.

I don’t do either and no more incidents ...

Besides rest and pain meds nothing helped me.

What’s the cause of yours? My first bout was due to back pocket syndrome. Basically carrying my wallet in my back pocket and sitting on it etc. the second incident occurred during a high rep dead lift session.

I don’t do either and no more incidents ...

Ah I just woke up with it . I would be ok if it happened at the gym or doing something ... but sleeping and probably twisting back and muscle.. sucks

Resting def helps, just sucks that I’m stuck indoors at the vacation with the ocean right in front of me.

Ah I just woke up with it . I would be ok if it happened at the gym or doing something ... but sleeping and probably twisting back and muscle.. sucks

Resting def helps, just sucks that I’m stuck indoors at the vacation with the ocean right in front of me.

May sound counterintuitive but try your best to walk. It will hurt and feel awkward but walking is an amazing healing tool. Don’t want to sound like some nut job. But it’s the best you can do versus being immobile and either laying or sitting.

Sorry to hear that man! Stretch, ice, NSAID's, opiate pain meds if necessary and check YouTube for stretches for sciatica. When you get back I would suggest an MRI to see what's happening in the low back. Where is the sciatica, top of the leg or side?

Sorry to hear that man! Stretch, ice, NSAID's, opiate pain meds if necessary and check YouTube for stretches for sciatica. When you get back I would suggest an MRI to see what's happening in the low back. Where is the sciatica, top of the leg or side?

Top of the butt cheek and radiating down the leg.
Yeah def getting mri when I come back

Get onto YouTube bro and look at some stretchers also try get some deep tissue massaging in.

I've had this to lucky enough the symptoms weren't to bad I've heard of people actually bed ridden and they've had shooting pains travel up there legs

Stretching is what is needed.

Best of luck

L5-S1 bulging disc I suspect.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKuFe2SERs&t=334s"]How to Fix a Bulging Disc (NO SURGERY!) - YouTube[/ame]

It depends what part of the leg the sciatica is on. If it's down the front of the thigh, that's indicative of L2-3.

Understood...
Dado5's initial post: "really bad spasms in my left butt cheek"

Right before leaving to Florida on vacation i got sciatica. Dr. prescribed me Prednisone , which helped a little but as soon as i arrived to FL i started getting really bad spasms in my left butt cheek. Cant walk more than 10 feet. Its so painful and cramps .
I went to urgent care and got prescribed 1500 of Robaxin. Which so far does nothing to help spasms. I am here for a week and cant to anything. can't leave the room.

Prednisone didn’t help me. I hate to say it but my sciatica didn’t improve until 1 month after i quit using roids. My final shot had sustanon in it and a month after taking it i finally started improving. My hemoglobin was 25. I think AAS are like poison to my body. The systemic inflammation was severe most likely from the fact that my blood was as thick as tar. I have very little space for the nerves in my spine due to degenerative disk disease and everything being pretty much bone on bone. Inflammation in the spinal area would put me right back in the same painful predictament.

Left side sciatica kept me out of the gym for seven months.

Ibuprofen 800mg every 8 hours or naproxen 500mg 2x/day and ice your back 20 on/ 20 off. Use the muscle relaxer. Most people feel better with no treatment after 6-8 weeks. Stay active without aggravating the nerve pain/symptoms.

You could check around on the net and see if you can find any good chiropractors in the area. An adjustment and the other treatment they offer could help. Regular maintenance with a chiropractor has helped my back tremendously.

You could check around on the net and see if you can find any good chiropractors in the area. An adjustment and the other treatment they offer could help. Regular maintenance with a chiropractor has helped my back tremendously.

I just got back from mine. That might help you. Decompression is what really helps me. The doc uses a decompression table that stretches me out and at home I use an inversion table.

Real sorry this happened to you on vacation. That really sucks. So the rest of your family is out having fun and you are stuck there all alone in the room? I hope you can get out. Like others said, getting up and walking around might actually help you as long as you don't over do it. I would try to get in either the pool or the ocean because it will make you more "weightless". The sea water even moreso since it is full of salts. You could walk around and stretch etc in the water more easily and that will help avoid hurting yourself worse.

I used to sit on tennis ball on side that hurt for relief.

After hip replacement when it spasmed opioid pain medication for two days made spasm go away. Physical Therapists and Physcians Assistant Both recommended it. I resisted. They were right in my case. Something about disrupting nerve pathways and feedback loops.

Difficult to say what's the cause without doing an exam on you. I know you live in the bay, and can recommend good chiros if need be.

A common cause of unilateral sciatica is piriformis hypertonicity. Because of the location you described, the left butt cheek, I can only assume. The piriformis is responsible for externally rotating your leg. Get on youtube and check out some videos to stretch it out. Hold stretches for 60 seconds.

Got some xrays.

Attachments

• 71BF1EB3-8E26-4D4F-9F3E-F03E5AA302D0.jpeg
    71BF1EB3-8E26-4D4F-9F3E-F03E5AA302D0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members