over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Science behind the BBers diet?

Slyder190

Registered
We all know how complex and simple carbs work, GI index and what not. Is there any rational as to why you primarily see bbers eating lean meat and not so much egg whites any more? And why is it usually always rice, potatoes, and oats? For example you never see say quinoa or low GI fruits. Why is this?

Not sure how much science is behind it versus rice, potatoes are cheap, easy to make, and can be made to taste good

Not sure about the egg whites because all the guys I know are huge on egg whites I drink a cup every day.

At the pro level simple carbs are going to be the main source for the most part because of all the insulin they're taking in

You rarely hear about rice or potatoes being prepared any certain way to taste better as far as adding anything. anything in particular you do?

I never eat rice, pasta and potatoes when in hardcore training mode. All meat, vegetables and lots of fruits.

I also can't go without red meat and never trim the fat before cooking, usually trim some off after for the dog. My body just can't run on lean/white meats, my muscle recovery isn't as good.

personally havent had red meat in years
cant eat it
I dont eat fruit because it doesnt fill up my stomach and feels like I didnt eat, even though calories are equivalent
potatoes exactty the same for me. stomach feels empty
rip through them too fast

quinoa is ok but the soapy exterior (saponins) takes forever to wash off before cooking and I loose alot of it down the drain, so it isnt worth the effort for me

oats and rice do the job
eat 10 egg whites everyday off season or dieting

Goodebrah you brought up a great idea, days when im constantly on the go, cant get all my "food" meals in, so i rely on protein/Karbolyn shakes, actually drinking a cup or two of egg whites a day would b a fantastic way to get some extra quality protein. May i ask how you drink yours? Do you buy the 'egg beaters' or other brands at the supermarket, and drink them raw? I know Wholefoods and Trader Joes' sell the organic ones, but they are not cost effective. I ONLY eat organic eggs btw......would be very interested in your method. Thanks

We cant buy liquid egg whites in my country.

But for eggs free range only! Organic or not. A caged organic chicken produces less nutrients then a happy free range one. I eat 5 whole eggs a day, only free range!

personally havent had red meat in years
cant eat it
I dont eat fruit because it doesnt fill up my stomach and feels like I didnt eat, even though calories are equivalent
potatoes exactty the same for me. stomach feels empty
rip through them too fast

quinoa is ok but the soapy exterior (saponins) takes forever to wash off before cooking and I loose alot of it down the drain, so it isnt worth the effort for me

oats and rice do the job
eat 10 egg whites everyday off season or dieting

What you don't like about fruit, is why I like it.
I can eat larger protein serves in my other meals and sooner because I don't feel full.

Only way I can eat raw eggs is with low fat milk, bananas and Aktavite.

I run chickens on my farm, genuine free range and organic. Don't believe the labels. When organic and free range producers are short on eggs, they will source from any where they can.

What you don't like about fruit, is why I like it.
I can eat larger protein serves in my other meals and sooner because I don't feel full.

large portions are not advantageous when trying to diet and win on stage

larger portion=more calories sugar carbs, + not always considered the best carbs when dieting anyways

larger portion=more calories sugar carbs, + not always considered the best carbs when dieting anyways

thats the biggest debate on here,especially when phil was around. And if BS spikes are why people stay away from fruit. A member here took bg levels 15 30 an 1 hr after meals with protein complex carbs (sweet potato) and protein Pineapple (i believe thats the fruit he ate) and the pineapple containing mostly glucose with some sucrose and fructose were lower respectively. So fruit should be better. However that is not what most people eat. And believe its because of western society diets, and the fact that we see pros do it so we think it has to be the best or right way to do things. Just a food for thought.

The other idea is BG levels after a carb meal has no affect on fat loss over the 24hr period as long as calories are under expenditure. Its really mind boggling to be honest

Most BB'er food is going to be very simplistic because thats how its always been done. The easiest and fastest foods. Throw potatoes in a pot, throw chicken in oven, throw vegetables in pot. Boil bake and eat.

Quinoa is scientifically proven to be one of the healthiest grains you can eat and contains the most protein and essential amino acids. But, most dont want to rinse it, stir it and wait for it to cook.

Personally i love cooking. If money wasn't a factor id be a chief.

Most BB'er food is going to be very simplistic because thats how its always been done. The easiest and fastest foods. Throw potatoes in a pot, throw chicken in oven, throw vegetables in pot. Boil bake and eat.

Quinoa is scientifically proven to be one of the healthiest grains you can eat and contains the most protein and essential amino acids. But, most dont want to rinse it, stir it and wait for it to cook.

Personally i love cooking. If money wasn't a factor id be a chief.

This is a little off topic but I know a few chefs making 6 figures in some hotels/restaurants around here (Miami)... Some don't even break 30 years old... Not sure what you do now though, but you can definitely make a good living being a chef. I love good food, hence why I never stick to a bodybuilding diet lol

You can do what you said with no problem.
Most people preffer those becouse of taste and availability and becouse they dont understand the science behind it and only know "rice is good for you as a carb"

thats the biggest debate on here,especially when phil was around. And if BS spikes are why people stay away from fruit. A member here took bg levels 15 30 an 1 hr after meals with protein complex carbs (sweet potato) and protein Pineapple (i believe thats the fruit he ate) and the pineapple containing mostly glucose with some sucrose and fructose were lower respectively. So fruit should be better. However that is not what most people eat. And believe its because of western society diets, and the fact that we see pros do it so we think it has to be the best or right way to do things. Just a food for thought.

The other idea is BG levels after a carb meal has no affect on fat loss over the 24hr period as long as calories are under expenditure. Its really mind boggling to be honest

all carbs are not equal when it comes to glycogen replenishment. Supplements composed of glucose or glucose polymers are the most effective for replenishment of muscle glycogen, whereas fructose is most beneficial for the replenishment of liver glycogen. glucose sugar or complex carbohydrates would both be a source of muscle, glycogen-replenishing carbs. However, of these two, complex carbs would be much preferred.

all carbs are not equal when it comes to glycogen replenishment. Supplements composed of glucose or glucose polymers are the most effective for replenishment of muscle glycogen, whereas fructose is most beneficial for the replenishment of liver glycogen. glucose sugar or complex carbohydrates would both be a source of muscle, glycogen-replenishing carbs. However, of these two, complex carbs would be much preferred.

i know all that stuff bro, just posted the make up of pineapple if you are unsure its 65% glucose (50 straight glucose) then 30% sucrose (which is 50/50 glucose fructose) and then 5% fructose give or take . So that is why i posted it since glucose is 1 for muscle glycogen

cant remember the member name but search bs or bg fruit on here

Last edited:
We all know how complex and simple carbs work, GI index and what not. Is there any rational as to why you primarily see bbers eating lean meat and not so much egg whites any more? And why is it usually always rice, potatoes, and oats? For example you never see say quinoa or low GI fruits. Why is this?

My meals consist of a mix of egg whites and extra lean ground turkey breast. Plus, rice and veggies. Or a yam and veggies. This is how you stay lean and mean. :D

How do you cook your ground turkey breast? Every time I make it, it's so dry I can barely eat it.

Just a note, I said larger protein serves and not carbs.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131