over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Science of super human strength: TV show on the Science show

Dave_19

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Im watching this show right now it will be playing through out the week. Their is so much dumb stuff in it. They are saying there is some thing called "bigarexia" that is basically the opposite of anorexia with bodybuilders. They are even making androstenedione and creatine look terrible. They are showing stuff from the Arnold classic and Mr. O, and touch on artificial strength in the military. Interesting show, would be worth tivoing. It’s funny to see certain outlooks on this sport.

Bigorexia

Bigorexia was also mentioned on TLC's "The man with the exploding arms" special. The author of a book called "The Adonis Complex" says he got the phrase from other bodybuilders, but doesn't mention the source.

The Adonis Complex is a book that attempts to make the case that kids and men in general have unrealistic views about how thier body could look by training obsessively taking what he calls "harmful compounds" to get bigger muscles and are shortening thier lives.

Although his approach is controversial, he makes good points in regards to the stupidity of some people and how they think that taking a few steroids and no regard for any other aspects of health, training and diet is going to make them hulking men.

Interesting enough, everybody I see around me seems to have health problems. It's their back, or hips, or heart etc etc etc and none of them workout none of them take hormones.

My own family for instance: I have 1 brother and 2 sisters all with bad health problems and we are all over 40 none over 50 ok? Mom died at about 60 dad is keeping his health info from us.. I think he's scared... Drs can't find what's wrong with him.. more tests to come. I still look like I'm 35 seriously and I'm 45 with no health problems 'cept a small ankle problem I caused in a car crash in '02. My body has been through the mill in Bodybuilding and Pre Special Forces with the Army, busted the right side of my body and rebuilt, and I take hormones. Lucky genetics out of my family or hormones slowing the age process? things that make you go hmmmmm.

Honestly from the info I get from the media and these specials on tv, bodybuilders by this time should be dropping like flies considering the amass of hormones taken in the early 80's when they were not really illegal and vvvvvvvery easy to get... really they all should be dying. hmmmmm the special I saw with the guy with the exploding bicep hehehehe cute. One of the old bodybuilding trainers on there was telling his people that the first drop of testosterone that enters their blood from injection lays the ground work for death.. he said it in a way that the first drop stays in your body and slowly kills you like poison by effecting your genetics. hmmmm

If these rocket scientists did their math unbiased and did a cross section of society...they really would find that in groups of hormone users and non users they really would develop health problems at the same rate... test neither sped it up or caused it.

STORM SHADOW

So do you think your average bodybuilder uses more than your genetically superior bodybuilder or the wannabe in the gym? Some people have to learn their life lessons by getting kicked in the teeth. God knows I have so many times I could headline at the Grand ol' Opry.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear