over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Secure Web Hosting

rubdub

Registered
I figured this might be good place to ask about good secure webhosting. I am relatively familar with web design and loading, but I am not that savvy in the web hosting department.

I am thinking about starting a website and I have heard about offshore hosting and how that can sometimes provide an additional layer of protection for the owner of that site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for solid hosting that protects it's clients privacy? Maybe this isn't available, I don't know. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Kaiser is the man to ask I believe, he should be along soon. If not ask for this to be moved over to the Computer section I believe(?) so he can see it.

rubdub said:
I figured this might be good place to ask about good secure webhosting. I am relatively familar with web design and loading, but I am not that savvy in the web hosting department.

I am thinking about starting a website and I have heard about offshore hosting and how that can sometimes provide an additional layer of protection for the owner of that site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for solid hosting that protects it's clients privacy? Maybe this isn't available, I don't know. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, just saw this thread today because Boomshaker bumped it.

On of the best I have heard of is located in the Bahamas:

http://www.securehost.com/

Fast dependable Linux servers with a good pipeline. There are a number of ways you can pay them depending on how anon you need to be. Setting up a Bahamas bank account for direct withdraw is one, paying through Anointeds anon debit card could be another. That would be up to you. Keep in mind however, if you are trying to avoid being caught by the US government, you would need to understand they can basically trace anything if it has some sort of paper trail. Now what you have to understand that there are certain levels of tracing that can take place depending on the level of law enforcement that is apposing you. In other words, municipal police can't track down as much info as state police. State police can't track down as much information as DEA, etc, etc. It all depends on the authority's funding.

If you are looking for something to host something that would be illegal in US, make sure the site you are hosting it from has it legal. In other words, I am not sure if AAS is legal for trade in Bahamas, so if you were going to set something up that had to do with AAS you would need to look up the laws of the offshore country/state you are planning on hosting it from.

Can a mod move this to the computer forum?

Kaiser, if a person is staring a website is that the same as Hosting? Can you explain the differences please?

In Janurary I want to set up a webpage for my own business.(dj related) and is it better to have a offshore web host or that would not apply to me cause I am not trying to be Annon.??? Can you follow or did i loose you? (figured I would put this in the same thread rather then starting a new one on the exact same topic) sorry rubdub.

BOOMSHAKER said:
Kaiser, if a person is staring a website is that the same as Hosting? Can you explain the differences please?

In Janurary I want to set up a webpage for my own business.(dj related) and is it better to have a offshore web host or that would not apply to me cause I am not trying to be Annon.??? Can you follow or did i loose you? (figured I would put this in the same thread rather then starting a new one on the exact same topic) sorry rubdub.

Actually, they are different. Hosting is just where the server resides. You can have a website designer create your website and you can host it on any server you wish once you point your FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) to the server's IP.
It doesn't sound like you need the added expense of an offshore hosting/server. You can use basically any of them for your own DJ business. I like mydomains.com as far as purchasing domain names and hosting is concerned. Their interface is great, they have amazing prices (like $8.50 for a domain name for one year, $14 for 2 years). Web hosting from them start at a measly $5.25 a month. Alot of people are use register.com, but I don't like their capabilities and they are usually over priced.

Awesome Kaiser, thanks again my friend! :st:r-wars

The Bahamas are not secure as far as privacy is concerned. In fact, they are not secure about anything. They have Bilateral MLAT's in force (MUTUAL LEGAL ASSISTANCE TREATIES).

If you are looking for total offshore protection, there is only one country that is above the rest. And it is not Sweden.

Any guesses???:rolleyes:

OBTW - check out securehost's Privacy Policy **broken link removed**

The Iron Bull said:
The Bahamas are not secure as far as privacy is concerned. In fact, they are not secure about anything. They have Bilateral MLAT's in force (MUTUAL LEGAL ASSISTANCE TREATIES).

If you are looking for total offshore protection, there is only one country that is above the rest. And it is not Sweden.

Any guesses???:rolleyes:

OBTW - check out securehost's Privacy Policy **broken link removed**

You seem to have misunderstood my post. There is no place that is totally safe from the U.S. goverment. They created the internet, they still own the backbone and they can do anything with it they want. The point was not to get a web host that is overly secure, because again, that would be a fallacy. The point is to get an off shore webhost where what he was selling would be legal, that has a fast connection, keeps things semi-anonymous, and pay them anonymously through something like Anointeds banking/check card per month OR pay the whole year up front by WU to the website company or a bank in the Bahamas (or whereever the webserver resides). Again, and I stress, there is not a webserver in the world that the U.S. cannot get to. None. It just depends on the amount of heat you bring on as to how much effort they will spend tracking you down.

What about Godaddy.com or dotster.com for web site hosting and web-page making interfaces?

They look pretty good to me, but what the hell do I know:confused:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner