over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Seem to be losing interest

For those who got to a point that they weren’t as interested as they once were in hitting the gym, how did you get back that motivation? Just haven’t been feeling it lately, mainly the weights. Funny bc years ago I’d rarely, if ever go to the gym just to do cardio. But now I find myself doing it more and more. Maybe it’s just not as important to me as it once was?
Take off 6 weeks from the gym and give your body and mind a break.

Yea it’s funny bc I’ve been eating like the “average American” lately and still going to the gym. Makes me feel like I’m doing something, even though my diet has been subpar. It’s wild how your mind can go back and forth. I know I don’t look the way I want bc of my diet, yet I’m still eating whatever, whenever LOL! Eventually I’ll get back on track

Yea it’s funny bc I’ve been eating like the “average American” lately and still going to the gym. Makes me feel like I’m doing something, even though my diet has been subpar. It’s wild how your mind can go back and forth. I know I don’t look the way I want bc of my diet, yet I’m still eating whatever, whenever LOL! Eventually I’ll get back on track

Don't stress about that shit, dude, use as much time as you need

Take a couple days off. Eat a whole apple pie. Don’t fuck up the pie with ice cream on top

Change your split. Also the PL comment is great. It is more fun when you can track progression and have a long term plan. Look into 5/3/1 forever….pick a program with AMRAP sets, and if you start lower training max you can set a PR everytime your in the gym for the first 6-8 weeks.

It’s nice to hit your top set and be like…haha I won today. Then you can either go the fuck home or do your scheduled accessories.

Many times I’ve been a little hungover and tired from a Saturday night UFC bar party. Hit a PR on a barbell movement then went home.

No more guessing if you “did enough”
Wait....Am i NOT supposed to be doing this once a week?

I go completely apeshit if I take more than a couple days off. I took a week off after my show just now and was dying.

My tricks: make it fun, love the process, don't be obsessive. Obsessiveness kills motivation in the long run, when you do things super obsessively because you feel limitless motivation, you are killing that motivation over time. Learn to manage and slowly milk obsessive motivation.

With diet, don't diet all the time, don't restrict calories unless you are actually dieting, pig out frequently even if you eat clean most of the time.

If you're as vain as every other bb'er :D reduce your frequency and volume but keep your intensity high (maybe working up to or near a 3RM or 5RM at least once per week) just to keep you from looking like the average adult male. Over time, hopefully you'll want to put the pedal to the metal again.

Change up your routine...try some exercises or machines that you typically don't use...or just do the movements that you like most and lower the volume if you want..try variations of your current movements(ie. grip width, bar attachment selection etc.)...pick just an exercise or two and do drop sets..whatever it takes to make interesting or "fun" to you.

Let your goal be your motivation, knowing that by "grinding" through this time you are one day closer to achieving that goal! Take it one day at a time. Win TODAY!

Having said that, taking some time off isn't going to hurt you in the long run. If you don't want to train, then don't force it. Take ample time off and refresh. Enjoy life!

Motivation can also be related to what you want to accomplish. After a few decades of training the idea of getting in the best shape ever, driving g up my strength or putting on a ton of muscle has passed me by. So it is more about being fit and healthy is more the goal but there is not as much excitement with that so i am less driven go go to the gym but still haven't really missed a day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131