over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Seem to be losing interest

DK0223

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For those who got to a point that they weren’t as interested as they once were in hitting the gym, how did you get back that motivation? Just haven’t been feeling it lately, mainly the weights. Funny bc years ago I’d rarely, if ever go to the gym just to do cardio. But now I find myself doing it more and more. Maybe it’s just not as important to me as it once was?

Man been there a handful of times in my years got dat when I started a business and just hurt consumed in that so I let y body go. I think the majority of us on this board are obsessive and it’s easy to lose interest with all the eating and dieting and constantly chasing perfection. I think balance is key 80/20.
Life has slowed down for me these past few years so I have a bit more time on my hands and I personally (call me narcissistic if you want) enjoy the attention especially this time of the year. I’m 32 and married love her to death but hey it’s still nice.

Agree with machomadness22. We tend to be perfectionist. Mountain dog suggests loosing the training diary as you get more advanced. His programs also cycle from high to low volume. When I loose interest I jump on a six week very low volume cycle and add lots of intensifiers for fun.

I was there a while back. If you have to take some time off do it. However, have a date you plan to get back in. Change things up and try new exercises so your not going through the motions.

When ever I get bored with lifting I know its time to switch something up. Then I always get the itch to get back to it eventually. You're not a pro and your paycheck does not depend on you going to the gym. So change it up...

Yeah I would take a week or two off from the gym and even a little from your diet. Get your mind right but also see what it feels like not going to the gym and being in that routine. Guarantee you’ll hate that even more and it will be your motivation to go back lol.

Force it, keep forcing it until it becomes just a normal part of your life again. Yea I know that sucks and it's not easy but that's all you can do and always remember why you started in the first place that helps me a lot.

I know a lot of guys will say take time off but I have found that once you stop something, really anything in life that takes effort, it's extremely difficult to go back to it.

But then again if you just don't like it anymore then hey nothing wrong with that, especially if you're still in there exercising you're still better off than 95% of the population.

I’ve stopped lifting several times in my life. But I always find my way back to it and remember how much I really love this shit.

Harder as you get older... not just physically.... but you realise other things in life are more important.

Take a couple days off. Eat a whole apple pie. Don’t fuck up the pie with ice cream on top

Change your split. Also the PL comment is great. It is more fun when you can track progression and have a long term plan. Look into 5/3/1 forever….pick a program with AMRAP sets, and if you start lower training max you can set a PR everytime your in the gym for the first 6-8 weeks.

It’s nice to hit your top set and be like…haha I won today. Then you can either go the fuck home or do your scheduled accessories.

Many times I’ve been a little hungover and tired from a Saturday night UFC bar party. Hit a PR on a barbell movement then went home.

No more guessing if you “did enough”

Great replies, thank you! Yea honestly I think I’ll just keep “forcing” myself to go, but if I’m not feeling weights, fuk it I’ll just do cardio. Hey at least I’m doing something lol

This hit me when I had my sons and started a business all while working a 40 hour job. I just quit caring. For about 2 months I lived like the average American. Eating burgers, hot dogs,chips and drinking soda. At the end of those 2 months I felt so toxic, it was a no brainer to go back to the gym. My first day back…… I was like FUCK I LOVE THIS SHIT. Why did I ever leave.

Honestly, I'm right there with you right now. For almost three months, I was mostly out of the gym. I felt a little run down and just lost interest, of course my lazy ass was still visiting this board every day

Just give it however much time you need. I've been through phases like this. Don't force yourself back into it full force, either; you'll just hit reverse, eventually, and may just say fuck it. Don't feel like you've gotta be breaking records right off the bat. I want in this morning for back width and thickness, I really haven't lost much visually but I completely lost my training weights! It was hard to not let it fuck with my head. But I know that within a month of consistency, I'll be right back to where I was, if not better

Hang in there, shit happens. You ain't gotta keep going full throttle, but at least keep going

Are you stressed out. Is the cardio driving you down as that can be tougher to recover from. Sleep and eating online. Over the decades i have not taken time from the gym, but when I would get burned out i would change my training, train some where different. At the end of summer i used to stop training legs for a few weeks and stop the cardio as they were getting taxed from all the work getting/staying in shape. Or switch to higher reps and not push it hard. Life is for living. If you don't want to go to the gym don't. But if you want you can try something new.

why do u have to go to the gym? no one's forcing u. if u dont wanna go, dont go.
its simple. motivation? that could be when u look in the mirror and dont like what u see. at that point.....motivation.

why do u have to go to the gym? no one's forcing u. if u dont wanna go, dont go.
its simple. motivation? that could be when u look in the mirror and dont like what u see. at that point.....motivation.

It really is this simple

Give it the time it needs. When it needs to, it will come back

I was there awhile back and still have a few of those days. One thing I do is I at least make the trip to the gym, maybe do a few half-assed sets, then leave, so I at least have the mind connection with the place. Usually in a couple days I'm fired-up and ready to go back at it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131