over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Self adminster cortison shot

iron lifter

Registered
Newbies
I have the below left over from last year when i saw my doctor. they injected i am not sure maybe half of it into my right bicep tendon since its been a chronic issue. she said keep it if you need to come back to see me. i can't get in for months but i have it at home. it worked for like 9 months but its acting up again.

anyone know if its just draw and inject or is there some special way to prepare. I was gonna inject similar to my bpc injections which i was told to inject 1 inch above left and right of the site of pain as gravity pulls the medicine downwards as it settles.

1649361446015.png

i got it done 9 months ago and it was fine. i think this one is better on the tendons. anyways i can do that i thought it was easy she did it in 3 mins total. i had no issues in gym i took it easy for a few weeks and ramped back up. i don't do free weights anymore anyways and always train with feel.

what is the reason for not doing it yourself? is it not same as bpc or tb injections?

I have the below left over from last year when i saw my doctor. they injected i am not sure maybe half of it into my right bicep tendon since its been a chronic issue. she said keep it if you need to come back to see me. i can't get in for months but i have it at home. it worked for like 9 months but its acting up again.

anyone know if its just draw and inject or is there some special way to prepare. I was gonna inject similar to my bpc injections which i was told to inject 1 inch above left and right of the site of pain as gravity pulls the medicine downwards as it settles.

View attachment 155525
Do NOT inject cortisone into your bicep tendon!! Injecting cortisone near the distal bicep tendon will make it prone to rupturing. You need to give it rest and allow it to heal. Then change the way you are training biceps. If that doesn’t work you may need an MRI and possible surgery.

I got methylprednisolone many years ago for an injection into the inflamed area of a bulged disk. But that was given by a machine arm flouroscopically (it was close to spine). It worked and 20 years later it's been fine. Even if moving heavy weight. The small amount of prednisone in a muscle or tendon won't be the death of you but I'd just go have it done right.I have no idea why she sent it home with you

I know way to fucking many guys who ruptured tendons and ligaments after repeated cortisone injections. My friend was smart and honest enough to steer me away from them entirely. They heal nothing. They are a double edge sword band aid.

Cortisone softens/weakens tissues so it can cause things to wear out sooner as well as helps reduce inflammation. It is a short term solution at best for most.

I know a guy that got too many injections and ended up with heart trouble. It has effects all over the body.

cause im at work posting and the bottle is at home lol.
All I can say is you have an idiot for a doctor and I’d go get another one pronto. I’d sue them for malpractice and you’d win that guaranteed. Send a pic of the bottle I want to see it bro.

Even if you took your prednisone vial into an ortho or sports medicine doc, they sure as hell wouldn't use yours. They would have a refrigerator half full of it.

This all smells funny.

Even if you took your prednisone vial into an ortho or sports medicine doc, they sure as hell wouldn't use yours. They would have a refrigerator half full of it.

This all smells funny.
Exactly. Too much liability there.

First off I find this thread to be a troll thread. Zero doctors would ever hand a patient injectable steroid. The idea of this is laughable.

There is nothing wrong with using it in the right circumstance though. Im surprised for all the replies saying negativity about it.

No you don’t want to inject it too frequently as it can weaken connective tissue. Dorian is an example. We inject this stuff and similar nonstop at work and I have never seen anyone tear anything following a steroid injection but also dealing with general public.

It can weaken connective tissue. It can increase rate of joint degeneration. It has side effects. So I would use it sparingly in any circumstance. And for most I would only have a doctor inject it. But if you use it sparingly and rehab an area like you should before and after using it I don’t see anything wrong with it. If you post on PM asking how to use it you probably shouldn’t use it. I have injected myself for therapeutic reasons in past and would inject myself with cortisone but I see this stuff done all day every day.

First off I find this thread to be a troll thread. Zero doctors would ever hand a patient injectable steroid. The idea of this is laughable.

There is nothing wrong with using it in the right circumstance though. Im surprised for all the replies saying negativity about it.

No you don’t want to inject it too frequently as it can weaken connective tissue. Dorian is an example. We inject this stuff and similar nonstop at work and I have never seen anyone tear anything following a steroid injection but also dealing with general public.

It can weaken connective tissue. It can increase rate of joint degeneration. It has side effects. So I would use it sparingly in any circumstance. And for most I would only have a doctor inject it. But if you use it sparingly and rehab an area like you should before and after using it I don’t see anything wrong with it. If you post on PM asking how to use it you probably shouldn’t use it. I have injected myself for therapeutic reasons in past and would inject myself with cortisone but I see this stuff done all day every day.
Ask any NFL player if he's ever had a cortisone or prednisone injection and see how many say no. Probably none. Abused over years, sure, probably awful for you. Keeping cortisol low is clutch for muscle growth. But for shrinking inflammation? Excellent. That's why I said this all smells funny to be handed the remaining contents of a multi-use vial and say, "Bring this with you next time." That's very weird. But maybe not in some countries, who knows....

Ask any NFL player if he's ever had a cortisone or prednisone injection and see how many say no. Probably none. Abused over years, sure, probably awful for you. Keeping cortisol low is clutch for muscle growth. But for shrinking inflammation? Excellent. That's why I said this all smells funny to be handed the remaining contents of a multi-use vial and say, "Bring this with you next time." That's very weird. But maybe not in some countries, who knows....
I guy I know who lived in Africa said you must bring your own supplies to the hospital despite the situation. So yeah, I could maybe see this happening somewhere in the world but not the USA.

"Self adminster administer cortison cortisone shot"​

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75