over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Self coaching VS having a coach?

DEPENDS.

Actually NOBODY will better know what’s going inside of you.
Nobody knows better your body than you.

Ofc. there are check-ins and all other things, but it’s still inside of you, if you know how to listen to your body and stay consistency, true to your self then you are your best coach.

BUT. at end of the prep your mind may go crazy, at this moment it’s good to have SOMEONE who you can trust and listen to their opinion then do some changes in your plan.
Yea I agree 100% and I think, even though I coach like most of us on here, only people who know you will really invest beyond just the $$. It’s why I limit how many I do and I interview my people before I take them on. There are so many cookie cutter coaches r that put all their effort into marketing over their actual clients. Obviously this isn’t everyone but it’s most especially coaches who have never won, placed, or even competed.

I feel personally attacked……

I’ve been going back and forth with @TheOtherOne55 as he has graciously accepted the role of helping me on the comeback to the gym. He asked what do you want me to do? I said “I’m dumping it all on you”

LOL.
Lol. Offloading would imply that the athlete doesn't want to do the work - I doubt that's your situation 👍

I went pro self coached. Did my pro debut without a coach as well.

But now that I want to place well or at least see what I'm truly capable of, hiring a coach is the best bet. I don't doubt we can do it on our own but why waste time?

I hired Luki a little while ago (since then I got sick, got married and am now sick once again, lol at my luck) and have had no regrets what so ever. At his prices its honestly a no brainer. If you can afford it, hire a coach.

way to avoid answering. so without any clarification of what this, not sure you can opine
Why would I not be able to opine?

Criteria for being a good pro varies by division. Placings are probably the biggest determining factor.

Two equally good bodybuilders. One has a well known coach whom the judges know and like, the other is coaching himself and has done an equally wonderful job.

I think reality is that the one with the coach will place higher. The winning competitor, of course, will assume that he won because of the great coaching, when in reality he looked no better than the other.

But the one with the coach nevertheless placed higher. We should not pretend that politics and money do not play a decisive role in placings now, and that having a popular coach does not play into that as well.

Yea I agree 100% and I think, even though I coach like most of us on here, only people who know you will really invest beyond just the $$. It’s why I limit how many I do and I interview my people before I take them on. There are so many cookie cutter coaches r that put all their effort into marketing over their actual clients. Obviously this isn’t everyone but it’s most especially coaches who have never won, placed, or even competed.
Actually I’m working with 40 ppl per month. Was working with 120/130 it was too much. Even doing it full time.

Less is more. And to be honest today more guys need a psychiatrist than a coach.

Well now that's some really poor coaching 😂
JK
LMAO

I recently started one on one personal training. Before that I worked in isolation, I think it's just a shock to my immune system being in a crowded gym.

Actually I’m working with 40 ppl per month. Was working with 120/130 it was too much. Even doing it full time.

Less is more. And to be honest today more guys need a psychiatrist than a coach.

👍

If I work with more than 10-12 a month, even doing it full time, I feel like I'm doing it raggedly.
Feels somewhat grossly careless to me, but I should admit that I'm an OCD perfectionist...

We’ll said and I capped it when I got to 50 for their performance and my sanity bc if you truly invest it’s too many for me, I like 20-25 but I coach myself and meal prep for me and several of them. And yes most of us are head fucked my wife is in mental health and I give as much therapy as she does lol

6/7 check ins working 6 days a week is fine for me.

But the “worst” part is time between check ins. Sometimes your WhatsApp/messenger just burn.

Also the energy you have to give to other guys when it’s comes about mental health, it’s good to listen, it’s good to say something good but don’t even try to keep it inside of you, one year and you will be f*cked.

Don’t keep others problems inside of you.

Anyway, today many guys hire coach for the name.

“I’m coached by…” my ego is in the sky, a lot of bullshit and they do nothing.

Coaching is a long story.

6/7 check ins working 6 days a week is fine for me.

But the “worst” part is time between check ins. Sometimes your WhatsApp/messenger just burn.

Also the energy you have to give to other guys when it’s comes about mental health, it’s good to listen, it’s good to say something good but don’t even try to keep it inside of you, one year and you will be f*cked.

Don’t keep others problems inside of you.

Anyway, today many guys hire coach for the name.

“I’m coached by…” my ego is in the sky, a lot of bullshit and they do nothing.

Coaching is a long story.
Full time would be a chore so I applaud anyone who does. I do enjoy the process though. I help a handful of guys/girls in person and online but I always have to make sure they “want it.” I’ve done regular Joe Schmoe transformation stuff before and the vast majority of them don’t have the will power nor can they push themselves on a diet. It’s so much easier with gym rats and dudes who are motivated to turn into tanks.

Full time would be a chore so I applaud anyone who does. I do enjoy the process though. I help a handful of guys/girls in person and online but I always have to make sure they “want it.” I’ve done regular Joe Schmoe transformation stuff before and the vast majority of them don’t have the will power nor can they push themselves on a diet. It’s so much easier with gym rats and dudes who are motivated to turn into tanks.
True but also depends. Sometimes it’s like “I want it so bad, I’m 100% all in, give me stuff, 10 hours of cardio, I can do everything” ends up after 2 weeks because he was under the influence of emotions after something bad in his/her life, also the motivation is for a hour, maybe 2 hours. What makes you stay in this s*it is self discipline.

Another thing working with ppl online is hard to deal due to their atitude with workouts.

Some guys just go to the gym and press weight from point a to point b without any involvement, fighting with the weight, don’t even think about sets to failure.

True but also depends. Sometimes it’s like “I want it so bad, I’m 100% all in, give me stuff, 10 hours of cardio, I can do everything” ends up after 2 weeks because he was under the influence of emotions after something bad in his/her life, also the motivation is for a hour, maybe 2 hours. What makes you stay in this s*it is self discipline.

Another thing working with ppl online is hard to deal due to their atitude with workouts.

Some guys just go to the gym and press weight from point a to point b without any involvement, fighting with the weight, don’t even think about sets to failure.
I can deal with the ups and downs of motivation IF they are gym rats. But gen pop is truly difficult. I want to give them macros and make adjustments and get them big or lean… I don’t want to explain why chicken breast is better than a bag of chips. Basically, the more advanced they are, the better I feel I can guarantee results lol

Just getting gen pop to understand macros is hard enough. I also PREFER not handling workouts. As long as someone trains hard, anythng and everything works.
I find many more people cant line up the nutrition versus the training part.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear