over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Semi-Good/Semi-Healthy Sweets?

old timer

Registered
The quitting sugar thread got me to thinking all sweets aren't the same. What's some of your semi-good sweets that you eat? Examples that I like are:

Peanut butter and banana
Fruit mixture (normally grapes, blueberries, and blackberries) and I sprinkle a little Truvia on it too
Two packages of Raisin, Dates, and Walnut Oatmeal (11g sugar per pkg) and I add ~1 Tbs more walnuts

So what do you eat when you're wanting something sweet but you don't want a donut, piece of cake or pie, (etc)?

My go-to sweets are fairly minimal. You could try something along the lines of 72% Cacao or higher percentage dark chocolate. There are several different embedded flavors to help enrich the antioxidant phytonutrients of dark chocolate. Stay away from cacao that's processed by way of Dutching. The process of Dutch processing via alkalization lowers the natural flavanols. Which takes away from the health benefits of cacao.

Occasional I'll have a variety of freeze dried fruits mixed with almonds, walnuts, brazilian nuts and macadamia nuts.

Otherwise, I'm not much for sugary foods.

Lily's chocolate

Almond butter mixed with monkfruit, vanilla and/or cacao powder

100% dark chocolate,,
Love peanut butter,, but I can eat a whole jar!! Like I'm possessed 😆.. I put a spoon in a protien shake ( usually chocolate flavour) n almond or coconut milk with loads of ice,, so like a milkshake,,,, ( I usually have a few different flavour protien powders so can have a change n dont get bored, or add cinnamon,, or nutmeg,, like a protien witch )🤣
I get loads of different flavoured sugar free green tea to alternate through the day

Cut up watermelon, pineapple, or really any fruit (but especially those two) that has been sitting in the fridge for a few hours so it's cold and crisp.

Few scoops of protein, mix enough almond milk to get out lumps and stick it in the freezer. In a few hours, it takes on a texture similar enough to ice cream.

Frozen berries with greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Helps to be frozen as well lol. Just fuckin freeze everything.

Cottage cheese or yoghurt with the likes of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, macadamias, sunflower seeds etc.

Yoghurt mixed with fruit flavoured EAA's plus any of the above.

Dark chocolate. Although probably around 70% if you want some sweetness as when you go higher the bitterness takes over. I would recommend 70-76% so you get some of the health benefits but a bit of a sweet kick as well. Although dark chocolate with certain fruits can be great if you want added sweetness (compliments the bitterness well).

Watermelon, pineapple, passion fruit, kiwi, mangoe, grapes, apples, oranges, apricots etc.

Dried fruits such as dates, sultanas, figs, blackcurrants, goji berries, cranberries etc... again in yoghurt, cottage cheese, oats or with some dark chocolate.

If doing coffee you could do an iced coffee made with coconut and rice milk (rice milk is very sweet) then you add some coconut sugar for extra sweetness.

Protein smoothies made with whey isolate, oats and fruits etc. My fav being synthepure, pineapple, oats, frozen mixed berries and water.

You can also be creative adding sweetness to your normal meals. An example could be chicken and rice. For that you could add some paprika and chilli flakes to the chicken and then drizzle it with a little honey. Then add some cranberries in with the rice.

Double post.

Oats/COR + chocolate whey + PB + some SF chocolate syrup

OR

FF Greek Yogurt + scoop of whey + PB + frozen berries. Mix up, throw in freezer for 30 mins. Enjoy.

Cut dates in half and fill with peanut butter/dark chocolate chips

Lily's chocolate

My girlfriend discovered these Lily's bars a few months ago I have a few pieces every now and then. They come in a variety of flavors with no sugar - milk chocolate, dark chocolate, salted caramel, coconut, etc.

If you don't eat real chocolate regularly they'll definitely satisfy your cravings.

My best sweet tooth craving killer has been my protein smoothies. Peanut butter, bananas, mixed berries, 50 grams protein powder, and some ice. I use frozen berries too bc it adds more coldness.

The berries arent the best for you... They have some sugar, but it eliminates my craving for ice cream and its just as tasty.

Frozen black/blue/rasp berries with lower carb/higher protein strawberry greek yogurt

sometimes post workout. I do a package of sugar free/fat free jello pudding with 1 scoop whey and miz with Fairlife skim milk.....51g protein 36g carbs, 0 fat

Frozen black/blue/rasp berries with lower carb/higher protein strawberry greek yogurt

sometimes post workout. I do a package of sugar free/fat free jello pudding with 1 scoop whey and miz with Fairlife skim milk.....51g protein 36g carbs, 0 fat

I just had the same berry mix in my smoothie. It blends up and gives such a great flavor. I make my version of PB and J shakes with it and add a scoop of peanut butter. So good

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131