over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sepsis

So hows your kidney function now?
The affected one that is.

Prednisone isn't an antibiotic. It's a corticosteroid. Reduces inflammation. Just fyi.
I know. It was prescribed to reduce the inflammation in my back. I was misdiagnosed with a pinched nerve in my back rather than the kidney infection that I had.

I have stage 3 chronic kidney disease.
Sorry if you mentioned it already but how old are you?
Did you have decreased kidney function prior to the infection?

Has anyone here ever had sepsis or went into septic shock? It happened to me. I lost 44 pounds of muscle and a great deal of strength. Because of sepsis I will never be as big and strong as I was prior. I was near death on arrival to the ER. The hospital had a priest come over and administer last rights. I would be interested to hear how it affected others.
Why do you say you'll never be as big and strong? I had two septic shocks starting 2-3 weeks after a horible motorcycle accident. I was in and out of hospital for 8 mounths, was on iv infustion antibotics for 4-5 months (4 hours a day 7 day a week).
I used to think the same thing. 4 years later im now the biggest ive been.

So many times in my life docters told me I was screwed.

Has anyone here ever had sepsis or went into septic shock? It happened to me. I lost 44 pounds of muscle and a great deal of strength. Because of sepsis I will never be as big and strong as I was prior. I was near death on arrival to the ER. The hospital had a priest come over and administer last rights. I would be interested to hear how it affected others.

Unfortunately had it several times. When I was on dialysis, I had a chest catheter for dialysis. Unfortunately they are prone to infection and it goes right into your blood. It sucked royally but down the road I finally came up with a dressing protocol to prevent it from getting infected anymore. I didn't have to worry about losing much weight or strength as being on dialysis had already taken care of that for me.

Prednisone isn't an antibiotic. It's a corticosteroid. Reduces inflammation. Just fyi.
Yeah, that's what the hospital gave him i think when they misdiagnosed him.

I went to the emergency room on 12/01/19 with abdominal pain near the solar plexus. They did a CT scan and said it was my gall bladder. I had to wait til 12/03/19 to have it removed because the surgeon was so busy. My gall bladder was gangrenous and I had sepsis. I had a total of 8 JP drains installed to get rid of the poison. I was in the hospital 44 days and lost 60 pounds. I was lucky I had the mass to lose or I would've died. The doc was surprised I hung in there. After I was released I gained 47 pounds back in 199 days. I'm gonna stay at this weight until I can get my strength back. On 06/18/20 I had an incisional hernia repaired. The radiologist had used an incision to put a JP drain tube in and it didn't heal correctly. I blew it open. I'm healthy now but am taking it slow in the gym (I'm 62).

Sorry if you mentioned it already but how old are you?
Did you have decreased kidney function prior to the infection?

I am 61, was 55 at the time I had sepsis. I had no kidney issues prior to sepsis. While I was in ICU with sepsis they had to put me on dialysis because my kidneys shut down.

Sorry to hear this happen to you but at 61 how big and strong do you want to be? I swear I just read you were 260. That sounds pretty large man

Wondering how so many on here have had this. What caused your 2 cases? I had an infection that got bad with a fever but they never called it sepsis. I guess it hadn't spread to the blood stream yet. Mine was caused by an abscess from an injection gone bad. I didnt have to be hospitalized, but did have to get surgery to remove a small chunk of my ass.

well, the first one was from missing IV inj's of diluadid (clean now for quite some time) in my calves/ankles., the 2nd was from 5cc of bad deca (hospital for a month, 1/3 or more of my hip/glute cut out, thats the one that really really almost killed me... had a number of Drs say most ppl die well before they get to the point i reached), 3rd IM expired B12 from mexico. all 3 of those times also had kidney failure. 3rd my CK levels were 50k+ and was pissing out what looked like cola soda, had delt surgery that night and emergency bicep surgery about a month later. at the time i was reckless, obviously, and have the scars to show for it now. live and learn.

well, the first one was from missing IV inj's of diluadid (clean now for quite some time) in my calves/ankles., the 2nd was from 5cc of bad deca (hospital for a month, 1/3 or more of my hip/glute cut out, thats the one that really really almost killed me... had a number of Drs say most ppl die well before they get to the point i reached), 3rd IM expired B12 from mexico. all 3 of those times also had kidney failure. 3rd my CK levels were 50k+ and was pissing out what looked like cola soda, had delt surgery that night and emergency bicep surgery about a month later. at the time i was reckless, obviously, and have the scars to show for it now. live and learn.
This is your Jam Pusher!

You had a bed MD, they should put you one Cationic peptides. Cationic peptides have been found to have activity against both Gram negative and Gram positive bacteria as well as fungi, eukaryotic parasites, and viruses. You will be able to put back almost all the muscle you lost, I have helped other people with sepsis.

Well, a number of us on here have had problems like your's. You arent alone. Glad you are ok now.

Almost lost my brother to sepsis, after he ignored a tooth infection. Can't cut off the head to save the body.

Why do you say you'll never be as big and strong? I had two septic shocks starting 2-3 weeks after a horible motorcycle accident. I was in and out of hospital for 8 mounths, was on iv infustion antibotics for 4-5 months (4 hours a day 7 day a week).
I used to think the same thing. 4 years later im now the biggest ive been.

So many times in my life docters told me I was screwed.

Damn, you've had some rough times.

Do you still ride?

Damn, you've had some rough times.

Do you still ride?
Ya, only on the track now. But I dont fit in my suit anymore and havnt been very motivated to get a new one at the moment. Both my bikes need work too lol

This is your Jam Pusher!

yea, that was my life/mindset for a few years. since 2016 i've had 3 bicep surgeries, 3 shoulder surgeries, 2 hip surgeries, a calve surgery, kidney failure at least 3x, rhabdo 2-3x (that i remember), sepsis a few times, pancreatitis a number of times, endocarditis and cellulitis (3x). (and grade 3 dislocated/fractured ankle, broken tibia, torn acl, and broken/displaced 1st metacarpal)... as well as a handfull of overdoses (EMT's taking a 260/220 blood pressure's with heartrate above 200(tachycardia) after those as well.. could've very easily had a heart attack AFTER the overdoses)

was rough for a while there, but your body adapts and recovers. IMO/IME the mental aspect is what holds people back from 'recovering' or returning to 'old form' more than anything... for instance the guy who said 'he'll never regain his former physique' or whatever it was, i can't relate to that. thoughts like those never cross my mind. It never occurs to me that something might not work, or i might not be able to achieve what i want. kinda reminds me of some shit i tell clients from time to time, "when you dare aspire upward, you reveal the inadequacies of the present and promise for a better future... down is a lot easier than up. it's easy to Not do, Not care, Not try. it's easy to surround yourself with people who are bad for you. A 'good', positive, healthy person is an ideal. It requires strength and daring to stand near such as person."... once the 'illness' is over, it's back to business and i don't think about it until something like this thread reminds me "oh yea, i've had some speedbumps i forgot about".

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131