over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Serious post. How does one know if you have the "genetics" to make it

Getting your pro card is a short term goal?

So I would imagine you have hit the following goals already then right?

Won a local show....won a state show...qualified for nationals...placed top 5 nationally...wait just saw you have only done 2 shows.

Working your way up the ladder pretty fast and easily is how to tell if you "have it" IMO.

Regardless...i think you look great and can go further than most.

sorry.....short term meaning 5 year range. Also I am from Canada the qualification system is a lil diffrent. But thanks!

In all honesty just getting a pro card is not worth all the time, money, and sacrifice to get there. There are more than a few guys with pro cards that will never be able to stand with the few genetic mutants that make it to the Olympia stage. Estimate how much money you would have spent on drugs,nutrition and supplements over the next 10 years and think how much you could have made by investing it wisely. Enjoy the gym as a hobby and live for your health, family and career instead. I see your physique as having the possibility of maybe making it as a middle of the road competitor at a national level. There is nothing to be gained financially or otherwise here. I meant no disrespect and apologize in advance if I have offended you.

In all honesty just getting a pro card is not worth all the time, money, and sacrifice to get there. There are more than a few guys with pro cards that will never be able to stand with the few genetic mutants that make it to the Olympia stage. Estimate how much money you would have spent on drugs,nutrition and supplements over the next 10 years and think how much you could have made by investing it wisely. Enjoy the gym as a hobby and live for your health, family and career instead. I see your physique as having the possibility of maybe making it as a middle of the road competitor at a national level. There is nothing to be gained financially or otherwise here. I meant no disrespect and apologize in advance if I have offended you.

No...no offence taken.. I posted this for a reason ahah.

Thanks brother.

GREAT post Tom, Finally a clear and rational response to this question.

When Jay Cutler sees you pumping up behind stage before you step on to compete and asks you if you're sponsored. If not and he says well you should be well then you should know you have something special ;). At least that's what happened to Phil Heath and now he's 2x Mr. Olympia.

I have talked to a lot of pros and some just new pros who haven't even done their pro-debut yet. From talking to these guys they make a living off of it and they haven't even stepped onto a pro stage yet. He is sponsored by Met-Rx, you guys may know who I am talking about.

Some people can make a living off of bodybuilding without being big name pros, but you have to consider if they're the exception or the rule. Most non-top pros are not very marketable and their sponsorship money barely covers food, drugs and living expenses. It doesn't leave much for extra comforts.

Ask yourself if you want to live meagerly or if you want to live comfortably. One route might leave you with a pro card and shitty finances, while the other leaves you with a decent physique, and money in your wallet to enjoy other parts of life.

I see a lot of top npc guys/low rank pros who are living out of a small apartment without nice things, barely paying the bills, all so that they can be in a magazine once in a while. Is that really worth it?

Last edited:
Some people can make a living off of bodybuilding without being big name pros, but you have to consider if they're the exception or the rule. Most non-top pros are not very marketable and their sponsorship money barely covers food, drugs and living expenses. It doesn't leave much for extra comforts.

Ask yourself if you want to live meagerly or if you want to live comfortably. One route might leave you with a pro card and shitty finances, while the other leaves you with a decent physique, and money in your wallet to enjoy other parts of life.

I see a lot of top npc guys/low rank pros who are living out of a small apartment without nice things, barely paying the bills, all so that they can be in a magazine once in a while. Is that really worth it?
depends on how much you love it man.

Do you guys believe GH has an anabolic growth effect in the same way as Test? Or is it just for staying lean and helping metabolize more food?

Don't really have the money for real GH so I was wondering how necessary it was for explosive growth.

You look great in those pics. And if you don't have the genetics to go all the way, then no one does, IMO.

As for GH, I am no expert, but have been researching for a while. I think it is more about the food and gear than GH. As long as you are putting on a solid 10 lbs per year or so, don't waste your money on GH, until you can hire a pro level trainer to help you and to keep you from getting GH gut. Those are my 2 cents. Best of luck to you. I think you have a bright future. :headbang:

When Jay Cutler sees you pumping up behind stage before you step on to compete and asks you if you're sponsored. If not and he says well you should be well then you should know you have something special ;). At least that's what happened to Phil Heath and now he's 2x Mr. Olympia.

that road is prob the one least traveled to get there. but a good story none the less

Bla bla bla. Preachers. He said he wants a pro card..not compete. Won Olympia. If anything. A procard...

Being a canuck it is different... Two tiers before national show (think northamericans)
Did u place in the heavyweight.class In London was it??

Now just curious. Who prepped you for.the show..? U doing the June's?
I agree and think u have great shape , hell. Go back and look at foaud... Weighed 205#.or 195# do u think hw had what it took?? If u have the money, the mental tough.ess. then likely. It just all depends who shows up...

Bla bla bla. Preachers. He said he wants a pro card..not compete. Won Olympia. If anything. A procard...

Being a canuck it is different... Two tiers before national show (think northamericans)
Did u place in the heavyweight.class In London was it??

Now just curious. Who prepped you for.the show..? U doing the June's?
I agree and think u have great shape , hell. Go back and look at foaud... Weighed 205#.or 195# do u think hw had what it took?? If u have the money, the mental tough.ess. then likely. It just all depends who shows up...

Hey bro..you a fellow Canadian? I placed third in London as a heavyweight. Prepped with Van Wyck.

First, I think you have good shape man. With that said, I have to be honest and say that (at least in the US) that conditioning wouldn't stand on a national stage. If you can continue to grow and suffer a bit more coming in then I think you will do well!

Ahh yes
3rd. Awesome..
Yeah a canuck up in here .. ktown
U definitely have a great build AMD the perfect size frame to.fill out. Bring that back up wide and thick u in the money. Shape is there. Coming from a guy with no Lats. Haha

ahah willl do.

thanks

If getting a pro card is a dream of yours or something your truly passionate about then by all mofo means go for it homeboy and let NO ONE deter you. No one here can predict your future..... Understand this, in life it's not always about the result but the journey. So go get your grind on K7 and good luck to you!!!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear