over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

SERIOUS QUESTION: EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING

ghostdog128 said:
not true, ephedrine will show up on a drug test as L-Amphetamine. The L designation means it's ephedrine and any tester worth their salt knows the difference. You'll be fine.
Here in Oz, if you have ephid. you'll go positive for amphets. You will be denied employment. The people doing the testing are doing a basic screen. The test does not tell them what the compund is, it just comes back positive! These are basic low cost drug screen tests. Cheap and nasty. Most employers will not use a lab for their testing! Too expensive. Hell these test kits have returned a positive for cold and flu meds! They return a positive for amphets and opioids.

ghostdog128 said:
not true, ephedrine will show up on a drug test as L-Amphetamine. The L designation means it's ephedrine and any tester worth their salt knows the difference. You'll be fine.

Very good to know, I was a little worried there. Thanks.

oldfella said:
Here in Oz, if you have ephid. you'll go positive for amphets. You will be denied employment. The people doing the testing are doing a basic screen. The test does not tell them what the compund is, it just comes back positive! These are basic low cost drug screen tests. Cheap and nasty. Most employers will not use a lab for their testing! Too expensive. Hell these test kits have returned a positive for cold and flu meds! They return a positive for amphets and opioids.

I see your point but, a basic test still shouln't test positive for ephedrine it should be built into the test because it's a different chemical structure than D-amphetamine. Plus if you test positive you can request to have your sample tested by Gas-liquid chromatography and you bet your ass I would if I lost out on a good paying job. That's why drug test are shit. There have been lawsuits regarding this, a woman in Cali was denied a job because she had a poppy seed bagel the morning of her test and tested pos for opioids. She was awarded over 300k in damages.. Businesses need to start watching out for this. If you test pos for ephedrine request to have your sample gas tested, if they refuse threaten a lawsuit.

Last edited:
ghostdog128 said:
I see your point but, a basic test still shouln't test positive for ephedrine it should be built into the test because it's a different chemical structure than D-amphetamine. Plus if you test positive you can request to have your sample tested by Gas-liquid chromatography and you bet your ass I would if I lost out on a good paying job. That's why drug test are shit. There have been lawsuits regarding this, a woman in Cali was denied a job because she had a poppy seed bagel the morning of her test and tested pos for opioids. She was awarded over 300k in damages.. Businesses need to start watching out for this. If you test pos for ephedrine request to have your sample gas tested, if they refuse threaten a lawsuit.
Yes you are correct. it is the mining companies here that get away with this type of testing. It is the mentality, which I call mining town mentality to blame for this. They try to blame their woeful safety records and tragic deaths in the work place on the individual so as to shift liability from them selves and shody safety practices. It is the long shifts and fatigue factor to blame in many circumstances.

absolutely Oldfella, I worked in a different industry but I saw it there as well. When I was in Iraq we would sometimes be out on patrol for 36-72 hours before refitting. There's no way anyone can remain alert and focused under those kind of conditions..

I remember once I was in the turret after about 40 hours on patrol and it was early morning around 6am the sun was just coming up and I swore I saw a squad of insurgents run across the street right in front of our hummer. They were all in line like a bunch of ducks, I actually fired on them, well the figment I saw...LOL

To this day I haven't lived that one down..

ghostdog128 said:
absolutely Oldfella, I worked in a different industry but I saw it there as well. When I was in Iraq we would sometimes be out on patrol for 36-72 hours before refitting. There's no way anyone can remain alert and focused under those kind of conditions..

I remember once I was in the turret after about 40 hours on patrol and it was early morning around 6am the sun was just coming up and I swore I saw a squad of insurgents run across the street right in front of our hummer. They were all in line like a bunch of ducks, I actually fired on them, well the figment I saw...LOL

To this day I haven't lived that one down..
Question is Did you hit any of them:) ?

no, I'm not talking about the military, no idea what they test for

I found some info on that you may want to read.

**broken link removed**

At almost all the bases there are always groups of serious bodybuilders and powerlifters. If they notice any of the "textbook" side affects, then they'll probably request a test for steroids.

MavMange said:
I found some info on that you may want to read.

**broken link removed**

At almost all the bases there are always groups of serious bodybuilders and powerlifters. If they notice any of the "textbook" side affects, then they'll probably request a test for steroids.

I can tell you first hand that they won't test for it.. and even the people that piss hot right now are having nothing done to them .. the military can't afford to lose anyone right now. they aren't prosecuting anyone. My unit had 27 people piss hot, 8 for coke, 9 for opioids, not one of them got kicked out. Article 15 was the most severe punishment. We couldn't afford to lose anyone our company would have been combat ineffective.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear