over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Serious thoughts only!

Armageddon

Kilo Klub Member
I did something today that I'm not sure. I looked into joining the army, and I'm not too sure what I think about this. I took their test and scored high enough to have any job within the army. I'm not being patriotic or anything. I just want the schooling, while at the same time I collect a pay check. I know I don't agree with the government on allot of things I can't see turning down the cash and there paying off all my old college loans. I get out in 4 years with a good job and security ahead of me. Besides my cousin was in and she told me to try out for one of the all army sports teams and I really don't have to do shit, except quallify for the olympics in my said event. That would be insane. I'm curious to some reviews, I don't want any bashing me as a person because I'm considering this either.

i dont see why u wouldnt take the job bro , u get paid , good education , like u urself said good job and security in 4 yrs , hell man , go with the priorities , always , its important to choose the priorities , might sound selfish but in such situations , put urself in line first .

hey arm

lets go into bus together lover startup

hooch shaver/waxers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Bro, I was in the service. Just remember Recruiters are full of shit, and the chances of you even getting the opportunity to try out for one of the teams is slim. You lose almost all personal freedom, you may not have to opportunity to train the way you used to, and you will be constantly separated from people you love. On the plus side, it is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. The opportunity to give back to your country is one that few people experience.

I just got out of the Navy a year ago, it was definatley a good experience. yes there will be some tough times but there will also be alot of good times, what I miss the most is the comroderie(sp?) with the people in my unit. Yes the recruiters will try to blow sunshine up your ass, just make sure you get what you want guarunteed in your enlistment contract. I would sugest looking into the special forces, I believe you can go straight into the training after boot camp if you qualify. Check out the army's recruiting web site, it talks about it there, good luck.:D

I want to do special forces and what not. The recruiters almost busted a nut when I walked in as I came in with a friend that's already signing up. I'm out of shape bad and they though I was in some kind of great condition, it was comical. I've already qualified to come in at an E-4 pay rate and might possible be able to pull off an E-5. My prior college credits are going to help alot also. But with my back ground I can't go directly into the special forces, I have to pay some fines and end my probation and have a felony expunged from my record. Which will happen in june. They don't even care about the felony, they just want the fines paid off. However I would love to start slinging razors and waxers, just lead me to the promised land.

My cousin is special forces and he just lives for war and shit. I think it is in his genes though as his whole family is military and that is ALL they know. I know a few other buddies who are Seals and they love it too. I originally was going into Seal training right after high school until the eye test where at the time I had -7.5 vision so I didn't get it. That is when I got into BBing. Anyway, to help you w/ your decision noone can know but, you if that is what you will want to do. If you are 100% serious than go for it and keep us informed.

RY

iam going to try to outline this in an unbiased manner
ok this is how i would look at it
what can the army do for u?
will your job actuely carry over into anything else? i have a few buddies who were special forces but frankly there isnt alot u can do when u get out with it.
all ican say is know exzactly what u wanna do it and look at every means you have to that end.
because the army can be good but u also have to think about time also I know for me the military simply wasnt in the cards due to the fact of time. if you can go to college for another 2 years gets your degrea and earn say 50k a year after 2 years and accumalite 20k of debt
if you go into the army that same degrea will be free but it will take u 6 years to get 4 enlistment and 2 actuel college so thats 200k u could have made. opposed to the military.
so my advice bro would to be honestly sit down think about what you realy will be able to do for the next 20 or so years to make a living and chart the best way to that goal for u.

I don't look good in green

I think the first question should be 'Are you willing to fight AND die for your country?'. Only after you answer YES to that should you consider the armed services.

I remember back in the 1st gulf war where this woman was arrested for refusing to go to Saudi. Guess she just thought that making a paycheck/free education did not come with a catch.

My .02

Armageddon said:
I've already qualified to come in at an E-4 pay rate and might possible be able to pull off an E-5.

Not that I don't believe you, but those are ranks of Non-Commissioned Officers (with the exception of Spc), something that is earned, not something that is "qualified" for and I don't imagine you would pin that on upon completion of boot camp, but the Army is different from My Corps. Just remember that the recruiters job is to blow smoke up your ass--so don't believe anything/everything they say. If you have some questions, feel free to drop me a line. I know that there used to be programs where you could be guaranteed a certain rank within a certain period of time, but there are many different programs now, too many to keep track of.

Being in the military is a total lifestyle change and I don't recommend it to many people. Just from knowing you on the boards I'm sure you could handle it and do rather well, but it's a huge commitment and sacrifice and the decision should be well thought out first. Again, if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to help a good bro out. Take care and keep us informed.

-Sgt slide

Truthfully it isn't something that I want to do. However I think I can do it and do it well! The structure and timing is something that I like having within my life. I can't see putting myself in more debt and fighting to get out of it with barely nothing to show for it. The experience along with the technical training stands out in my mind for some reason. When someone puts it in the terms of are you willing to die for your country and can't stand up and shout yes. But if it's something that I have to do to be able to appropriately provide for my family then I'll do it.

I can't last on my body to make money for me forever. So who knows what's in store, I haven't signed anything that's for sure. Regardless of what happens I'm finishing out this season and maybe by the grace of god I get picked up. But with football its more political than anything in the world. It's about getting a chance, and that oppurtunity is slim regardless of what you hear or how many people you know that's done it. As far as the service they know that if I go to the photo shoot in a month and a half and get an offer that pays the bills I'm probably not going. The same goes along those lines as football or wrestling.

About the recruiters, I don't really believe a word of what they say. I listend when I was little to my dad talking to my cousins and telling them how to go about it. Shit my dad got my uncle out of the service because of something that the recruiter was willing to put into writing. My uncle got out and the recruiter was fired. I know that everything they agree to needs to be in black and white and that's that. As far as the E-5, it's a stretch but they said that it could be achieved. Chances are that I'll end up as an E-4. But I don't know I am the guy that made a bet with his team, they said that it was impossible to make 100 tackles in under 10 games. I did it in 8 and almost had it done in 7. So if there's a way I'll find it. Anyhow, thanks for everyone taking the time to comment cause this is something that is going to affect me for awhile. Thanks again

Army

I was a tanker. Thing about the Army is you enjoy it more when you are out. I've always been glad I went in though. In terms of rank. One guy I went to basic with got hiked to pfc after bootcamp. He had a commission (2nd lt.) in the reserves though. I'm not aware of any special forces that take guys on a first tour. We had D Force tryouts when I had a month left to go. They let me take the tests, but wouldn't look at me without reenlisting. Not that I would have made it anyway. Sounds to me like you are interested in getting technical experience which means you likely wouldn't be in combat arms anyway. - CH

best of luck with whatever u decide bro, i know a few years ago I had to finaly sit down and deciede what the hell i was going to do with my life. Most people simply have no direction in life and expect thing to happen to them and not make them happen. for me it was sitting down and and mapping out what I needed to to do to get from point A to point B in my life. I feel a plan is very import for success

I seriously agree, direction and planning are needed. I related it to juice for alot of guys. They get in and do some of this and some of that, then listen to so and so. At the end they don't understand why they don't have what they were visualizing. This isn't something that I want to jump into and what not, it's going to take some time. I'm tripping out alittle and I haven't even signed anything.

Joinin the armed forces

be good. Be the honorable thing to do. Evry healthy male should have to join up rite out of skool. Marines give you a better education though. Army stand for...Ain't Ready for Marines Yet. I recommend the Marine infantry. That be the best education you ever has. Sand Fleas, Crotch Rot, Athletes feet, Ring worm. Go on long humps. Find your way out the bush. Shit in the woods. Eat MRE's. Take baths without runnin water. Go to the rock. And wen all the POGS get leave we go do long humps agen threw the bush. And when we finally get leave we get arrested by MP's. It be the balls. Semper Fi.

Re: Joinin the armed forces

Duncan said:
be good. Be the honorable thing to do. Evry healthy male should have to join up rite out of skool. Marines give you a better education though. Army stand for...Ain't Ready for Marines Yet. I recommend the Marine infantry. That be the best education you ever has. Sand Fleas, Crotch Rot, Athletes feet, Ring worm. Go on long humps. Find your way out the bush. Shit in the woods. Eat MRE's. Take baths without runnin water. Go to the rock. And wen all the POGS get leave we go do long humps agen threw the bush. And when we finally get leave we get arrested by MP's. It be the balls. Semper Fi.

Where were you based for the marines Duncan?

Re: Joinin the armed forces

Duncan said:

Good shit, bro! Semper Fi!

-slide

I knew thair be bros here

I knew my fellow bros be out thair. You know what I be talkin about dont ya bros. Sent my ass to Kaneohi Bay. Anybody be thair.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear