over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Set range a secret? Huh?

You probably didn't read Blood and Guts his original book, this is where he talked about it, but it wasn't the only place, he also talked about it in articles that showed his pre-Olympia training journals.

Everyone got caught up in his "one set to failure" post olympia win training, this isn't what go him huge, this is what he used to make very small gains AFTER he was already a 300-pound monster, not what he used to get there.

In fact, if you do a google image search for his training journals, you can see how his training was totally different pre olympia, often several working sets.

Lots of backoff sets here:
tz2tb3241x341.jpg

And there are even more sets in his earlier training journals, where he was still bigger than 99% of us at that point.
What you just said...that's exactly my point I was thinking when writing this post.

"AFTER he was already a 300-pound monster, not what he used to get there.

You probably didn't read Blood and Guts his original book, this is where he talked about it, but it wasn't the only place, he also talked about it in articles that showed his pre-Olympia training journals.

Everyone got caught up in his "one set to failure" post olympia win training, this isn't what go him huge, this is what he used to make very small gains AFTER he was already a 300-pound monster, not what he used to get there.

In fact, if you do a google image search for his training journals, you can see how his training was totally different pre olympia, often several working sets.

Lots of backoff sets here:
tz2tb3241x341.jpg

And there are even more sets in his earlier training journals, where he was still bigger than 99% of us at that point.

Kal can you post earlier journals ?

Thank you brother 🙏🏻

Respect

What you just said...that's exactly my point I was thinking when writing this post.

"AFTER he was already a 300-pound monster, not what he used to get there.

Yes !

Thats whats important imo , what they used when they were climbing the ladder not after they are monsters

Respect

Lots of backoff sets here

I see drop sets and the slight reductions I mentioned in my first post to stay within the same rep range to account for fatigue.

You're absolutely right that he built most of his physique on different routines. His 2-way split and then a 3-way split that won him his first Olympia. B & G training came after '92. I agree with you that these routines are overshadowed by his one work set per exercise training.

I was just pointing out that someone like JP will do 5-8 reps to maximize loading and mechanical tension and then do 16-20 to induce metabolic stress. Jordan is trying to progress in two different rep ranges while Yates wanted to stay in the same rep range, but had to reduce weight out of necessity. I ran into the same thing when I used to do Max-OT. If the exercise called for 2 sets of 4-6 reps and I got 5 on the first; I'd have to redcue the weight to stay in range. If I kept the weight the same I might only get 3 reps on the second set and that wasn't the goal.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws