over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Severe Mid foot pain.

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am having severe sharp intermittent mid foot pain.

It occurs in this region marked in the picture below.

It only happens when I push on my foot to propel my body forwards and goes away as soon as I lift my foot off the ground.

If I walk with my toes curled in, the pain is almost non existent. And this is how I have been walking for right now.

Any of the smarter kinesio, PT guys know what this is? and what I can do or wear to prevent it? or some rehab exercises.

I DO have FLAT feet but all my life never really bothered me.

It almost feels like a fracture, but I have no point tenderness, and no trauma to that region.

Attachments

• foot.jpg
    foot.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Plantar fasciitis maybe...
Try rolling your foot over a tennis ball while applying pressure.

I had planter fascitis. Insoles got rid of it for me. I would recommend going to a Doctor first and then go from there.

Sounds like Plantar fasciitis. Freeze a bottle of water and roll it under your foot with a little pressure for inflammation pain + what Pesty said. Hard insoles helped me tremendously to support the arch.

how old are you??

is it BOTH feet???

do you work on your feet all day???

how much alcohol are you consuming????

:cool:

Go see a podiatrist. My uncle is a podiatrist and I saw him when I had plantar fascitis. He made me custom orthotics, told me to ice the area and use a golf ball to roll the effected area. Most importantly, he told me not to be on my feet and to lay off doing anything cardio related for awhile. It took almost 3 months for it to heal. Good luck.

how old are you??

is it BOTH feet???

Thanks
Just left feet. 30, no alcohol. On feet as much as an average active guy.

how old are you??

is it BOTH feet???

Tenny? I don't believe my eyes! :eek: Haven't seen you post in quite some time.

Sounds like Plantar fasciitis. Freeze a bottle of water and roll it under your foot with a little pressure for inflammation pain + what Pesty said. Hard insoles helped me tremendously to support the arch.

Go see a podiatrist. My uncle is a podiatrist and I saw him when I had plantar fascitis. He made me custom orthotics, told me to ice the area and use a golf ball to roll the effected area. Most importantly, he told me not to be on my feet and to lay off doing anything cardio related for awhile. It took almost 3 months for it to heal. Good luck.

ROlling a ball under my feet is helping a lot. I am going to schedule an appointment come monday.

Decreasing physical activity or not working is not an option right now.? how many times a day do you recommend I do this rolling and for how long (minute, 5 minutesetc.?)

Any other exercises that helped you a lot?? I obviously did read online and will do the stretches and calf strengthening, toe curls with towel etc.

What was the nature of course of this disease for you guys. This thing really sneaked up on me out of no where. Usually injuries like this I can feel something lingering and have an insidious onset, but this was literally over couple nights.

I had planter fascitis. Insoles got rid of it for me. I would recommend going to a Doctor first and then go from there.

How bad was your pain Pesty on a scale of 1-10? and what your duration of suffering with it?

Last edited:
i agree with the others.

does pressure on the point of question feel good??
or relieve pain???

does stretching the toes up relieve any pain??

i agree with the others.

does pressure on the point of question feel good??
or relieve pain???

does stretching the toes up relieve any pain??

Yes on both.

planter fasciitis...

i had it few times...i guess it never goes away
just comes and goes, its actually the tendon
being inflamed...sometimes feels like pins and needles.

don't do calves for awhile or and treadmill or running
makes it worse...it will go away on its own, just baby it...

i liked to stand on something hard and round and just roll
my foot on it for awhile. and shoes make a big difference.

my brother wears dress shoes for work all day and complained.
he had to get a doctors note to wear sneakers and his went away.

I agree sounds like plantar fasciitis. I've had it 2-3 times. First time I went to a doc, gave me cortisone shot, told me to get insoles, exercises etc... May have worked some, but I didn't get real relief until I got the boot you wear at night . Brand name is Futura I think, get it at Walgreens, Walmart CVS etc. do yourself a favor and get one now. If id known that then I'd saved a bunch of time and $$ in doctor visits and insoles. Takes about a week to really work. Once it was gone I had no problems for 4-5 years, when it came back I wore the boot again for a few days and it was gone.

Just an update.

Ended up being diagnosed as Metatarsalgia. I was given a metatarsal pad, a foam like padding to place under my foot metatarsal, and a few days of NSAID and the pain was significantly improved. .

I dont usually work out calves but had worked them out the week prior with a pretty high intensity right off the bat. That was definitely the culprit.

I think I might have been doing them wrong. Apparently you are supposed to push up from your mid foot and I think I tend to push up more with the ball of my foot.

Just an update.

Ended up being diagnosed as Metatarsalgia. I was given a metatarsal pad, a foam like padding to place under my foot metatarsal, and a few days of NSAID and the pain was significantly improved. .

I dont usually work out calves but had worked them out the week prior with a pretty high intensity right off the bat. That was definitely the culprit.

I think I might have been doing them wrong. Apparently you are supposed to push up from your mid foot and I think I tend to push up more with the ball of my foot.

wtf is metatarsalgia?? I read a ton of feet MRI and ive never called that ever. I dont even know what that is. Im guessing your seeing a podiatrist lol. Now could you have a neuroma..sure. or maybe some intermetasal bursistis.. likely. Maybe even a plantar plate injury there.. But i dunno what metarsalgia is unless its a waste bucket term to say your foot hurts here try making it more cushioned and take an anti-inflam

wtf is metatarsalgia?? I read a ton of feet MRI and ive never called that ever. I dont even know what that is. Im guessing your seeing a podiatrist lol. Now could you have a neuroma..sure. or maybe some intermetasal bursistis.. likely. Maybe even a plantar plate injury there.. But i dunno what metarsalgia is unless its a waste bucket term to say your foot hurts here try making it more cushioned and take an anti-inflam[/quote

Hmm maybe a waste basket term for inflammation of the bursa or structure near the metatarsal? They actually sell what's called metatarsal pads so must be something.

Last edited:
glad you got it figured out bud...

wtf is metatarsalgia?? I read a ton of feet MRI and ive never called that ever. I dont even know what that is. Im guessing your seeing a podiatrist lol. Now could you have a neuroma..sure. or maybe some intermetasal bursistis.. likely. Maybe even a plantar plate injury there.. But i dunno what metarsalgia is unless its a waste bucket term to say your foot hurts here try making it more cushioned and take an anti-inflam

metatarsalgia = "Well son, you have pain at the ball of your foot and I have no clue why!"

Its just one of many useless diagnosis I see on a regular basis.

High ankle sprain

As the title says. I had similar pain. The source of pain ended up being almost halfway up the front of my shin. My kinesiologist used some kind of special tape. I was on crutchescgoing into his office, walks out. He said watercolor misdiagnosis, carrier ending injury for football players if misdiagnosed. I was shocked though, at how effective the tape job was. Left it in place for five days, fine ever since. My probable cause was carrying heavy loads of rebar on my shoulders across very rough frozen ground.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity