over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shampoo/Conditioner causing demensia?

Stewie I really appreciate your thoughts. Is there any medication or preventative medicine once can take? I am asking because my parents are getting older (75 and 71) and if there are any health supplements they should be taking or antioxidants you recommend I would like to help them as best as possible.

Hey super, sorry for the delayed response.

I hate to be "that guy" in regards to making suggestions for your parents. Let me start off by saying, disregard any person on the internet making drug or even supplement recommendations for geriatrics (elderly). Primarily for reasons being, as we age, especially those of their late life, such as your parents. The way a drug/supplement is absorbed, metabolized, tissue distribution and excretion differs from someone in their 20's-50's +/-. This is what's known as pharmacokinetics. As we age into our golden years, these processes slow down, or not distributed properly. Importantly, this is why a physician that's well versed in the geriatric population is critical with these determinations.

Now, that's not to say there's no "preventive measures" geriatric patients can seek-out. It's best to further discus this with their physician.

Exersice does hold promise for cognitive function with the elderly. Again, this is something for your parents to discuss with their PCP.

I'm sorry, man. I truly don't want to be that guy to make a possible misinformed suggestion.

As for yourself look into ways to restore a healthy microbiome diversity, reducing the intake of Advanced glycation end products (AGEs), ways to sustain/repair myelination and deflate any stress bubbles in your life. There's an arm lenghts of other focusses. I just don't have the time to respectively place a detailed comprehensive list out there. Not to mention, a lot is theories and speculations.

Or If you have any first degree relatives with any form of dementia. You could spend a few hundred dollars and pull a salivary amyloid beta protein 42 test. Then hyperfocus on preventive measures if you show high levels of this protein. There seems to be promise with the simple use of NSAID's. Not conclusive 100%, tho promising.

Sorry again, super. Trust me, I would like to make Rx/supplement suggestions for your parents. I just don't feel confident or comfortable doing so.

-Kirk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner