over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sharing a positive note

Cito33189

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
After 10 years or so of lifting and taking hormones on and off. I started to notice I didn't feel physically good as I use to. I developed high blood pressure(currently on Lisinopril) and just more sluggish and no appetite. Toxic feeling.

Where I live and the gym I attend has a lot and I mean a lot of professional bodybuilders and top level national level competitors. They always look fantastic. I said to myself how can I feel like this and they just keep going so hard. Its almost like they are invincible. Until yesterday

A top national level competitor (won the LA championships last year) was prepping for USA's this year. We were talking and he told me he stopped his prep. He felt terrible his blood pressure was through the roof his body wasn't responding like it use to. He's in his 40's married with kids. He just said I'm done. I cant take the drugs anymore. He started naming some names around the gym and saying some of there dosages and I was pretty caught off guard to be honest. He said how far to I have to push it? and then what? push it even more after that? I said to him that's awesome you realize it and your putting your family and your self first.

I can get pretty caught up on the forum and watching the pros online. But when it comes down to it. Its pretty fucking dangerous.

I just felt like it was a positive message with so many passing's with in the last couple years.

Guys just be safe. If your not making a living at this and don't plan on it. Back off a little and just have fun.

and here I am having just bought 1,080 10mg lisinopril tablets lmao

I feel like a lot of guys don't want to fork over the cash on stuff to make sure their health indicators stay in line..

and would rather buy more drugs.

it's good that your guy recognized where things were headed, and was able to keep things in perspective.

I cannot express how immensely important nutrition, training and recovery are to be successful at a high level in bodybuilding.

*MG staring blankly at the screen*

and here I am having just bought 1,080 10mg lisinopril tablets lmao

I feel like a lot of guys don't want to fork over the cash on stuff to make sure their health indicators stay in line..

and would rather buy more drugs.

it's good that your guy recognized where things were headed, and was able to keep things in perspective.

do you go to the doctor or self medicate?

After 10 years or so of lifting and taking hormones on and off. I started to notice I didn't feel physically good as I use to. I developed high blood pressure(currently on Lisinopril) and just more sluggish and no appetite. Toxic feeling.

Where I live and the gym I attend has a lot and I mean a lot of professional bodybuilders and top level national level competitors. They always look fantastic. I said to myself how can I feel like this and they just keep going so hard. Its almost like they are invincible. Until yesterday

A top national level competitor (won the LA championships last year) was prepping for USA's this year. We were talking and he told me he stopped his prep. He felt terrible his blood pressure was through the roof his body wasn't responding like it use to. He's in his 40's married with kids. He just said I'm done. I cant take the drugs anymore. He started naming some names around the gym and saying some of there dosages and I was pretty caught off guard to be honest. He said how far to I have to push it? and then what? push it even more after that? I said to him that's awesome you realize it and your putting your family and your self first.

I can get pretty caught up on the forum and watching the pros online. But when it comes down to it. Its pretty fucking dangerous.

I just felt like it was a positive message with so many passing's with in the last couple years.

Guys just be safe. If your not making a living at this and don't plan on it. Back off a little and just have fun.

Sadly most people simply do not look ahead when it comes to life, especially the health aspect of it. I know guys around my area that run gear year round and look slightly better than those who don't run anything. Most men want to be muscular, it's a sign of masculinity, so there really isn't an issue with it per se. Like everything else in life, what are the benefits of being 5'9 and 225 lean if you're running gear? What are the costs? I'm not talking monetarily either, what are the long term costs? Is being the biggest guy in the gym, or your home town worth the possibility of a heart attack due to the unnecessary stress you've put on your heart for years? I know most guys here don't look at it this way, they simply want to be "big", and there's really nothing wrong with it. But, if you want kids or have kids, how would your family feel if they're burying you at a young age because of your insatiable desire to be big and lean? Too many people take for granted their health when they're young, because they don't "feel" sick, but their insides are screaming for a break. Again, most won't listen, because after all, it's all about the look

Good post and I completely agree that reading the forums and seeing bodybuilders (or reading BB magazines and sites) gives me the urge to get on some drugs again and blast to the moon. The problem is I have zero reason to. I already put on the size I want and at this point, am more concerned with being in cardio shape. Sometimes, staying away from these things is good for our minds. Most of us don't need to continue to do what we are doing because what exactly is the reward at the end?

I cannot express how immensely important nutrition, training and recovery are to be successful at a high level in bodybuilding.

this should be literally written in crayon.

Time to go through your posts and knock that post count down.

This is a great post, I want my girlfriend to see this as well. I know a guy where we live who is a monster, 270s, lean, gnarled all the time. He is the biggest abuser I've even encountered, and looks perpetually unwell. If that's the way to achieve the means then I'm ok building a physique I am proud of without pushing to the nines to be 10% bigger harder leaner etc

Sadly most people simply do not look ahead when it comes to life, especially the health aspect of it. I know guys around my area that run gear year round and look slightly better than those who don't run anything. Most men want to be muscular, it's a sign of masculinity, so there really isn't an issue with it per se. Like everything else in life, what are the benefits of being 5'9 and 225 lean if you're running gear? What are the costs? I'm not talking monetarily either, what are the long term costs? Is being the biggest guy in the gym, or your home town worth the possibility of a heart attack due to the unnecessary stress you've put on your heart for years? I know most guys here don't look at it this way, they simply want to be "big", and there's really nothing wrong with it. But, if you want kids or have kids, how would your family feel if they're burying you at a young age because of your insatiable desire to be big and lean? Too many people take for granted their health when they're young, because they don't "feel" sick, but their insides are screaming for a break. Again, most won't listen, because after all, it's all about the look

richiec has been around for a while. Like many of us have, richiec and I have formed a friendship on the board. My hats off to him, he made the decision to take a step back from the drugs and the forum and put his family first. Don't get me wrong, it is not the right decision for everyone but, it was the right choice for richiec. :headbang:

This is a great post, I want my girlfriend to see this as well. I know a guy where we live who is a monster, 270s, lean, gnarled all the time. He is the biggest abuser I've even encountered, and looks perpetually unwell. If that's the way to achieve the means then I'm ok building a physique I am proud of without pushing to the nines to be 10% bigger harder leaner etc

Seeing, and agreeing. Just competed at master's nationals last weekend. Pushed the rx beyond where I have in past preps. Wasn't light by any stretch. Brought my best shape/condition ever, had put on a solid 4 lbs muscle since our May comp. Woke up morning of the show thinking "it's my turn today. My day for a pro card". Get to pump up room with everyone else and my heart dropped and all i could think was "fuuuuuuck".

It's not just the men, it's the women too. I (happily) nailed a 3rd placed, yet smh at those who took top spots... beards, virulization, baby penises where female parts should've been. I was easily outsized by 10-15 lbs by these "women"

I respect what it takes. I push hard every day. I give 100%. But bodybuilding doesn't pay my bills, get me any more true friends, I don't admire those shallow, self-serving people so often found at the top of the organizational food chain. It's not right for myself, or my relationship to lose perspective, health, and personal values for a plastic trophy.

I'm in life for the long game. I love that it's with Asteelz, and want to do it together in a way that feels good, and right, for a long time. Thanks for your post, and good luck to you. And thank you for a moment to also add my thoughts

Last edited:
Honestly, the doses some people use are just down right scary. I knew a top level bodybuilder at my last gym and it was scary how much he was taking. I'm perfectly happy using low to moderate dosages, getting bloods done every year and being safe. Like it was said earlier, do you just keep increasing? I treat this as a hobby I enjoy and have fun with it. The key word is responsibility!

richiec has been around for a while. Like many of us have, richiec and I have formed a friendship on the board. My hats off to him, he made the decision to take a step back from the drugs and the forum and put his family first. Don't get me wrong, it is not the right decision for everyone but, it was the right choice for richiec. :headbang:

Thanks Doug, and I agree, it's not the right decision for everyone but was for me. Don't get me wrong guys, I want to be "in shape", but I'd rather be in shape and healthy for the sake of my family and health than to be the biggest leanest guy and kick out years before I "should". I want to walk my daughter down the aisle and be there for when my grandkids are born and play with them

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear