over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sharing a small win I had

bellicose

Registered
After a particularly intense arm workout last night I taped my arms for the first time in years. L was 19.5", R was 20". I'm sitting at 240lbs right now on a self prescribed TRT of 400mg test/200mg masteron. I spent years blasting huge doses, pushing my weight up to 280lbs, and lifting stupid heavy weight but never saw that 20" mark. Only thing that was really changed has been a strictly pump driven arm routine similar to what Surge Nubret used to do. I also took some tips from a brief stint working out with Bob Cicerello. Supersetting Tri's/Bi's with light weight and minimal rest with extreme pump being the goal. I also do them 2x a week after another major muscle group. Thought I'd share what worked for me.

After a particularly intense arm workout last night I taped my arms for the first time in years. L was 19.5", R was 20". I'm sitting at 240lbs right now on a self prescribed TRT of 400mg test/200mg masteron. I spent years blasting huge doses, pushing my weight up to 280lbs, and lifting stupid heavy weight but never saw that 20" mark. Only thing that was really changed has been a strictly pump driven arm routine similar to what Surge Nubret used to do. I also took some tips from a brief stint working out with Bob Cicerello. Supersetting Tri's/Bi's with light weight and minimal rest with extreme pump being the goal. I also do them 2x a week after another major muscle group. Thought I'd share what worked for me.

Congrats brother. Sometimes more gear does not mean better results.

Do you change the exercises in the 2 workouts you do a week? Can you give an example of what you normally do?

What are some other little trick Bob Chick used in the gym? Bob spent a lot of time trying to get his pro card so I'm sure a lot of thought went into his training. Probably not the most genetically gifted bodybuilder to turn pro but he eventually got that pro card (much to his credit).

What are some other little trick Bob Chick used in the gym? Bob spent a lot of time trying to get his pro card so I'm sure a lot of thought went into his training. Probably not the most genetically gifted bodybuilder to turn pro but he eventually got that pro card (much to his credit).
Bob was 100% about the mind muscle connection. One of the first things he had me do each workout was to do a couple higher rep slow negative and light isolation exercises of the muscle group that we were working to get a pump in it. This would help me(and him) then focus on using just that muscle group when we got to the heavier stuff. He was such an incredibly strong guy for being able to isolate just the muscle he was focusing on. For instance 3-4 sets of rear pec dec to start off delt day to get a crazy pump in the shoulders and then hammer them with arnold presses not taken all the way to lockout or hammer strength shoulder press(just the mid portion of the lift.)
I remember when he finally got me to relax my neck and just utilize my shoulders in my pressing movements it literally cut the weight I was lifting in half but my shoulders finally caught up with my chest and triceps after lagging for years.

Congrats brother. Sometimes more gear does not mean better results.

Do you change the exercises in the 2 workouts you do a week? Can you give an example of what you normally do?
To start off i'll do a superset(3-4 sets)of a light tricep and bicep movement just to get a pump in the muscles. A light pushdown of some sort but my favorite is on the assisted dip machine using the knee pad as my lever and then a light seated alternating barbell curl. After that then I alternate supersets using a heavy bicep/light tricep type cadence and then flip. For instance light tricep bodyweight wall presses supersetted with heavy hammer curls(50lbs's), then flip to heavy overhead dumbbell tricep extensions(80-100lbs for 15 reps) supersetted with 20lb alternating bicep curls to "pump failure" The cadence is heavy to light and ending with a "blood pump" to failure.
Its a combo of what I learned working out with Bob, some Surge Nubret high volume stuff, and just reading the internet and learning my own body. I do change the exercises to a certain extent per week but there are some exercises for a blood pump that just cant be replicated.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws