over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shawn Ray- Gurus, Killers & Liars

One thing to use a drug but it's another thing to prescribe risky dosages and drug combinations.
Until this thread, I had no idea women are using Tren!!!!

Have you ever done 150 mcg T3 with clen and other stimulants at the same time while dehydrated and 2 hours of cardio? These women weigh way less than men do.

Seriously though maybe WE ARE the ones clueless about what these women competitors take now a days. Maybe it is the norm? I have no idea.
What some pro female bodybuilders are doing is terrifying to me, but what some of the men are doing is also. Tren is commonly used by female pros, so is dbol. Interestingly enough, some of the harsher compounds that are considered "androgens" are actually not that androgenic compared to what we thought. All those androgen to anabolic ratios are complete BS for the most part. Dbol is basically oral EQ, tren doesn't convert to DHT, etc.

A large part of this is probably exactly what you said, a lack of knowledge about what is actually happening at the top end of female bodybuilding.

At the beginning of my competitive endeavors I dod it all on my own. I learned the training aspect over the course of about 6 years before seeking guidance from a trainer on more advanced techniques and training protocols, but by that point I had a base level of knowledge so the trainer I hired talked to me about what I allready knew and had applied. He then boult a program designed to tweak a few things and maximize my efforts. I took the exact same approach to drug protocols until I had learned all that I could find out on my own. When I decided to try competition I did it n my own the first few times and did well for a kid in my early twenties. At this point i had learned all about what I did not need and sought guidance from other competitors in my area (my area of Jersey was a hotbed of bodybuilding culture in the 90's/2000's) I knew what didn't work for me and found a coach who worked with me over the years to tailor my protocols. In the end though you are responsible for yourself. I am older now and still healthy because I never went crazy with my doses and my genetics are perfect for growth. I guess what I'm tring to say here is if you're inclined to hire a coach research them and their track record but most importantly be acutely aware of what you do and don't want and are unwilling to do.

That’s fine buddy because, and no offense, nobody gives a shit what you think about this. You’re irrational and showing poor morality here. You’ve said your inane piece and it amounts to nothing here or in the real world.
Morals are literally a personal set of standards you hold yourself to. If you can’t hold yourself to a high enough standard to be aware of what you are putting in your body, then that’s on you. Moral of the story? Your actions are your own fault

I definitely agree we all need to be much more informed about what we are taking, especially stimulants, AI's and diuretics and the synergistic effect they might have when taken together. But also I know so many have NO idea how to find the information or how to even read it and understand it.

To me this is almost like the bartender that keep serving a drunk just because he has money in his pocket and is tipping like crazy. Regardless of who we think has the responsibility, if the drunk has a car wreck the bartender, manager and owner of the establishment will be held accountable. This "drink responsibility" slogan see is ridiculous, in the 21 years I ran night clubs I never saw a drunk that was responsible after they started drinking.

No coach should suggest an athlete do anything that will destroy their health and cause death. If a wants to do that then they are on their own and don't need a coach. Like you my brother, I research every drug my doctor pus me on. I let them know that I have the final say not them. But even a doctor will tell you that they don't run into too many like me that most patients just take what they are told and never ask questions. My cardiologist can tell you I am a pain in the ass. They tried to put me on aldosterone for long term and I absolutely refused to take the prescription and let them know why and documented it with research. I also took myself off the statin he prescribed and provided the reason why. If they argue with me I will find someone else that will allow me to be the final say.

My wife is old school and is not up on all of this stuff and also did not have time to research. I have educated her well now and very sorry I was not move involved from the get go. But when you work 90-100 hours a week it hard to spend time on a lot of things including the needs of your own family. Which lead me to retiring.
I was 19 years old when I started researching this online and in pharmaceutical texts at the public library. Everyone has access if they look for it

I completely agree with this but this isn't what you were posting about or what I replied to. You posted "They sought him out for coaching on it. Clearly they were going to use these drugs with or without him". I strongly disagree with that. I agree with what you actually posted in your reply to me but that's a different subject. Whilst these girls were obviously using fatburners and aas in the past I don't think they were going to use all the same drugs and doses without him. Would they have used 2-3 different diuretics when they had only used 1 or none in the past and hadn't even heard of them. Multiple girls have said from their own mouths that they had never used anything like that or they hadn't heard of some of the drugs so I don't think they would have used them. They obviously trusted him and thought he has x amount of pro's so this is what his girls must do. Now if you think they are idiots for just following his advice that is a different subject and I agree with both sides of the argument in that regard. Whatever the reasons for anything and whoever you think is at fault my reply was solely about they would have done it if they hadn't have hired him and I definitely don't think they would have (unless hiring another dodgy coach who does similar things).
What I meant was they sought Shelby out to tell them how to use drugs, had he not helped them they would have hired someone else to tell them how to use drugs. Would this person prescribe the same drugs? Who knows? Probably not actually. But that’s the risk you take when you don’t know what these things are and take them anyways

I was 19 years old when I started researching this online and in pharmaceutical texts at the public library. Everyone has access if they look for it

Bro, when I was 17 years old I already had my first copy of the PDR. That was in 1973. Hahaha.....it was quite a few years after that the internet every came about. Because of my career I have free access to any research paper. So I use it a lot. I do recognize that most don't.

Bro, when I was 17 years old I already had my first copy of the PDR. That was in 1973. Hahaha.....it was quite a few years after that the internet every came about. Because of my career I have free access to any research paper. So I use it a lot. I do recognize that most don't.
Everyone has access to every research paper. Scott Stevenson has posted the link several times to look up any paper for free. He lists it in a lot of his podcasts too. You were informed way back then….there’s no excuse not to be informed now with today’s advancements in technology.

We should share the morality that our actions are our own fault. But if you wanna bury your head in the sand and pretend that someone telling you to do something, and you get injured doing it, it’s their fault, then go ahead. I agree that Shelby should not be recommending these doses, but if you follow along unwittingly that’s on you

Last edited by a moderator:
For anybody pushing the “total personal responsibility” idea just think about it a little. Abstract away from the bodybuilding drug world and run scenarios on negligence and withholding information from a person. Run scenarios on accessories to a crime. Keep formulating scenarios and in every case show to yourself the main actor in a situation is 100% to blame for the outcome when a secondary actor is there either supporting the action or being negligent about the situation.

I dare you to challenge yourself :)

I bet you’ll see you were confused by the murkiness of the situation and once you abstract away from the nitty gritty details you’ll see it shares form with other situations where personal responsibility is shared across actors.

PS we haven’t even touched on the matter that many many people running these drugs are addicts, who clinically have been shown to have diminished responsibility due to their disease (but let’s set that aside because I’m guessing the typical Heavy Hitter amongst you will have no mercy for somebody struggling with addiction, despite himself obviously struggling).

So for the competitors here that have chimed in , how many have used a diuretic with success and could repeat that?? Like the day even a blind squirrel can find a nut if he looks long enough so I'm not talking about the one time out of twenty you nailed it but can they be used repeatedly and accurately.
ive tried a couple times and it flattened me out so bad i could not fix it before prejudging not to mention the insane cramping and headache. But I constantly hear guys talking about taking a dyazide before bed and waking up dry and hard and I've always wonder if it was due to them having way more glycogen stored
ive heard people talk about depletion very hard for 10 days then taking in 1500-2000g carbs Thursday night through Friday with insulin and wonder if the super compensation of the carbs allowed for the diuretic to pull the water out from the skin and muscle but allow the muscle to stay full.
diuretics have always seemed like a total crap shoot to me but I'm sure some coaches have a specific protocol they use so they don't flatten the client out.
I have heard a couple competitors say they take a little Alda tone for the few days before the show and I al suspected that was to just improve water processing but some say (as Jose mentioned) that there is a hormonal "side effect" to that as well

Shawn on Chad Nicholls

For anybody pushing the “total personal responsibility” idea just think about it a little. Abstract away from the bodybuilding drug world and run scenarios on negligence and withholding information from a person. Run scenarios on accessories to a crime. Keep formulating scenarios and in every case show to yourself the main actor in a situation is 100% to blame for the outcome when a secondary actor is there either supporting the action or being negligent about the situation.

I dare you to challenge yourself :)

I bet you’ll see you were confused by the murkiness of the situation and once you abstract away from the nitty gritty details you’ll see it shares form with other situations where personal responsibility is shared across actors.

PS we haven’t even touched on the matter that many many people running these drugs are addicts, who clinically have been shown to have diminished responsibility due to their disease (but let’s set that aside because I’m guessing the typical Heavy Hitter amongst you will have no mercy for somebody struggling with addiction, despite himself obviously struggling).
Of course they’re addicts, but we’ve proven time and again that blaming and jailing the suppliers has zero effect. We have lost the war on drugs ten times over. But people will seek out what they want. These people used illegal drugs under the guidance of someone not qualified to instruct on their usage. Should he have done this? No. Should they have used it because he told them too? Also no. I’m fully aware of what i put in my body, and I accept and will deal with any consequences that come from this like any other grown person should. You’re speaking about it as though they had no say in the matter

So for the competitors here that have chimed in , how many have used a diuretic with success and could repeat that?? Like the day even a blind squirrel can find a nut if he looks long enough so I'm not talking about the one time out of twenty you nailed it but can they be used repeatedly and accurately.
ive tried a couple times and it flattened me out so bad i could not fix it before prejudging not to mention the insane cramping and headache. But I constantly hear guys talking about taking a dyazide before bed and waking up dry and hard and I've always wonder if it was due to them having way more glycogen stored
ive heard people talk about depletion very hard for 10 days then taking in 1500-2000g carbs Thursday night through Friday with insulin and wonder if the super compensation of the carbs allowed for the diuretic to pull the water out from the skin and muscle but allow the muscle to stay full.
diuretics have always seemed like a total crap shoot to me but I'm sure some coaches have a specific protocol they use so they don't flatten the client out.
I have heard a couple competitors say they take a little Alda tone for the few days before the show and I al suspected that was to just improve water processing but some say (as Jose mentioned) that there is a hormonal "side effect" to that as well
And this matters why ?

a little of course, maybe start a new thread lol

I agree 100% and I do wonder if we were to remove gurus completely, impossible of course, but if we could would we see a safer state of competitors? I honestly can't say we would. I mean we had incidents prior to gurus: Munzer, Benaziza and others I don't know or we never heard of due to pre social media. Was Dillett working by himself when he froze up on stage?

Can we actually make this safer? I don't know.

Without a guide to follow, the athletes would be testing themselves, in the same way dangerous or risky, but no one to blame for your failures. Similarly, victory and success would be exclusively yours.

No, I haven’t done that. Because I’m not an idiot and I do my research without just taking something because someone said so. I don’t even take meds my doc prescribed without researching first. If you’re not taking charge of your own health, why the hell should anyone else?

When you pay $ 500 to someone, that person is expected to do it for you.

Obviously this seems a bit naive in this industry, but business contracts are done for something, there is a kind of faith that the person you pay will do the work for you. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.

One question, do you pay your doctor? If you pay him, what is the job he is doing if you are researching the drugs on your own? What would be the usefulness of that monetary transaction for you?

We should share the morality that our actions are our own fault. But if you wanna bury your head in the sand and pretend that someone telling you to do something, and you get injured doing it, it’s their fault, then go ahead. I agree that Shelby should not be recommending these doses, but if you follow along unwittingly that’s on you

It is difficult to define where individual and personal responsibility is, since individuals do not live in isolated bubbles, we live in societies and are influenced directly and indirectly by other subjects and circumstances, and our mental states fluctuate, we are not always in intact rational capacity.

Nor do I say that the individual who commits a mistake or crime is innocent or blameless, but he is not the only one guilty.

The problem we face is that justice systems are not based on what neuroscience says.

This video is impressive in this regard.

Yup. I did my first cycle when I was 16. Started researching at 15. If a 15 year old can figure this shit out then all these other ppl have no excuse lol.

So, if these people can figure out that 200mcg clen is a high doseage I'm sorry but they brought on their own problems. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to research these things. If they spent 30 mins on Google they'd know what the fuck they were getting into.

Also, some food for thought. I had a coach "prescribe" 130iu insulin and 750g dnp or something like that along with 1300g of carbs. I don't blame the coach cuz I was crazy enough to try it. I damn well knew I was trying something out of the box.

We all ran crazy experiments, some share their experiences. Others want to just hide them away lol.

The most ironic thing in this thread that a lot of the people saying "it's the competitors responsibility to know and research what they're taking" are the same ones that I've seen for years say (anytime someone asks questions about their coaches plan) "if you are paying a coach why are you asking? Just do what the coach says, that's what you pay him for!"
This

Ketosis isn't an all or nothing thing, you can go into mild states of ketosis, everyone generally goes into a mild state of ketosis every night when they sleep. I personally find it hard to believe he didn't adjust her diet according to her progress because that is generally what all coaches, including Shelby, do. If you follow him, you know the last thing he does is use the same approach for everyone, his diets are all over the place. He might use a similar approach based on size or body composition to start, but these things are adjusted over time. Is it possible your wife was massively overtraining? Adding additional stims? Already on too many stims when the diet started?

You said, "He had them on it (aldactone) for 1-3 months" who is "them"? No coach I have heard of would use aldactone for more than 2 weeks. "dig deep"? I said earlier in this thread it was used for that, that isn't deep, it's basic knowledge of aldactone.

"tranny" really? It's commonly used for gender reassignment in transgender women and for acne, as I said earlier. Yes it's an anti-androgen, but you don't seem to realize female bodybuilders have been using it for almost half a century.

10% bodyfat in 3 months is LESS than 2lbs per week, totally reasonable and even EXPECTED. You seem completely uneducated in bodybuilding prep and even basic fatloss with this statement.

If she was getting rabdo symptoms she was massively over training, that isn't the diet or the tims, that is the TRAINING.

You blame letro and trt on a doctor taking his life? lmao

I think you said Aldosterone when you meant alcactone?

I'm not defending Shelby directly because I don't know exactly what happened, I do know there is a bunch of 2nd hand information being thrown around and all the ACTUAL first hand information I have heard isn't extreme at all, like your case. Also, there is the russian that died recently who had serious health issues and that brazilian that died a few years ago who had undiagnosed heart issues, the others are made up from what I can tell.
You are absolutely defending Shelby and yes you have no idea what happened. I guess Blue Taylor is a liar then? I guess Stephanie Foster is full of shit? Boston has to be lying too? Shelby trained his wife. You are so biased it stinks. I have his protocol here and I have over $2000 in doctor's bills in my hands. My wife is right next to me. This AINT 2nd hand BULLSHIT.

When I heard these videos I was shocked at how these women got the same fucked up protocol as my wife did and some even worse. 2nd hand info.......no mine is 1st hand. So why do I do this? Shelby needs to wake the fuck up and start caring about he WOMEN who give him money? When someone dies take some responsibility and change what the fuck you are doing. When 4 people die, many end up in the hospital and other totally fail its time you get out of the business. In a perfect word this might be considered involuntary manslaughter. With it being bodybuilders I am afraid no one gives a fuck. I don't post on this board much but have been around here since 2009. What got me her this time is I just happened to log on and see the Shawn Wray video. When I heard Shelby's name mentioned I WAS SHOCKED. The disappointment I had in my wife's experience returned. As I looked at more video not believing what I was hearing, I honestly got PISSED OFF. My wife could have been Shelby's 1st victim. I got mad again because I saw a guy who I knew and trusted FUCKED me with this BULLSHIT protocol that was nothing close to being personalized for my wife.

Absolutely NO I don't follow any of these so called coaches, including Shelby. Yes, I know who most of them are. Why should FOLLOW, I spent 27 years lifting competitively and was ranked #1 and #2 in the world in 2 weight classes. I set 14 worlds records. I was a strength coach for many years and have been working in nutrition for most of the career. I teach nutrition and exercise physiology at the college level so why would I follow Shelby? I am certainly not in his fan club or any other coach. I did know Shelby and felt like I could trust him to help my wife. That was a mistake. I should have spoken up 8 year ago but didn't want to make waves. Just a lesson in life.

You don't know why I didn't adjust her diet? Seriously bro, you are showing a huge amount of bias. You obviously have never had a job where you worked 7 days a week 12-15 hour a day. I was lucky to be able to drive 45 miles go to my own bed to sleep and then back. Didn't I make that clear a few times? THUS, I paid someone I though I could trust to help my wife. If I have run behind Shelby checking everything he does when I don't have the time and making adjustments then why the fuck would I pay him $500 for a month? That is honestly stupid question and to most likely to cover for Shelby's irresponsibility and incompetency. If I pay a mechanic to fix my car and have to run behind them redoing what they did, why the fuck do I even pay them? Yeah, I know Shelby too and have known him since maybe 2010, at least I thought I did. Yes I FUCKED UP and should have never wasted a dime. I FUCKED UP and should have exposed him 8 years ago after my wife spent over $2000 in an endocrinologist office. But I kept my mouth shut about it. After seeing these videos and realize someone I thought I knew and trusted FUCKED me with a bullshit cut and past protocol I am even more pissed. The same BULLSHIT that everyone else seems to get and the same BULLSHIT that killed 4 women. My wife was lucky to not be the 1st to die.

You are absolutely wrong a about ketones. In order to be in ketosis you have to have less than 50g/d of carbohydrate and very low carbohydrate diet is not a ketogenic diet. My wife has both keto strips and a blood ketone meter and tested herself on this BULLSHIT diet and there was not a trace of ketones either way. She kept doing the diet because I trusted Shelby to do the right thing. I had this very discussion in length about ketosis and Shelby was present years back. There is a huge misconception that low carb and high protein is Keto. WRONG. High fat is keto. In order for the liver to produce the ketones acetoacetate levels(urine), β-hydroxybutyrate (blood) and acetone (breath) there has to be an absence of carbohydrate in the diet. This has been determined to be less than 50g/d for most. DEPENDING on how much protein you take in. Now Shelby had my wife, who weighed in @ 78kg on 226g of protein/d. On a keto diet you can't take in any more than 1.2 - 2g/kg of protein, this would have been 98-156g protein/d for my wife. Now why is this important, because research has shown that more than this amount quickly converts to glucose through gluconeogenesis. Now you are kicked out of ketosis because there is ample glucose in the body to function and ketones are not needed. Fats....dietary fat in order to be in ketosis has to be >150g/d. So a diet taking in 40% fat is NOT keto. Bro, I can't count how much research I have read over this how many experts I have discussed this with like Dr. Steve Phinney and Dr. Jeff Volek and even Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale, since the 80's. My wife has been researching this since about then too and been on a ketogenic diet most of her life. But she trusted Shelby to do the right thing. It is a very simple thing to test to see if you are in any form of fashion of ketosis...1) urine (keto strips) which test for acetoacetate; blood ketone machine which test for β-hydroxybutyrate and breath, which test for acetone. If you are not showing a trace of ketones you are not in ketosis and still burning glucose. Very low carbohydrate diets are not ketogenic diets and ketones are not being produced. Very low carb diets are typically >50g to 150g of carbs/d.

So is it uncommon to burn fat at rest? Absolutely not, at rest, fat constitutes as much as 85 percent of calories burned. The breakdown of fatty acids, called fatty acid oxidation or beta (β)-oxidation which is converted into acetyl CoA, to be used by the KREBS cycle which later on produces ATP for energy. If excessive acetyl CoA is created from the oxidation of fatty acids and the Krebs cycle is overloaded and cannot handle it, the acetyl CoA is diverted to create ketone bodies. Therefore, when glucose levels/carbohydrate intake are low, triglycerides can be converted into acetyl CoA molecules and used to generate ATP through aerobic respiration (see above). This is NOT ketosis but lipolysis. Ketosis does not happen quickly and the body must be depleted of glucose for a long period of time. That certainly doesn't mean we are in ketosis at rest. Hell test it for yourself. IN order for the body to be in ketosis β-hydroxybutyrate, acetoacetate, and acetone levels produced n the liver have to be detectable, that takes more than sleep or rest. This is not going to happen UNLESS you take in less than 50g of carbohydrate per day. Sleeping, rest or what ever you want to do. Just the blood glucose levels dropping does not signify ketosis.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear