over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shingles

JustWannaBeHuge

FOUNDING Member / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Has anyone ever had this? How long did it last for you? After it healed was there still pain?

I've been out of it for a few days now as I've been dealing with this and bronchitis at the same time, the pain from shingles is bad enough as it is, but when coughing from the bronchitis, holy shit the pain is fucking unreal.

The dr gave me something to up clear it up and also pain pills, but the pills are doing nothing for the pain except destroy my appetite, I've dropped about 10 lbs in the last week as I'm barely eating anything.

The Dr is telling me to be prepared as the pain can last few weeks... as it's highly individual on how it goes away.

Yeah... One of the shittiest things I've dealt with. It's been a long time, but I remember it clearing up roughly a week after I was prescribed Valtrex. Maybe a little longer.

No, the pain did not linger after that for ME, but yeah I've heard about it lingering a while for some people. Possibly for those who don't treat it right away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I dont know much about it. Sure hope you heal quickly.

I got valtrex first day seen lesion and it cleared up within a week. I did accident break one lesions left and indented small scar so don't like st them or anything.

Sorry to hear about that man. I have a co-worker who has flare-ups with it, and he is just completely miserable. I feel so sorry for him when he is going through it.

You will clear up and be pain free once the infection is quelled. Viruses respond much better when they are treated immediately, so hopefully you caught it early. I see a LOT of shingles in the er, our patient population is mostly seniors. The vaccine is available but it by no means prevents recurrence.

I had it on my head and neck. Hurt so bad I couldn’t even sleep on a pillow... cleared up after a week or so of valtrex, no scarring afterwards

i had post shingles pain for about a year....

yup!
fucking sucks!

no suggestions here, just lived with the pain i think i still have scars too.
think i had for a month or so.

the biggest thing it to try and avoid it with staying healthy.

pretty sure this happened once after going back on aas coupled with lots of stress.

stress/drugs/bad living all gona make this happen.
you gotta keep the immune system healthy.

good luck trying to figure that out. lol

My wife had shingles a few years ago. No fun, very painful.
Like others have said (accurately), unfortunately you just
live with pain. It will go away in time. Valtrax will help if
taken early enough. Real pain meds help if you can tolerate
them. And the scaring, at least in my wife’s case, went
away with time. A vaccine can help prevent or lessen
future occurrences is my understanding.

Hope you feel better soon.

Attachments

• shingles.jpg
    shingles.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 162
my training partner is going thru this right now, really nasty, swelled his shut, lots of marks all around his eye and face and the doc says theres potential of permanent eye damage from it. He's stressing huge which I'm sure isn't helping recovery. His doc told him the aas were likely the culprit for making his immune system susceptible. He's scabbed over now and the doc told him hes safe to head back to the gym so he's back now but looks like hell, and quite honestly I'm nervous being around it given the horror stories from people that have gone thru it but I hear it's pretty tough to catch. He was scripted valtrex and then moved on to a stronger med don't know which one. Shitty thing for him was he needed steroid drops for his eye and he couldn't use them while the virus was active.

You will clear up and be pain free once the infection is quelled. Viruses respond much better when they are treated immediately, so hopefully you caught it early. I see a LOT of shingles in the er, our patient population is mostly seniors. The vaccine is available but it by no means prevents recurrence.

here in Canada that vaccine isn't recommended til you're elderly. Is there any negative to us younger guys getting it? if aas does compromise our immune system it seems like it'd be worthwhile.

my training partner is going thru this right now, really nasty, swelled his shut, lots of marks all around his eye and face and the doc says theres potential of permanent eye damage from it. He's stressing huge which I'm sure isn't helping recovery. His doc told him the aas were likely the culprit for making his immune system susceptible. He's scabbed over now and the doc told him hes safe to head back to the gym so he's back now but looks like hell, and quite honestly I'm nervous being around it given the horror stories from people that have gone thru it but I hear it's pretty tough to catch. He was scripted valtrex and then moved on to a stronger med don't know which one. Shitty thing for him was he needed steroid drops for his eye and he couldn't use them while the virus was active.

the steroids in the eye are most likely corticoids, not aas.
they help to reduce the innflamation.

gear=innflamation for most
systemic, cellular innflamation and excess oxidation.

if that were not the case the body would take care of it.

these are signs of bigger problems.

i woulnd go to the gym like that.. just so not cool for the others.
best to keep your illnesses at home! lol
:naughty:

the steroids in the eye are most likely corticoids, not aas.
they help to reduce the innflamation.

gear=innflamation for most
systemic, cellular innflamation and excess oxidation.

if that were not the case the body would take care of it.

these are signs of bigger problems.

i woulnd go to the gym like that.. just so not cool for the others.
best to keep your illnesses at home! lol
:naughty:

I know they were corticosteroids but the doctor told him they were not safe while the virus was active. I don't know how good that info was or not just what he told me his doc had said.

and I hear you on not going to the gym, I feel the same way, I told him to stay away. He's a recovering fatty, even after losing weight he still sees the fat guy, got some dysmorphia issues, so that he stayed out while contagious was a miracle lol I hate it when sick guys drag themselves to the gym passing their shit around.

thanks for the input guys... I was on cycle for about 5-6 weeks, then got very stressful as I had to fly out to a few accounts that are roughly about 40% of my income that were threatening to go to a competitor unless we flew out for a face to face... and i had to deal with bronctitis too. so i'm sure the stress, juice and health issues all created the perfect storm to get it going.

either way, this is a constant pain, it's annoying as hell. the dr said she believes we got the meds in time to help speed the healing, but i couldn't go right away as i was in Tx then AR and had to fly back home. so that may be also playing into why it's hurting so bad due to not going to the dr right away.

thanks again.

here in Canada that vaccine isn't recommended til you're elderly. Is there any negative to us younger guys getting it? if aas does compromise our immune system it seems like it'd be worthwhile.

I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone under 50. The shame is half the cases I see of shingles already had the vaccine.. not sure what that says for the efficacy of the vaccine..

I came down with chicken pox at the age of 28 or so. I had never had it as a child and there wasn't a vaccine yet or it had just come out. Somehow the chicken pox transitioned into shingles at the end. I went to a dermatologist.

I think I was already on an antiviral and she put me on some hydrocodone but that didn't kill the pain. Called her back and she prescribed some oxycodone and that made the pain bearable. Wow does it hurt. To me it felt like someone had poured dilute hydrochloric acid on my skin all over my body. Ive had some on my hand before and the pain was real similar. You really don't understand the pain until it happens to you.

Mine finally cleared up. I think I was sick for about 6 weeks between the chicken pox and shingles. I am pretty sure I came down with chicken pox because another teacher at school had a case of the shingles. It was the computer teacher and I had to go into his room and use his computer one day. I must have picked it up on the keyboard or something. Guess it is really contagious.

I know they were corticosteroids but the doctor told him they were not safe while the virus was active. I don't know how good that info was or not just what he told me his doc had said.

and I hear you on not going to the gym, I feel the same way, I told him to stay away. He's a recovering fatty, even after losing weight he still sees the fat guy, got some dysmorphia issues, so that he stayed out while contagious was a miracle lol I hate it when sick guys drag themselves to the gym passing their shit around.

yeah, super gross.

im in the same boat.
dropped 100lbs 20 years ago n still paranoid im gona wake up a fat fuck!. lol

dysmorphia is so bad, if i dont know its me by seeing my face. i dont kno wthe person in the pic. lol

thanks for the input guys... I was on cycle for about 5-6 weeks, then got very stressful as I had to fly out to a few accounts that are roughly about 40% of my income that were threatening to go to a competitor unless we flew out for a face to face... and i had to deal with bronctitis too. so i'm sure the stress, juice and health issues all created the perfect storm to get it going.

either way, this is a constant pain, it's annoying as hell. the dr said she believes we got the meds in time to help speed the healing, but i couldn't go right away as i was in Tx then AR and had to fly back home. so that may be also playing into why it's hurting so bad due to not going to the dr right away.

thanks again.

bro, keep in mind that shit is in you for life.
as you get older it will get worse.

i strongly suggest thinking about the big pic.

i had it all over my back, n all i could think was how to i be sure i never have it again!

so gross, ruined several pairs of sheets with yukkyness.

good luck!

My wife had it too. Stress related for sure. However, even with her proximity to me and all that went on, I never got it. Luck of the genes....maybe. But taking care of my immune system CONSTANTLY couldn't have hurt.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws