over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shit about to hit the fan...

Tyrone said:
You got it man...It'll have to be checked luggage;)
PM'in ya in a sec.
Good to go bro!!

I was posting this over a year ago and nobody appeared to believe me!

edge250 said:
so technically i wont be able to buy vitamins to improve my health but i will be able to go to the corner liquor store for a pack of smokes and a fifth of wiskey.

Actually, no where in this entire document does it say anything is being banned. It's being "regulated" or recategorized into one of several different groups to define which supplements or practices will fall under scrutiny of the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act.

We'll see where this leads us but I'm not sure now is the time to panic. There's always a loophole, and if you read through this document you'll see that Food is defined as anything that man can eat or drink. Last I checked, I DRINK my protein shake, not inject it.

Heavy_Lifter said:
You can send a pre-written message to Congress via this link:

**broken link removed**

Just fill out the required field at the bottom. Thanks guys.

Errr, I may have over reacted. These legal-type documents are difficult for me to interpret. From another website:

"While the OCA was initially very concerned about this alert, which we recieved from Mike Adams' News Target organization, after painstaking review of the FDA guidance document we have determined that the document does not call for any NEW regulatory or enforcement action, but merely clarifies existing ways that the FDA classifies (or "thinks") about different types of products used in alternative and complementary medicine. After some discussion with our colleagues in the natural health freedom movement, we have decided that this document is not of any real significance."

**broken link removed**

Sorry for all this guys, it seems there is no immediate (1 May 2007) concern.

You were spot on.

BrooklynBB said:
Actually, no where in this entire document does it say anything is being banned. It's being "regulated" or recategorized into one of several different groups to define which supplements or practices will fall under scrutiny of the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act.

We'll see where this leads us but I'm not sure now is the time to panic. There's always a loophole, and if you read through this document you'll see that Food is defined as anything that man can eat or drink. Last I checked, I DRINK my protein shake, not inject it.

why in gods name

are they not monitoring tobacco...???????

oh, special interest groups and kickbacks... how silly of me :rolleyes:

"i love my country, but i hate my govt"

excuse me while i go vomit

Isn't this a good thing, for the consumer. Now products will have to meet label claims. It will have to contain what it says and do what is claimed. Hopefully this will weed out all the bullshit products that are completely useless and don't do jackshit. How many supplement companies make a product, hype it up to sound like the greatest thing when in reality it's just another bullshit product to scam people out of money. Like all those diet pills that people buy. Now the FDA will step in and say, NO this product doesn't do what is claimed. How many weight gainers or protein powders do you think really meet up to their labels? None of it is regulated, the supplement company can put any numbers on there.

Am I missing something here? What if our food wasn't regulated? Would you feel the same way?

help me stick it to the man

i just signed it and left my opinion

:mad:

this is what America has become..... and we wonder why we can't win a war against a bunch of 7th century goat-fucking throat-cutters. :confused:[/QUOTE]

i used part of your post in my comments to the fda----i liked it thought they would to:D

my message i sent to them see below

In reference to Docket No. 2006D-0480.

You guys are getting crazier and crazier, our government keeps getting bigger and bigger trying to control anything they can get there hands on. Now you guys want to control vitamins and herbs. Give me a damn break. Why not spend our (tax payers) money on something thats worth a shit. For instance, helping all the people who are Americans in this country and are starving. Or, actually doing something about the coke, meth and heroine problem that we have. These examples probably are to difficult for you to understand, so just use our money to fix the damn potholes all over the country. My point is do something that matters, and not spend millions and millions to regulate vitamins and herbs.

You guys are so messed up, this is what America has become..... and we wonder why we can't win a war against a bunch of 7th century goat-fucking throat-cutters.

absolutely pathetic

you can send them a message here

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scrip...UMENT_ID=1451&SUBTYP=CONTINUE&CID=&AGENCY=FDA

Not going down like you guys are thinkin.

Its the last round of designer oral steroids that probably caused this.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear