over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shitty sleep, waking up feeling like a truck hit me

emcewen

Registered
Any position I fall asleep in seems to give me some sort of ache or pain that wakes me up.

I'm fairly certain it's due to weight gain, I had no problem sleeping at 210-220, now at 242lbs, I'll wake up with 2 spots in my spine that feel stretched, my shoulders are locked up and my neck is tight.

I'm currently bulking, so weight loss is taking the back seat for now and I'm sure once I drop weight I'll feel better, but in the mean time, does anyone have some suggestions for better sleep? I can't imagine how guys that are close to 300 sleep. Must be impossible to get good rest.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've struggled with the same issues.. I can only really sleep in one position now. On side with a firm tall pillow for head with my bottom arm underneath, a pillow between the legs, and a pillow to throw my arm around... getting used to a new sleeping position takes a min but it's worth it... I guess sleeping on your back is simplest way but sleep apnea becomes more of an issue, especially as you gain weight.

do you sleep on your stomach , side or back

if i sleep on my stomach and have a pillow under my head I'll wake up with terrible neck and upper back stiffness.

if i sleep on my side i have to have something to rest my top arm on , i use a single pillow case with 2 pillows stuffed in it.

i have these issues no matter what my weight is though.

you just need time to adapt to it...

the longer you stay at a higher body weight the easier
and better it will be...

:)

The most comfortable is face down with a pillow under my stomach. Unfortunately my neck gets sore this way from facing right or left. If I sleep on my side my shoulder gets fucked, on my back I snore like a chainsaw. In fact I wake myself up the most from snoring.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

sleep apnea bro....

Sounds like sleep apnea from what information you offered. I'm not your doctor and can't diagnose you over the internet but I suggest getting a sleep study done if you have the capacity to do so.

sleep apnea mate. get a sleep study done and see if you need a CPAC machine to help u get some quality deep REM sleep. From the sounds of it you do!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

I have no issues, I'm only around 235 right now though. I sleep with my chick wrapped around me until I get hot and have to tell her to cuddle her blankets lol.

She wants the warmth but I need the house on like 65 degrees to really sleep comfortably, she likes it on 75. so we meet at 69-70.

On Tren, if my estrogen is out of wack and I'm holding water, or if I have a big carb meal before bed I just lay in sweat which does mess with my sleep. But that's about the only time.

I have to lay on my back or my arms will fall asleep on my side.

When I am up in the 240s I sleep on my back but my lady does complain about my snoring, it gets bad and there's no way I'm getting good sleep when I'm heavier unless I take a sleep aid(benzo). BUT what I truly probably need is a CPAP machine.

Last edited:
I just had my first colonoscopy and when I came to the doc told me by colon was fine but I had terrible sleep apnea. I've been tired a lot and I think it's catching up to me.

Follow up appointment is tomorrow regarding a sleep study.

sounds exactly how I felt before I got my cpap

I diagnosed my own sleep apnea about a year ago

like a boss :cool:

There's no way I could use those sleep apnea machines. If I have It I'll have to live with it. There's no way I could sleep with that mask on my face with the hose attached. I'm probably older than most and I don't need one.

Last edited:
I sleep like a bear hibernating,but I snore like a grizzly bear roar...My PCP wants me to have a sleep test done because of the snoring...I got stabbed right above my left eye through my eye socket,very lucky I didn't lose vision permanently...They left the blade behind in s struggle and it was 9 inch blade,story short had to have emergency surgery and it went through a lot of my sinus cavities and they had to stitch a lot up it was a 13 hr surgery so yeah pretty serious... But I never snored before that happened and I only believe I snore because of it...I don't want to bother with the sleep test bc of this...No matter how I'm laying I'm snoring my ass off...To me not sleep apnea no other symptoms, I just snore...What you guys think,Idk really...

THE REAPER

I sleep like a bear hibernating,but I snore like a grizzly bear roar...My PCP wants me to have a sleep test done because of the snoring...I got stabbed right above my left eye through my eye socket,very lucky I didn't lose vision permanently...They left the blade behind in s struggle and it was 9 inch blade,story short had to have emergency surgery and it went through a lot of my sinus cavities and they had to stitch a lot up it was a 13 hr surgery so yeah pretty serious... But I never snored before that happened and I only believe I snore because of it...I don't want to bother with the sleep test bc of this...No matter how I'm laying I'm snoring my ass off...To me not sleep apnea no other symptoms, I just snore...What you guys think,Idk really...

THE REAPER

How heavy are you Big Dawg? I'd still be willing to bed you have SOME sleep apnea issues going on. I self diagnosed myself too :rolleyes:

Girlfriend was biiiitching about my snoring and I was sleepy shitty (i just assumed it was from the Tren...) went and got a sleep study done AFTER my blast and sure enough, sleep apnea.

The only difference I have is that my doc didnt IMMEDIATELY write me off for a CPAP. I went to a tip top sleep institute in NYC and they said that there are several other ways to handle sleep apnea now OTHER than CPAPs. I actually wear a mouth guard that forces me to have a giant underbite...basically forces my lower jaw forward to allow me to breathe easy through my mouth. Works for me....BUT..i'm on Tren E now and i am having the wooorst fucking sleeps. :(

How heavy are you Big Dawg? I'd still be willing to bed you have SOME sleep apnea issues going on. I self diagnosed myself too :rolleyes:

Girlfriend was biiiitching about my snoring and I was sleepy shitty (i just assumed it was from the Tren...) went and got a sleep study done AFTER my blast and sure enough, sleep apnea.

The only difference I have is that my doc didnt IMMEDIATELY write me off for a CPAP. I went to a tip top sleep institute in NYC and they said that there are several other ways to handle sleep apnea now OTHER than CPAPs. I actually wear a mouth guard that forces me to have a giant underbite...basically forces my lower jaw forward to allow me to breathe easy through my mouth. Works for me....BUT..i'm on Tren E now and i am having the wooorst fucking sleeps. :(
I am sitting around 300#s,pretty lean...Been a big guy since I was 13 lol...

THE REAPER

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420