advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shooting Pain In Arms During Lifting. Any Ideas.

Deepsea

Registered
I'm new here and am curious about a pain that I've been having in my ligaments or tendons in my arms. I get a shooting pain up my arms when I lift Bi's. It's not during the lift but as soon as the weight is set down a pain runs up both arms. Has anyone ever experienced this? Is there anything out there to strengthen tendons. I've been told that when a muscle grows rapidly sometimes the tendon cannot keep up. Is there anyway to make it keep up?

This does not sound like a tendon issue, but rather nerve. Sounds like after you lift there is a place somewhere in your body where there is pressure on one of the nerves innervating your arms. It could be anywhere from your shoulder on down. Where does the pain start at? If it runs all the way down your entire arm it might be in your shoulder, which involves the brachial plexus. Might want to see an orthopedic or DO

Nah bro, its normal, i know exactly what your talking about. After doing a 6-12 rep set with a decent amount of weight it hurts right when you release your grip on the bar. Seems like it just has to do with having your wrist turned backwards doing curls.

The pain takes place in the forearm region. It hurts like a mofo and sometimes makes me not even want to lift arms. I already went to the doctor and he told me sometimes muscles can handle way more than the tendons can especially in the case of steroid users.??? I'm not sure what can be done though in order to aleviate this pain.

Don't grip the bar so hard, you are holding it too tight and fatiguing your forearm musculature.

If your talking about Straight BB curls. Alot of people get this. If you just work through it, it seems to subside overtime.

I don't think I'm holding on too tight but I will try to hold my grilp looser anyway. And for the other response I can't see how I'm just supposed to work through it. It's been going on for over a month now, I'm still lifting but the pain is getting worse as well. I had an xray and everything looks normal so I know it's just something stupid but can't figure it out. Everyone tells me to just stop lifting for a while and maybe it will go away but I'm sure everyone agrees "I can't do that".

straps

You use weight lifting straps to lock in so its takes the grip out? If not you need to try that and see if that helps much. I myself only strap in if im going heavier.

I've never really used straps because they feel awkward to me but I will definately give it a shot. I'm not going really heavy. I'm staying around 115 lbs.

Sounds like fore arm splints...I've had them. Before I've used wraps to keep the tendon in place, I've switched to just DB curls, and I've just let the tendon get used to it. All worked to some extent. I don't do straight BB curls any longer though.

Thanks for the advice. I have noticed that it only hurts with straight barbell curls like you're stating. I don't feel the pain nearly as much when I'm doing dumbell curls. Did the pain just completely subside after stopping with the straight bar.

Thanks for the advice. I have noticed that it only hurts with straight barbell curls like you're stating. I don't feel the pain nearly as much when I'm doing dumbell curls. Did the pain just completely subside after stopping with the straight bar.

I would keep pushing through the pain with either straight or EZ curl's and it hurt pretty damn bad. After that, other movements where grip was essential like back training/other would kill the fore arms too. There was one time when it eventually subsided but after a bit of a lay off the pain was back the next day of training. I don't have any pain with db's ever.

I think it's the heavy straight bb curls that started it and then even the ez's hurt. However, I don't think the ez curls hurt if not allready antagonized by the straight.

Thanks bro that helps

Sounds like fore arm splints...I've had them. Before I've used wraps to keep the tendon in place, I've switched to just DB curls, and I've just let the tendon get used to it. All worked to some extent. I don't do straight BB curls any longer though.
Took the words right out of my mouth with this one. Also try using a thumbless grip when you curl. It takes some of the pressure of of the forearms.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131