over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Short vs Long Cycle

LJack

Registered
Yeah I know, there are probably threads on this, and it's a subject as old as my worse jokes...but I still wanted to get some fresh input. I had posted a thread regarding tren vs NPP, and I appreciate the feedback. My decision was somewhat made up to go with tren when I realized it would be weeks longer until I could get NPP. I thought of incorporating it because it will be so close to summer when I start. My dilemma is whether or not to use it to kick off a 14-15weeker, or do 6 weeks of just prop/tren/var and do pct. Maybe it's late and I just got caught up in reading an excerpt of short cycle doctrine, but the only reason I would consider it is for the faster recovery after, and preserving normal lipid profiles. So here it is gentlemen, two options

(short) week 1-5: Prop 125/tren 100 EOD week 1-6 var 50mg ED
-- PCT for 4+ weeks--
10-12 weeks Test/eq @ 500mg/400mg

(long) Same as above, but start incorporating Test/Eq on the last week of tren/prop cycle and run for the aforementioned 10-12 weeks

I am also contemplating trying the new GNRH halfway through to wake up the boys, similar to hcg (because I can't get it at the moment). Any feedback/advice with that would be appreciated as well. Thx

Honestly now, are you running the cycle to obtain a goal or just to get the "on" look for summer? Seems like the latter since you're picking your second favorite option based on an impending season change. A few weeks.

Regardless, sounds like you're extending for bad reasons. If I were to run a cycle to look "good for summer" id keep the shit short and recover easily. Longer cycles I reserve for serious, huge progress markers.

1- set achievable, realistic, quantifiable goals.

2- Plan cycle around goals

3- stay on until you achieve your goal

So, if you want to gain 10lbs of lean mass or drop 10 pounds of fat, 6-8 week short ester cycle is the way to go. If you want to put on 30 pounds or go from 20% to 6%, a 20 week long ester cycle would be your best bet. This is how I structure everything, but cruise between "cycles".

EDIT: also, don't be afraid to extend the run a few more weeks to achieve your goal or cut it short if you hit goals early.

Short cycles are a joke...of course I aint been off since uhhhh another millenia. So I guess if your goals are acheivable in 8 weeks then cool. Personally I would be more conservative and allow more time BUT I DONT PCT so I dont worry about hard shutdown.

yet come off and you will loose the 'goal' you set your self, the hard truth of gear!

I understand setting goals and designing your cycle around them. I used to powerlift as a teenager, have a couple state records. I also train mma, though not as often after an injury NOT suffered from training. I have spent enough time back and forth with training intensities over the last year, due to the injury, that I am still a little below where I have been while off. The joints feel a little better while on, and because of an insurance debaucle I am in the middle of thats preventing me from seeing if I need further treatment, that and peptides is my "assistance" to helping me get back in the shape ive been in, and hopefully better. Im able to do enough training to make a difference, I just try to avoid bothersome exercises (wish I knew this stuff yrs ago!). My goal is quite obviously both strength and lean gains, in a fast acting starting cycle. Not, however, at the cost of bloat, big bp increases, or i'd be looking for anadrol and omnas. My concern is both the recovery post cycle (why I mentioned the gnrh mid and end cycle-still want some feedback), and keeping gains in short vs long cycles. And as far as the 'on' look is concerned, I know several guys who are on and dont look any better than I do. To me, im out of shape and weak compared to my potential, but can still outlift most guys my size as well as some twice my size. I may not feel as motivated, but I dont take 6 mo off and then get on a bunch of gear come march so I can look like im dedicated. Im not saying thats only what you were implying, but I cant stand those guys.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws