over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shortening life span by using AAS

In addition to AS use increasing calories is not allways good. Newer studies are surfacing called "Calorie Restriction diets" and how to slow down the aging process. The bodybiulding diet of 6-8 meals a day is not allways good. The standard 3 meals per day seems to be what scientists say keep us healthy and living longer.

This has been known for a while, proven by the people of Okinawa amongst others...small calorie dense meals and longest life spans of all.

well, fair enough....i can understand a belief in "fate" or what have you, to a certain extent, but you cant possibly think that if i go out and over dose on heroine tonight and die that i didnt shorten my life as a direct result of the choices i made? if that is the case, then our decisions in life have no effect on what is going to happen to us? there are no consequences? with all due respect (seriously), i just cant understand how someone could believe that.

in regards to the life shortening effects of AAS... 100% no doubt about that it can shorten your life. aspirin can shorten your life. mcdonalds can shorten your life. using in moderation, and abusing are 2 different things, but even then if your genetics are such, you may be prone to experience life shortening effects on what many consider safe dosages and compounds.

in reality, the question is a philosophical one as it is too vague for a more scientific, literal answer to be given.

So why argue philosophy? If you believe in fate, then even if you do go overdose on drugs tonight, it would mean that is what you were supposed to do and that is the time you were meant to die.

You are basically arguing over the entire premise of the Matrix movies and the root of ever religious debate.

It is like arguing with him about whether God exists.

This has been known for a while, proven by the people of Okinawa amongst others...small calorie dense meals and longest life spans of all.

might not be the quantities of their food but quality.
good organic veggies and fish.all not overly processed.

Everything we do is shortening our life.

Read 'The Blue Zones'
It's about areas in the world with the highest concentrations of people living to the age of 100 or higher.
They do things like:
moderate activity (walking, gardening)
small amounts of high quality food
low stress lifestyles
Strong sense of community

basically the opposite of everything we do as Powerlifters/BB'ers/Strongmen/athletes.

I'm not gonna bring too much religion into this discussion as I know there are many different beliefs about it among the individuals on the boards, but I will share my view on the issue...

Several others have already brought up smokers who live to be old as dirt and smokers who died early in life. The same about those who eat red meat, or drink heavily, or even use rec drugs-nobody can determine why some people can do these things and live long while some die young, just like nobody can explain why some individuals who live healthy and active lives by 'doctors standards' die young. The way I look at it is that each individual person is put on earth for a reason and is put here to accomplish something specific, and once it is accomplished, God allows something to happen to "call them home", but until his purpose for a person is met then they will remain alive. I do believe also that the decisions we make about what we put in our bodies and the things we do day to day have a direct effect on the quality of lives we lead and our health while we are alive though. Example: someone who smokes and gets emphysema will have a lower quality of life until purpose is fulfilled than someone who doesn't...This could go so many diff directions its not even funny, and I may have just opened up a can of worms, but its my opinion and that's all. No more, no less...take it for what its worth!

I would rather use AAS in a responsible manner and live a life I feel good about in a body I feel good about until my # is called and I die...we will never understand some things in life, we just have to learn to accept them...

All I got to say is Arnold doesnt look too bad, Hulk hogan, and Lou ferrigno. I hate when people are like your going to die at 40, cuz these guys cycled for years and are all still alive . These are just some names that came off the top of my head theres so many others

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131