YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Should all blasts/cycles be ran with statins?

My uncle had a pretty bad reaction to a statin when first prescribed. I was hesitant for a long time but I run pretty high rbc and hematocrit and there is a study with that combined with higher ldl/tris where statin made a massive difference in stroke risk (was going to be a long study but results were apparently overwhelming very quickly). Anyway I'd done just about all I could with diet/activity basics (made major progress but not all the way) and doctor got me over the hurdle. My ldl and tris are amazing now though I'm still working diet and other angles hard as I can. I take atorvastatin 10mg daily.

Yes, I'll take a big fat L on statins. I used to think they were poison and you'll find old posts from me saying such. More recent research has proven me wrong.

Forget LDL. High Apo B is a killer. Statins reduce Apo B. I use a low dose of 10mg with 10mg Ezetimibe.

All bodybuilders should use one. In fact, most humans should.

Yes they should prevent further build up if enough is taken. I still am a bit skeptical about lowering LDL too much though, since our cells do use it. And yes Apo B should also be lowered. There are even studies that show plaque reversal with statins.

I used to be very hesitant toward taking statins, however the data is overwhelmingly convincing. Also a little bit of anecdotal stuff, my dad had a heart attack at 49 and has been taking statins ever since with 0 side effects for over 2 decades. I’ve myself been on for years now with 0 side effects also.

My uncle had a pretty bad reaction to a statin when first prescribed. I was hesitant for a long time but I run pretty high rbc and hematocrit and there is a study with that combined with higher ldl/tris where statin made a massive difference in stroke risk (was going to be a long study but results were apparently overwhelming very quickly). Anyway I'd done just about all I could with diet/activity basics (made major progress but not all the way) and doctor got me over the hurdle. My ldl and tris are amazing now though I'm still working diet and other angles hard as I can. I take atorvastatin 10mg daily.

Often guys will say gains will be slower? What has been your experience?

I’ve read that statins increase calcification of the arteries. I’ll never use them.
Not true

Do you find that you need coq10 to go with it? Or I vaguely remember you've always used ubiquinol. Maybe mixing you up with someone else but I don't think so.
statins lower CoQ10 so it makes sense to take it to make sure this doesn't happen. Ubiquinol is more bioavailable by about 2:1 and also more expensive. So using 200mg Uniquinol is roughly the same as 400mg CoQ10 (which is cheaper).

I’d look into ezetimibe before a statin, if talking pharmaceuticals. Plenty of supps as a first measure.

Not to mention the way statins ultimately allow for more plaque build up if I recall correctly through inhibition of k2 in some way.
Ezetimibe really lowered my LDL and Apo B like nothing else I've ever used. I was very impressed.

I mean if someone says they had a bad reaction to a statin, who am I to say it's not true? However, anecdotes are still the lowest form of evidence.

I think dose is key too. I use the lowest dose of 10mg with 10mg Ezetimbine. It's better to combine them than use a high dose of statins. Many people are on 40mg or even more.

Hello,

If Androgens skew our HDL/LDL values, should we not use statins like Rosuvastatin, Atorvastatin to prevent this? I believe raised LDL and lowered HDL overtime causes atherosclerosis, which is a potentially serious condition where arteries become clogged with fatty substances called plaque. Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the leading cause of death globally, taking an estimated 17.9 million lives each year.

We take AI's, SERM's to prevent excess estrogen, and other stuff to prevent high blood pressure etc.. So why do we ignore cholesterol?

Am I missing something?

Please let me know.

Thoughts?
We don’t all take AIs and not all the time plus statins make most feel off so if needed yea but why just take a drug you don’t need. Cardio is what everyone should do.

My cholesterol levels have never been a problem when i have been on a cycle. But i have low cholesterol to start. So taking a statin would probably not be in my best interest. Taking one may lower my cholesterol levels more. But when i look at all cause mortality low cholesterol does not seem to equate to longer life. Most cholesterol, research is geared to the heart. And what may be good for the heart is not necessarily the best thing for other systems of the body.

Yes, I'll take a big fat L on statins. I used to think they were poison and you'll find old posts from me saying such. More recent research has proven me wrong.

Forget LDL. High Apo B is a killer. Statins reduce Apo B. I use a low dose of 10mg with 10mg Ezetimibe.

All bodybuilders should use one. In fact, most humans should.

I think that the only mandatory thing for bodybuilding is CARDIO and training balls to the wall.
Since I started both, LDL never went over 90.

Often guys will say gains will be slower? What has been your experience?
Haven’t noticed a difference personally. But I’m also done gaining. No need to get bigger at 44 years old (for me).

Like the other guy said, that's one thing they do, do well, is calcify soft plaque, preventing rupture...
Thats why this recent "get a calcium test" fiasco is a bit silly. Its one piece of a giant puzzle, yet people think they are all set if they have zero calcium.
2 firends, early 60's, both had widow-maker heart-atatcks and bypasses, almost died. Very low lipids, and zero calcium.
They did however, have tons of soft-plaque. Only intrusive tests (nuclear-stress, etc) will show that. For some, some calcium is life saving...
I completely understand your point of view. If what you say is true—calcification of the arteries would actually help prevent heart attacks and strokes unless the calcification leads to severe stenosis restricting blood flow. I’ve heard doctors make this same argument.

That’s because they calcify existing plaques which makes them less prone to rupture. But you do you.
I have some mild calcification in my aorta due to being older, but I don’t take statins. So I don’t think it would be wise for me to take statins because they might enhance the calcification build up I already have—leading to needing a valve replacement sooner in life, as opposed to just letting my body heal itself naturally. The more drugs you take, the worse things can get.

Just like we shouldn't be popping AI year round "just because", I don't think we should just be taking any pharmaceuticals all the time. There is a host of natural remedies and diet changes that can happen to improve a lot of health markers. Trying to take as few "drugs to combat drugs" just seems logical to me.

All opinion of course
This 100 percent.i think a good majority of the population thinks if a drug exists they should be taking it. The healthiest people I know take no drugs. When I meet someone and they start naming a laundry list of medications they take I'm not thinking "damn your so healthy" rather the exact opposite.

I completely understand your point of view. If what you say is true—calcification of the arteries would actually help prevent heart attacks and strokes unless the calcification leads to severe stenosis restricting blood flow. I’ve heard doctors make this same argument.
It helps to a point. Of course tons of calcium is not a good thing either.

This 100 percent.i think a good majority of the population thinks if a drug exists they should be taking it. The healthiest people I know take no drugs. When I meet someone and they start naming a laundry list of medications they take I'm not thinking "damn your so healthy" rather the exact opposite.

It depends on why you are taking it. For existence, having high blood pressure or high HbA1c or LDL above 70 should be non-negotiable if you're practising responsible use. In my opinion, you should be willing to do ANYTHING even use medications to bring those values down ASAP whether you are on gear or not.

Most doctors in the UK will give a patient medication when it's too late. However, the same medication given 5 years before would have prevented the illness/disease.

Like they say

"ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

It depends on why you are taking it. For existence, having high blood pressure or high HbA1c or LDL above 70 should be non-negotiable if you're practising responsible use. In my opinion, you should be willing to do ANYTHING even use medications to bring those values down ASAP whether you are on gear or not.

Most doctors in the UK will give a patient medication when it's too late. However, the same medication given 5 years before would have prevented the illness/disease.

Like they say

"ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"
There are some who need medicine because they are unwilling to make life style changes or they don't work. But I wouldn't call taking drugs preventative, it would be responding. Prevention would be all the things that can be done to lower blood pressure before medicine (cure) is needed

For example if my bp is high I may lose weight, up cardio, limit sodium, stress, caffeine (preventative).

If that doesn't work, or I am unwilling (not ideal) then get medicine (cure) which comes with additional risks.

There are some who need medicine because they are unwilling to make life style changes or they don't work. But I wouldn't call taking drugs preventative, it would be responding. Prevention would be all the things that can be done to lower blood pressure before medicine (cure) is needed

For example if my bp is high I may lose weight, up cardio, limit sodium, stress, caffeine (preventative).

If that doesn't work, or I am unwilling (not ideal) then get medicine (cure) which comes with additional risks.
What risks come with Nebivolol

What risks come with Nebivolol
I've never used it just due to my philosophy of I can fix a health issues with interventions other than drugs I give that 100% first. But here are some reports of people that had issues with that drug..

IMO if someone has a health issue such as high BP it's likely that the cause ... overweight... stressful job...diet will cause other health issues. So by actually addressing the root cause your preventing them too. While medicine just corrects that single issue the drug is taken for.

I've never used it just due to my philosophy of I can fix a health issues with interventions other than drugs I give that 100% first. But here are some reports of people that had issues with that drug..

IMO if someone has a health issue such as high BP it's likely that the cause ... overweight... stressful job...diet will cause other health issues. So by actually addressing the root cause your preventing them too. While medicine just corrects that single issue the drug is taken for.
This is exactly my point. You don’t know fuck all about drugs besides the ones you’re familiar with, yet you‘re constantly shitting on them and even vitamins because it fits your little narrative and persona.

got damn near 5000 posts and still a ghost, never once posted a picture. Zero self esteem, zero self confidence.

just want to come here and run that mouth about anything and everything like some fat ass hen in a sewing circle

this is why nobody takes you seriously

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner