advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Should classic physique stick to these guidelines?

eaglecall

Registered
If we do stick to this, perhaps it will change our view of the results at the Olympia. Still classic physique is not a complete established category. It has many adjustments to be done.

4cd69403a14102854eeb2f2dd43ec62b.jpg

what guidelines are you proposing?
I dont see any listed that should remain or change?
all I see is a picture?

Yes. Arm size should equal leg size. Screw big legs! They just make your dick look smaller. :eek:

Yes. Arm size should equal leg size. Screw big legs! They just make your dick look smaller. :eek:

I get what you're saying, but I would take Arnold Schwarzenegger's body or Frank Zane's body over ANY top BB'er nowadays. Idc if there legs look a little small comparatively.

I get what you're saying, but I would take Arnold Schwarzenegger's body or Frank Zane's body over ANY top BB'er nowadays. Idc if there legs look a little small comparatively.

Haha actually I wasn't being a smart ass. I was kind of almost serious. I much prefer the classic look over the stupid 35" legs. Yes, I'm hating because with my knees I can't even squat my body weight. But honestly, I would much rather have the body of Arnold or Serge Nubret over any of today's freaks. It's much more aesthetically pleasing and attractive.

Haha actually I wasn't being a smart ass. I was kind of almost serious. I much prefer the classic look over the stupid 35" legs. Yes, I'm hating because with my knees I can't even squat my body weight. But honestly, I would much rather have the body of Arnold or Serge Nubret over any of today's freaks. It's much more aesthetically pleasing and attractive.

My bad man, it seemed like you were being sarcastic. I think the massive quads are kinda grotesque. My quads grow quickly, and since I am competing this year its important to have big legs, but in all honestly I don't think smashing the fuck out of my knees is worth winning a competition. I see COUNTLESS 50+ bodybuilders who complain about knee problems. Actually, I'm going to start a thread on it.

If we do stick to this, perhaps it will change our view of the results at the Olympia. Still classic physique is not a complete established category. It has many adjustments to be done.

4cd69403a14102854eeb2f2dd43ec62b.jpg

All of them have beautiful muscles

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

what guidelines are you proposing?
I dont see any listed that should remain or change?
all I see is a picture?

The picture itself is the guidelines. THEY are "classic" physiques. The dilemma is, do we want to have our new category sticking to what you see in the picture, or are we trying to create a new concept that "resemble" these guys. So far is not clear yet what we have or what we want with guys jumping from bodybuilding into classic physique and guys jumping from physique into classic physique.

In my opinion these guys had the greatest bodies in history. As far as our new category, stick to exactly THIS. Harmony, balance, beauty, proportion, size, symmetry, health.

Classic physiques are born, not made by height and weight requirements. IMO classic in the NPC is a joke and is nothing more than a money maker for Manion and his crew

The picture itself is the guidelines. THEY are "classic" physiques. The dilemma is, do we want to have our new category sticking to what you see in the picture, or are we trying to create a new concept that "resemble" these guys. So far is not clear yet what we have or what we want with guys jumping from bodybuilding into classic physique and guys jumping from physique into classic physique.

In my opinion these guys had the greatest bodies in history. As far as our new category, stick to exactly THIS. Harmony, balance, beauty, proportion, size, symmetry, health.

I still dont understand
how do you take a picture and say this is the standard
humans dont have the ability to change muscle insertions, elongate or shrink their skeleton
If you took all of them and compared, all would be different
arnolds legs, small, franco waist wider etc etc

the picture isnt a standard. being a fan is one thing, but you cannot create a division based on a "look" of one or three bodybuilders
you will never find it again with another human, you may find "some" guys that are "similar", but how can they win a show based on that

also in that picture, for the most part, the conditioning is no where near where it needs to be and that look would be beat at just about every show

the height and weight guarantees no one can be the size of open competitors, even the 212
it will ensure a certain "bodytype" or "look"
whether or not you think they look like someone from the 70's is individual bias

there are some things I dont like about it, esp that everyone poses the same way (i dont see the difference between it and the open waving their hands for applause and hitting most musculars on each side of the stage)

As far as the standard
roundest fullest hardest wins

had to add Danny Padilla

Attachments

• padilla 5.jpeg
    padilla 5.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 330
Dennis "Danny" Padilla is an American bodybuilder nicknamed "The Giant Killer" because of his short stature and amazing ability to defeat much taller competitors - Wikipedia

Height: 5′ 2″ Born: April 3, 1951 (age 65), Rochester, NY

Attachments

• padilla 4.jpg
    padilla 4.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Serge Nubret is my all time favorite classic bodybuilder. His body is a work of art.

Attachments

• IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 214
That pick of Serge is incredible. Is there anyone out there nowadays who looks anything remotely close to what these guys looked like?

I still dont understand
how do you take a picture and say this is the standard
humans dont have the ability to change muscle insertions, elongate or shrink their skeleton
If you took all of them and compared, all would be different
arnolds legs, small, franco waist wider etc etc

the picture isnt a standard. being a fan is one thing, but you cannot create a division based on a "look" of one or three bodybuilders
you will never find it again with another human, you may find "some" guys that are "similar", but how can they win a show based on that

also in that picture, for the most part, the conditioning is no where near where it needs to be and that look would be beat at just about every show

the height and weight guarantees no one can be the size of open competitors, even the 212
it will ensure a certain "bodytype" or "look"
whether or not you think they look like someone from the 70's is individual bias

there are some things I dont like about it, esp that everyone poses the same way (i dont see the difference between it and the open waving their hands for applause and hitting most musculars on each side of the stage)

As far as the standard
roundest fullest hardest wins

No is not about creating a division based on a picture, but based on principles of body sculpting including health, beauty and symmetry. We don't have that today in professional bodybuilding. Genetically, not everybody will have those characteristics. Those people shouldn't be on stage to begin with.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws