over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Should I Cycle Test HRT?

Thesierragroup

Newbies
I have been on 160mg/week test HRT for about 8 months, along with tamoxifen and HCG. While I take test for overall health, I've noticed some good muscle gains. I'm wondering if I should take a break for a few months and then start up again, or if I should just continue the current regimen. I am 51 and my health is good, though my hematocrit is above the top end of the range from the test. Two weeks ago my test was measured at 775. Thanks.

Don't stop and go back on in a cycle style. Continue to take what you're taking and communicate with your doc. At your age the doctor may be willing to bump you up to around 200mgs which may get your test up around 1100. If not, you have the option to find a sponsor here to obtain something else to augment what you're taking in a "blast and cruise" type way.

I don't think many people here would advocate coming off completely once you're on hrt.

If your hematocrit level is high I really doubt your dr will give you more but he will probably want to lower your dose to get the hematocrit level in range. Donating blood is another option to lower the hematocrit level. Remember trt is fire life because you are not producing enough testosterone and trt puts you in the normal range. Coming off your levels will just drop back to below baseline which will leave you with low t and all the sides you had before

Last edited:
I have been on 160mg/week test HRT for about 8 months, along with tamoxifen and HCG. While I take test for overall health, I've noticed some good muscle gains. I'm wondering if I should take a break for a few months and then start up again, or if I should just continue the current regimen. I am 51 and my health is good, though my hematocrit is above the top end of the range from the test. Two weeks ago my test was measured at 775. Thanks.

Are you in the United States?

Firstly you don't just quit taking medications especially hormone replacement. There's always a tapering off period unless you are on antibiotics or short term pain meds from dentist etc...

Don't ever quit cold turkey on blood pressure, hormone etc.. medications.

About three weeks into your TRT/HRT (hormone replacement) your body sent signals to stop producing it's own testosterone. Guess what happens if you stop taking your prescribed testosterone at this point? You will crash. Your body will take months to get back up to speed producing it's own small amount (because you evidently weren't making enough on your own)

After about three weeks and there after you will experience one of the worst feelings of fatigue, depression and lack of energy and faint strength. So if you do anything taper the T dosage down to 125 first week, 100 second each week but stay on at least 100mg 1/2 ML or CC every week.

Tamoxifen/nolvadex is a SERM and your doctor is not up on his hormone information. What you should be on is an aromatase inhibitor (AI) Aromatase inhibitors work by inhibiting the action of the enzyme aromatase, which converts androgens into estrogens.

Excess testosterone will convert to estradiol and cause you to have high estrogen levels. You can get gynecomastia (breast tissue/man boobs) from that conversion and get real moody/emotional.

That's why you were given tamoxifen/nolvadex. Taking anastrozole/arimidex or any AI is the better choice of action.

Also the best current protocol is to split your prescribed dose into two smaller injections each week rather than one injection of the full dose each week. The conversion to estrogen is less.

It's not your fault the doctors don't know this. When it comes to male hormone replacement. An endocrinologist would know somewhat more, but guys that have been taking this stuff for years probably are more knowledgeable.

On high hematocrit levels donate a pint of blood. But tapering your weekly dose down will also help. Get lab work again,(lef.org) stay on top of that.

I wouldn't even tell the doctor your are tapering down, just continue getting your prescription and inject less. Don't ask for less testosterone from your doctor, you never know when you may need that extra.

Always rotate injection sites so as not to develop tough corky scar tissue.

Learn to use search engine here at professionalmuscle.com. Read this:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...d-results-what-you-think-hrt.html#post1913252

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX