advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder ball and socket problems- STEM CELLS?

juicin

Registered
I had an MRI where they inject the dye, and long story short my "anterior glenoid" and shoulder "socket" had major cartilage deformities. Basically small chunks taken out of the ball and socket of my shoulder joint. The surgeon says there is no way to repair this except for a total shoulder replacement (which he said he would not do at only age 29). He said to "work around it" but literally every exercise hurts. Its been a month now and its only gotten slightly better, and i wonder if thats just from taking glucosomine&msm.

Another doctor suggested the use of stem cells, Its a procedure where he would extract them from i believe my hip and then inject them into the joint. Id have to rest it for over a month with this and it costs over 3000$ and is not guarenteed to even work. Has ANYONE had expierance with this? I really want to get back into the gym.

All this from one lift, and i actually walked out of the gym thinking nothing was even wrong.

this is not an answer to what you asked for. but an alternative to consider.
a total replacement would not work well at your age but a Ream and Run( or similar procedure may be an alternative). if stem cell treatment is viable that would be a good option and a few thousand dollars to be able to use your shoulder for many more years is a good deal. IMO but there a again, that is coming from a guy that had the Ream and Run done and is happy enough with it.

Ream and Run Non-Prosthetic Glenoid Arthroplasty for Shoulder Arthritis | UW Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Seattle

Last edited:
this is not an answer to what you asked for. but an alternative to consider.
a total replacement would not work well at your age but a Ream and Run( or similar procedure may be an alternative). if stem cell treatment is viable that would be a good option and a few thousand dollars to be able to use your shoulder for many more years is a good deal. IMO but there a again, that is coming from a guy that had the Ream and Run done and is happy enough with it.

Ream and Run Non-Prosthetic Glenoid Arthroplasty for Shoulder Arthritis | UW Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Seattle

buck,

how long was your recorvery from this procedure?

depends on what you call recovery. was back in the gym in 8 days. i just didn't use the one arm except for rehab work. went back to work in 3 weeks. i scheduled it around our Christmas break at work as we close down for a week and a half usually.
i didn't push things to much any more. but i can use at least the same weights that most guys 20-30 years younger then me are using. but the recovery went well. 3 months and i started pushing things more, just went by feel and now it is my good shoulder!

FWIW - friend of mine had it done over a year ago. I believe they lipo fat cells from his waist area, spun out stem cells and then re-injected them.
No idea the extent of his shoulder problems but he claims to be pain free now. He referred 3 friends who also had it done. He said 2 showed definite improvement, 1 showed none. So it's not a guaranteed cure and it's a pretty expensive procedure.

I wonder if this is something low dose HGH for several months would help. It improved my joints quite a bit, shoulders included.

I would use 5mg TB500 subQ per week. 250-500mcg BPC157 per day injected with a slin pin into the injury. Take glucosamine, chilondriotin, and msm twice daily. 30mcg Igf1-Lr3 subQ EOD. These all help with healing.

If your shoulder is too far gone it won't help. But if it were free I would try it. But it's not so its a tough choice. Some times getting prolotherapy done on the surrounding ligaments and tendons can help reduce laxisity and secure the joint resulting in less daily inflammation. Prolotherapy is cheaper. PRP injections and similar as well. Also, don't underestimate physical therapy with a good therapist. Good luck though.

Also, lay off what ever aggravates it. There are many ways to achieve a good physique. Work smarter, not harder. Again, good luck.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131